Meanwhile in NOLA

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course and I agree. But I do see how he doesn't tend to get the benefit of the doubt, not just from bitter beer face Bills fans :lol: but the twitter comments from fans of the Saints and all the teams who didn't sign him in FA - Eagles, Browns, Colts, Broncos, Redskins... they were all over it. Probably nothing, but he has the reputation.

Unfortunately for the Byrd-man he is gaining this reputation, but at least he got his big payday! Glad we didn't re-sign him. I have a feeling the Bills knew of this injury to an extent and thought maybe he only had a few good seasons left before he could not play at his current level do to nagging injuries.They usually don't get better and surgeries can be worse.

Well i hope its not too serious. The back is nothing to take lightly.

I alway thought Byrd was a fine Buffalo Bill player who played hard and was always improving his craft. Through all those D coordinators and coaches during his time here.

Till the contract .

Then all bets were off. I have no idea who was screwing who . But that period of time sucked . But i have moved on too. Just like he has and we should .

Stay classy TBD !

Edited by 3rdand12

Supply and demand. Byrd hit the free agent market at the right time. I have no problem with him wanting to make as much money as possible. The average career span for an NFL player is four years and it's unlikely that they will find careers that can match their earnings once they're done with football. He wanted to be the highest paid safety in the league and for now he is.

I have no problem with it.

Fans can be upset either way as to why he left, but I really doubt that any fan is honestly glad that he's hurt or hoping that the injury is more serious.

Me three, except when he is getting trucked by Sammy into the endzone in the Super Bowl. Then I will cheer for Sammy.

And Williams , and Woods , and Spiller.... And especially Especially Fred !!

Yes, it is not that he is having the surgery it is that he is having it in June. Citing the examples of "our guys" who had surgery in January as a comparison doesn't really equate.

Right, this is exactly what I was thinking. The season ended 5 months ago...if the problem cropped up during the season, why wait 5 months for surgery? I think it's OK to to question their "selective" timing.

Edited by nikuman

Byrd signed with the Saints almost 3 months ago. Even though I don't like what he pulled with the PF last year, I'd have to think that if it was an issue before he signed with the Saints, he'd have had the back surgery a month or so ago. But again, not the Bills' problem now.

Right, this is exactly what I was thinking. The season ended 5 months ago...if the problem cropped up during the season, why wait 5 months for surgery? I think it's OK to to question their "selective" timing.

Probably because he wanted to make sure he had a contract in hand from someone before having surgery?

Probably because he wanted to make sure he had a contract in hand from someone before having surgery?

It's cool, I just saw the pic of where he hurt his back:

Bo1DQMwIMAE2ER8.jpg

Shoulders, ankles, hips, meh.

Disc surgery? Not the same.

He said he has no symptoms.

Doc: What hurts? Byrd: Nothing Doc: Welp, let's do some cuttin' around your spine just in case.

If you're a pending free agent, even having 'optional' off-season surgery might be a red flag for some teams and could have had the potential to lower the offers. If the Saints knew he was coming off back surgery would they have been so eager to pursue and sign JB? So putting it off makes sense from that aspect. From the view of being ready for the season not so much.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

half our starters are getting basic cleanup work done this offseason... the only difference is they are "our guys"

Seems as though most of "our guys" had this work done months ago and are all expected to be 100% shortly. They won't miss much practice time.

Just saying.

Seems as though most of "our guys" had this work done months ago and are all expected to be 100% shortly. They won't miss much practice time.

Just saying.

how much practice time is he really missing with the status of "will be ready by training camp"

if it drags out, maybe worth a discussion, but today it just sounds petty. its being advertised as a minor procedure, its being touted as a quick recovery..... until its shown to be otherwise, ill stick with assuming its a minor offseason cleanup.

New Orleans Saints ?@Saints 2m

Byrd will miss this week's OTAs due to a back issue but will return in a week #Saints

Katherine Terrell ?@Kat_Terrell 1m

Payton said they'd be cautious and they're shooting for training camp.

Katherine Terrell ?@Kat_Terrell 1m

If this was the regular season Byrd would not have had the surgery

Edited by NoSaint

Correct me if i am wrong but didn't Byrd miss considerable amount of time his second season too?

Unlike others i do care what former players do for a few reasons. One being to see if our F.O made a good decision or not.

He missed a few games at the end of the year