2014 Bills OTAs Part 2 (June 3rd - June 5th)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ChrisBrownBills

OTA - 4 - Watkins back in big way - http://ow.ly/xAxPc

#Bills

EJ Manuel Starts Week 2 of OTAs <4:34>

Bills quarterback EJ Manuel talked to the media following Tuesday's OTA session which kicked off the second week of practices for the team. He discussed his progression and his thoughts on Marcell Dareus.

@ChrisBrownBills

OTA - 4 - Watkins back in big way - http://ow.ly/xAxPc

#Bills

I wonder if this refers to someone?

“Sammy is a great route runner,” said Manuel. “He always gives you the true route so as long as you’re on point with your drop and your footwork and everything like that you just throw it to a spot and he’s going to catch it.

I am starting to get a little giddy about the prospects of Sammy Watkins. I know that I was all about him coming in so that clouds my judgement for sure but he just seems different. He does not feel like a nice piece being added; he feels like he will be one of THE pieces. His game is just so polished and his natural ability is up there with just about any skill player that will enter the league. I am really excited.

I am starting to get a little giddy about the prospects of Sammy Watkins. I know that I was all about him coming in so that clouds my judgement for sure but he just seems different. He does not feel like a nice piece being added; he feels like he will be one of THE pieces. His game is just so polished and his natural ability is up there with just about any skill player that will enter the league. I am really excited.

Don't worry, TakersGhost will be here soon enough to tell you the 15 reasons you're enthusiasm is misguided... :D

Let's Go Sammy! Let's Go Buffalo!

The biggest thing I learned from today's reporting is that wgrzpete needs to upgrade his phone to one with a better camera

I wonder if this refers to someone?

That's the first thing that stood out to me as well.

Question for those with more knowledge of OTA's. I keep seeing tidbits about Manuel hitting nice throws deep down the sideline pretty often. To me, that was one of his big weaknesses last year. Was he good at these types of throws during last year's OTA's and then it just didn't translate to the field or is this an improvement from this time last year?

Bills Roundup: Team Returns for Week 2 of OTAs <4:01>

The team was back on practice field to kick off another week of OTAs. Head coach Doug Marrone and QB EJ Manuel discussed the recent Marcell Dareus situation. WR Sammy Watkins returned after missing time last week.

New nickel competition healthy for Robey

Last year at this time undrafted rookie Nickell Robey was well on his way to locking down the starting nickel cornerback role for the Bills. This year he’s got some veteran competition in free agent signee Corey Graham. But Robey is going to school on Graham’s experience and he believes it’s helping his game.

Graham has been first in the rotation at nickel corner in Buffalo’s defense followed by Robey.

That's the first thing that stood out to me as well.

Question for those with more knowledge of OTA's. I keep seeing tidbits about Manuel hitting nice throws deep down the sideline pretty often. To me, that was one of his big weaknesses last year. Was he good at these types of throws during last year's OTA's and then it just didn't translate to the field or is this an improvement from this time last year?

As far as I remember and not having looked it up he was hitting Woods and Goodwyn on the sidelines in OTA's last year. Started to struggle a bit when the pads came on.

I love how the latest bills roundup calls watkins' practice a personal highlight reel then goes on to show precisely 0 of the plays he made in team session. Brilliant work bb.com

Don't give away film on him imho... :D