Bush vs Obama: Who's Worse?

Bush vs Obama  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who's worse?

• George W Bush
    • Barack H Obama
    • Both are equally as bad

Horrible performance? I don't think he has been horrible at all.

And your view of PPP people as somehow not guided by blind loyalty demonstrates how you can't see what is obvious. I see a bunch of anti-Obama raving maniacs. How are you missing that?

I'm a righty and disapproved of Bush on many things during his presidency. Probably true of many here. Where's the blind loyalty in that? Obama's poll support has dipped well into the range where many people that voted for him disapprove, so there are at least some out there that have shed the blinders and are seeing things for what they are. It wouldn't take much of a man to look at even just recent events like the border fiasco and the late response to ISIS and conclude at the very least that Obama's asleep at the switch or even worse is deliberately ignoring these problems. Heck. we can wind back the clock several years and easily find a couple dozen more big blunders that he owns.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a righty and disapproved of Bush on many things during his presidency. Probably true of many here. Where's the blind loyalty in that? Obama's poll support has dipped well into the range where many people that voted for him disapprove, so there are at least some out there that have shed the blinders and are seeing things for what they are. It wouldn't take much of a man to look at even just recent events like the border fiasco and the late response to ISIS and conclude at the very least that Obama's asleep at the switch or even worse is deliberately ignoring these problems. Heck. we can wind back the clock several years and easily find a couple dozen more big blunders that he owns.

Polls? Seriously? Obama is 1/3 of the federal triangle and is working with a Congress that has polls south of the South poll. Call me when he reaches Bush levels of low polling. And your typical view of current events is commonly myopic. This seem bad now? Children running to border? Trouble in the Middle East. Crap like that is always happening. You think Reagan didn't have bad stuff happening? You don't see those things because they are not on the news NOW. But Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush all had stuff, even worse stuff, going on. You have zero perspective. You are like the person that's always saying, "Oh these days, everything is going to hell." As if the world before was perfect like in your dreams. You hate Obama so you blow up the current event problems to epic proportions as if they are unprecedented in scope, or imponderable in some way.

Most Presidents in their second terms don't stay popular, look at Reagan and Iran Contra or Nixon and Watergate or Clinton and Monica. Compared to those President, Obama look great!

Most Presidents in their second terms don't stay popular, look at Reagan and Iran Contra or Nixon and Watergate or Clinton and Monica. Compared to those President, Obama look great!

Compared to a BJ in the Oval Office Obama looks great?? Did you really just make that comparison? Do you owe Obama money or something??

Polls? Seriously? Obama is 1/3 of the federal triangle and is working with a Congress that has polls south of the South poll. Call me when he reaches Bush levels of low polling. And your typical view of current events is commonly myopic. This seem bad now? Children running to border? Trouble in the Middle East. Crap like that is always happening. You think Reagan didn't have bad stuff happening? You don't see those things because they are not on the news NOW. But Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush all had stuff, even worse stuff, going on. You have zero perspective. You are like the person that's always saying, "Oh these days, everything is going to hell." As if the world before was perfect like in your dreams. You hate Obama so you blow up the current event problems to epic proportions as if they are unprecedented in scope, or imponderable in some way.

This is so blisteringly stupid on so many different levels.

Ya know one of the points in my post was to forget about what the likes of Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush and heck George Washington have done. Put Congress aside as well. Drop the comparisons of which President did the worst things and just take a fair look at the performance of the guy in the White House now. Look simply at the issues he's confronted and the decisions and actions he has or hasn't taken. Maybe I should have said it more clearly for you. My apologies.

Ya know one of the points in my post was to forget about what the likes of Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush and heck George Washington have done. Put Congress aside as well. Drop the comparisons of which President did the worst things and just take a fair look at the performance of the guy in the White House now. Look simply at the issues he's confronted and the decisions and actions he has or hasn't taken. Maybe I should have said it more clearly for you. My apologies.

Sure, forget all the rest of the history of the republic, the other branches of government, everything! Just look at how this president is president when bad things happen in the world. Sounds fair...

Glad you brought that up. Prove my point about the myopic view you guys have. While that was happening so was this:

http://en.m.wikipedi...mbassy_bombings

The world was falling apart and you right wingers were screaming Clinton was the worst!

Actually, I was screaming Clinton was the worst because he had a complete lack of foreign policy that led to things like the embassy bombings.

It's a crying shame his legacy is the Lewinsky affair and Starr report, because it masks the fact that his foreign policy was an unholy train wreck...that Obama has somehow miraculously exceeded..

JOHN HINDERAKER:

“In recent months, Barack Obama has crossed an important threshold. He has always shown contempt for his opponents; now he shows contempt for his supporters. He has quit pretending to be a leader, and more or less quit pretending to be a president. On the right and the center, he has become a joke.”

But that isn’t the worst of it. No doubt there are a few liberals who still defend Obama, but they are the ones who haven’t been paying attention. Miss Weathervane, Maureen Dowd, exemplifies the larger group of liberals who are heading for the exits:

First the president couldn’t work with Republicans because they were too obdurate. Then he tried to chase down reporters with subpoenas. Now he finds members of his own party an unnecessary distraction.

His circle keeps getting more inner.
He golfs with aides and jocks, and he spent his one evening back in Washington from Martha’s Vineyard at a
nearly five-hour dinner
at the home of a nutritional adviser and former White House assistant chef, Sam Kass.

The president who was elected because he was a hot commodity is now a wet blanket.

The extraordinary candidate turns out to be the most ordinary of men, frittering away precious time on the links. Unlike L.B.J., who devoured problems as though he were being chased by demons, Obama’s main galvanizing impulse was to get himself elected.

The same trend is under way internationally. Thus, from Israel’s liberal Haaretz, formerly a staunch Obama backer: “Will the Middle East ruin Barack Obama’s summer vacation?”

It isn’t very hard to pretend to be president: Obama did it for five years or so. But now, he can’t be bothered. He leaves his allies with no ammunition with which to defend him, thereby showing, one might argue, even more contempt for them than for his enemies. There is an adage, Hell hath no fury like a liberal scorned. If that is true, Obama is in for a long two years.

Sure, forget all the rest of the history of the republic, the other branches of government, everything! Just look at how this president is president when bad things happen in the world. Sounds fair...

In your world Dick Jauron was an excellent head football coach for the Bills because he won so many more games than did Hank Bullough.

My overall financial portfolio was contorted during the last few years of the Bush debacle.

Then there was the Iraq thing where he was either too stupid or too careless to appraise successfully.

And I don't want to hear about "Zee Germans," and "the Brits," and their intelligence agencies.

Either ya believe in American exceptionalism or ya don't Dubya. But I don't care to hear your displacing and equalizing blame or otherwise trying to ameliorate your screw ups based on the ineptitude of others in the international community.

But then there is Obama ...

Who is every day screwing up the good will that was handed to him. Who hasn't figured out how to "president" or inspire confidence in the face of even mediocre crises. Who speaks when he shouldn't and doesn't speak when he should. Who still hasn't figured out how to leverage Obama Care in a way that people understand the net benefit to them and their immediate family.

I used to think that it was better messaging by the GOP. But when considering what LBJ was able to do when dealing with Civil Rights against an unwilling GOP and in the midst of Vietnam ... I can't give Obama that easy pass.

So yea, I'm not sure.

They're both just bad. I guess it's like asking would you rather drink piss or gasoline.

For what it's worth though ... I still think that Obama is a sincerely good person. He is just in so far over his head.

My overall financial portfolio was contorted during the last few years of the Bush debacle.

Then there was the Iraq thing where he was either too stupid or too careless to appraise successfully.

And I don't want to hear about "Zee Germans," and "the Brits," and their intelligence agencies.

Either ya believe in American exceptionalism or ya don't Dubya. But I don't care to hear your displacing and equalizing blame or otherwise trying to ameliorate your screw ups based on the ineptitude of others in the international community.

But then there is Obama ...

Who is every day screwing up the good will that was handed to him. Who hasn't figured out how to "president" or inspire confidence in the face of even mediocre crises. Who speaks when he shouldn't and doesn't speak when he should. Who still hasn't figured out how to leverage Obama Care in a way that people understand the net benefit to them and their immediate family.

I used to think that it was better messaging by the GOP. But when considering what LBJ was able to do when dealing with Civil Rights against an unwilling GOP and in the midst of Vietnam ... I can't give Obama that easy pass.

So yea, I'm not sure.

They're both just bad. I guess it's like asking would you rather drink piss or gasoline.

For what it's worth though ... I still think that Obama is a sincerely good person. He is just in so far over his head.

Well, I could dispute a few of those points, but not tonight. There were several times I wondered here about your absence and feared the worst. Welcome back.

Well, I could dispute a few of those points, but not tonight. There were several times I wondered here about your absence and feared the worst. Welcome back.

Thanks bro. Glad to be back.

Things were never that bad though there were times where I felt completely lost. Sometimes it just takes an agonizing reappraisal of where you're going and where you want to be.