Bush vs Obama: Who's Worse?

Bush vs Obama  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who's worse?

• George W Bush
    • Barack H Obama
    • Both are equally as bad

Which was what? If Obama were a Republican, Republicans would like him?

My point is that in today's HoR and Senate and Presidency and Supreme Court even, it's Rs vs Ds. What's best for the country is not important. What's best for the party to get more power is. Us vs Them. Of course you can find a few exceptions here and there. Nothing is 100%. So yes, if Obama was a Republican, they would like him.

It has nothing to do with ideology. It has to do with power and money and privilege.

Edited by reddogblitz

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point is that in today's HoR and Senate and Presidency and Supreme Court even, it's Rs vs Ds. What's best for the country is not important. What's best for the party to get more power is. Us vs Them. Of course you can find a few exceptions here and there. Nothing is 100%. So yes, if Obama was a Republican, they would like him.

It has nothing to do with ideology. It has to do with power and money and privilege.

If you feel that way about both R's and D's why call the Democrats Democrats but the Republicans Repugs? You've lost all credibility.

If you feel that way about both R's and D's why call the Democrats Democrats but the Republicans Repugs? You've lost all credibility.

I see your point. But actually in my discussions here on this topic I have used the terms Republicans, Democrats, Repugs, Republicrats, Demicans, Rs, and Ds. In the post you quoted I used their proper names, Republicans and Democrats and Rs and Ds.

How desperate are they ?

This is how desperate they are for a Base-Firming distraction: The Hill: White House Doubles Down On Impeachment.

The White House on Friday doubled down on its talk that Republicans could try and impeach President Obama, hours after a top White House aide said they were taking these calls more seriously.

“I think there are some Republicans, including some Republicans running for office, hoping to get into office to impeach the president,” White House spokesman Josh Earnest said, which he described as “political sideshows.”

Earnest was asked to identify who those Republicans are, and he only mentioned Sarah Palin, the 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee, but added there’s “no doubt” there are other voices also calling for impeachment.

Earnest also acknowledged that impeachment calls are being tied to fundraising.

Do tell.

LOL....sure there are some folks who have voiced that President Obama has exceeded his powers and deserves to be impeached, but the leaders of the Republican Party know that there is no chance of an impeachment.

This pure democrat wishing.

John Boehner should hold a press conference next week announcing the GOP has absolutely no intention of impeaching the president, period, and drown this pathetic attempt to garner sympathy immediately.

LOL............he already has said it several times LaBillz,

but like night follows day we get the "White House aide says GOP planning to Impeach" story

and the media transcribes it dutifully :lol:

LOL............he already has said it several times LaBillz,

but like night follows day we get the "White House aide says GOP planning to Impeach" story

and the media transcribes it dutifully :lol:

I mean really hold a press conference. With Boehner and McConnell and some of the old rags like McCain and Graham-- all of them standing together with some gimick sign or something -- and make an undeniably newsworthy event that has to be carried by the Obama Knobgobblers in prime time so when the middle class gets home to watch the news, they hear it across the board.

I mean really hold a press conference. With Boehner and McConnell and some of the old rags like McCain and Graham-- all of them standing together with some gimick sign or something -- and make an undeniably newsworthy event that has to be carried by the Obama Knobgobblers in prime time so when the middle class gets home to watch the news, they hear it across the board.

And if the news carries it at all (because "newsworthy" is what the media decides is newsworthy, meaning nothing is "undeniably" newsworthy), the headlines will be, not "Republicans Not Interested in Obama Impeachment," but "Republicans Claim 'Not Interested in Obama Impeachment'" and the stories will be phrased to shed doubt on the Republican's honesty.

And if the news carries it at all (because "newsworthy" is what the media decides is newsworthy, meaning nothing is "undeniably" newsworthy), the headlines will be, not "Republicans Not Interested in Obama Impeachment," but "Republicans Claim 'Not Interested in Obama Impeachment'" and the stories will be phrased to shed doubt on the Republican's honesty.

Bingo-addiction-Can-you-become-addicted-to-Bingo1.gif

What they should do if they were smart...............(unlikely I know) is what liberals hate the most.

Just laugh at him.

Every time that a 'reporter' brings it up they should just laugh at this foolishness.

WH goes full gatorman

In an almost farcical twist on the recent political debate, the ObamaWhite House has joined the Democratic fundraising apparatus in what appears to be a campaign to encourage Republicans to impeach the president.

In the past 48 hours, first lady Michelle Obama, White House senior adviser Dan Pfeiffer, White House spokesman Josh Earnest, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, and others have raised the specter of an Obama impeachment.

The first lady was first to broach the subject, in a Thursday evening fundraising speech in Chicago. "If we lose these midterm elections, it's going to be a whole lot harder to finish what we started," Obama said, "because we'll just see more of the same out in Washington -- more obstructions, more lawsuits, and talk about impeachment."

BYRON YORK: The Democrats’ Impeachment-Themed Fundraising Extravaganza.

The GOP won’t impeach Obama. Nobody wants a President Biden. And even if you could Agnew Biden out of the way, you’d just get . . . President Boehner. Nobody wants that, either. . . .

Rep. Scalise Calls Out Obama: ‘First White House In History Trying To Start Narrative Of Own Impeachment.’

““Look, the White House will do anything they can to change the topic away from the president’s failed agenda. . . . People are paying higher costs for food, for healthcare, for gas at the pump. And the president isn’t addressing those problems. So he wants to try to change the subject.”

Letter to the editor in the Buffalo News---WOW. The comments are pure gold---get them at the link:

http://www.buffalone...rigins-20140726

Obama critics may not like the president’s origins

I and, doubtless, others wonder why President Obama has such low poll numbers. He’s smart, thoughtful and dignified, which are balanced with a fine sense of humor. He’s kept us safe with no 9/11 on his watch and no new wars. There has been increased employment and decreased national deficits, every year of his presidency. Through persistent calls for military intervention, screams of incompetency and threats of lawsuits and impeachment, he meets continual crises with calm deliberation and a thoroughness that reassures and inspires confidence.

So, what is different about this man, vilified beyond all reason, evoking more filibusters and partisanship than any other chief executive? Former Secretary of State George Marshall, deservedly, won a Nobel Peace Prize for his European Recovery Plan following World War II. After President Obama’s inauguration in 2009, he tried to initiate a similar plan, hoping to provide thousands of jobs to improve our crumbling infrastructure, and thereby rescue our troubled economy. Congressional approval was grudging and inadequate, slowing our recovery and making it nonexistent for many.

There is definitely something about this president that causes right-wing radio and Fox News to go ballistic and conspiracy theorists to pounce at any perceived negativity, instantly demeaning him while “wanting their country back.” Those who suggest possible racism get hammered. The denial becomes so vehement it creates its own Catch 22 by inciting these people to even greater levels of anger and hatred. America the beautiful will truly be so, one day, when colorblindness becomes rooted in American principle.

Edited by 3rdnlng

LOL........................

Leading cable news at 6PM/ET:

CNN: Gaza conflict;

Fox: Legislative deal to fix V.A.;

MSNBC: GOP calls for Obama impeachment..................... :doh:

It’s safe to say it’s not a slow news day. And while it’s not unusual for network evening newscasts to kick off with the same lead story, cable news is a different animal. For MSNBC, the lead story of the week is the invented story of GOP’s calls for the impeachment of President Obama.

President Obama’s competence problem is worse than it looks

Washington Post, by Chris Cillizza

Original Article

You can understand President Obama's current political problems -- and how those problems could make things very tough for his party in this fall's midterm election -- in a single word. And that word is "competence".

Obama was elected in 2008 on a stated promise that he would restore competence to government. He pitched himself as the antidote to "Heck of a job, Brownie" and the Bush years, the person who would always put the most qualified candidate in every job in his Administration. That the basic functioning of government would never be in question.

Almost six years on from that election, however, Obama is faltering badly on the competence question and, in so doing, badly imperiling not only his ability to enact any sort of second term agenda but also Democrats' chances this fall. A series of events -- from the VA scandal to the ongoing border crisis to the situation in Ukraine to the NSA spying program -- have badly undermined the idea that Obama can effectively manage the government.

The latest evidence is a question in a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation pollreleased Sunday that asks whether the phrase "can manage the government effectively" applies to Obama. Just more than four in ten (42 percent) said that it does while 57 percent said it does not. (It was the lowest that Obama scored on any of the six characteristic questions CNN asked in the survey.)

President Barack Obama had some blistering words for congressional Republicans during a speech Wednesday in Kansas City, saying they need to stop “hating all the time.”

“We could do so much more if Congress would just come on and help out a little bit,” Obama said. “Stop being mad all the time. Stop just hating all the time. Lets get some work done together.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/07/obama-gop-stop-hating-109543.html#ixzz38yVPj2iu

Ya right. It's what they live for!

Ya right. It's what they live for!

One thing you can say about Obama: from day 1 until now, the only thing he has proven to really excel at is spending someone else's money to run around the country blaming everyone else for the ills of the world.

In spite of all the problems that have occurred on his watch, this will undoubtedly be his legacy. And make no mistake: you have to be genuinely incompetent of epic scales to screw up a pre-packaged hand-delivered legacy that would immediately be afforded the first black president.

Way to piss away a grand opportunity, you self-absorbed thin-skinned dolt.

Aside from all of his policies and what he is trying to accomplish, the thing that I'm most disappointed in Obama is his uber partisanship. I grant that the Republicans have fought him tooth and nail. But what good does it do to say the Republicans are the ones causing all the problems and he is just "doing his job"? He told us he was going to set a new tone in Washington and "reach across the aisle". Has he invited the Republicans over to the White House for breakfast to try to "work together"? Or anything like that? I can't recall, but if he did, please point it out.

He is the first president I remember to actually come out and call the other party on the carpet and blame them for everything. The things he says sound more like something Rachel Maddow or Lawrence O'Donnel would say, not the President of the United States of America.

A direct quote from him a fund raising email I got: "Instead of suing me for doing my job, I want congress to do it's job and make life better ... for Americans". In other words, "it's not my job."

Edited by reddogblitz