SB Nation: NFL's best linebacker corps: Bills, 49ers lead the way

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Warren@MattRichWarren 19m

NFL's best linebacker corps: #Bills, 49ers lead the way http://sbn.to/1oCLmgo via @sbnation

Bills are listed as one of two "elite" LB corps in the league.

We've come a long way from the days of John DiGiorgio and Kirk Morrison as starters.

Wow. This is great!!

By the way, I love the DiGiorgio reference. He was no Brandon Spoon, that's for sure.

Wow! Awesome.

Good references have been made above, but can we just note how far we've come in a meager two years? Holy crap.

No we haven't!! This team has been bad for 14 years!! Until they start winning games Kiko & Kirk Morrison are the same in my book. I am so sick of hearing how talented they are. They have lost for 14 years! Fire everyone!! Do you really believe that new people, selecting new talent playing against different opponents will really change anything?? The Bills were bad a decade ago so I am sure that they will be bad now. :)

I don't see it. I love moving Kiko to OLB but he hasn't taken a snap there yet. Spikes has yet to prove he can be a nickel MLB. And who is the third LB?

If Spikes can be a nickel MLB letting Kiko stay at OLB it would make the nickel defense special.

I don't see it. I love moving Kiko to OLB but he hasn't taken a snap there yet. Spikes has yet to prove he can be a nickel MLB. And who is the third LB?

If Spikes can be a nickel MLB letting Kiko stay at OLB it would make the nickel defense special.

I don't think Spikes will be the nickel MLB in some packages (depending on matchups)... Kiko will slide over some. 3rd LB is Keith Rivers. For the first time in a long time, the Bills have 1)solid starters and 2)solid depth. Edited by YoloinOhio

I can't put too much into that article when it starts with..."The Bills already had a very nice group of linebackers in 2013"

Spikes will not be the nickel MLB and Rivers is the other OLB which has been mentioned since both signed

Edited by Max997

I believe that we may have one of the most talented front 7 in the league if not the most talented from starters to depth. How well they play together is up to Schwartz and his scheme. I'm really hoping Whaley had more to do with that hire than Marrone. Whaley has earned more trust with me than any Bills brass has that I can remember.

I can't put too much into that article when it starts with..."The Bills already had a very nice group of linebackers in 2013"

Why?

They did have a very nice group. Now, at least on paper, they have made the group even better.

Matt Warren@MattRichWarren 19m

NFL's best linebacker corps: #Bills, 49ers lead the way http://sbn.to/1oCLmgo via @sbnation

Bills are listed as one of two "elite" LB corps in the league.

We've come a long way from the days of John DiGiorgio and Kirk Morrison as starters.

Don't forget that dud Kelvin Sheppard at MLB. He'd still be there with Chan, and Fitz would still be QB.

I feel that one reason was that everyone was trying for sacks and failing many times to stay in their gaps.

Welcome!

Yes, over pursuit may have been an issue from their inherent aggressive scheme. In fact, I think it was stated by players many times, they needed to fill holes better and not over pursue. Unfortunately, they did not seem to get any better at it as the season progressed. Thus we got gashed a lot (last pats game). I think Spikes will be a big help here.

The DL has to be there at worst. They have 3 Pro Bowlers and another double digit sack guy. 3 of the 4 players on the DL will rank in the top 62 players in the entire NFL.

Yea, I would have ranked them in the top 3, but that could be my bias showing.

"Bills elite LB corps" is a phrase I have not heard in a long time.

But seriously, the Spikes/Kiko combination is one I'm looking forward to. Between them, and our defensive line, I could argue that we might have one of the best front 7's in football right now.

No we haven't!! This team has been bad for 14 years!! Until they start winning games Kiko & Kirk Morrison are the same in my book. I am so sick of hearing how talented they are. They have lost for 14 years! Fire everyone!! Do you really believe that new people, selecting new talent playing against different opponents will really change anything?? The Bills were bad a decade ago so I am sure that they will be bad now. :)

I almost bit on this one. Well done. Kirk Morrison...haha.