Meanwhile in NOLA

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No ones started a thread for Levitre yet and it's his second year in a row? He had offseason hip surgery.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/titansinsider/2014/05/27/titans-nfl-tennessee-levitre-nashville/9637105/

I agree with Kelly, players have loads of clean up procedures in the offseason. I put a sample list of just some of the big name players that did this offseason in the Kiko/Mario thread.

oh. I have many positive things to say about Byrd. "Tough" is not one of them. But, I could be in denial of his toughness.

i think theres a bit of perspective to be had here - if you put last season out the window as abnormal weighing of risk and reward - hes generally played week in and week out and there is NO way to do that without being tough as hell. even if there are several better guys to point to on any given team, hes still got to be pretty tough and playing through a variety of pains.

i think theres a bit of perspective to be had here - if you put last season out the window as abnormal weighing of risk and reward - hes generally played week in and week out and there is NO way to do that without being tough as hell. even if there are several better guys to point to on any given team, hes still got to be pretty tough and playing through a variety of pains.

Just what I've heard. And, it doesn't come as a surprise to me that the surgery he is having is for asymptomatic back issue, it is preventative, and he is choosing to do it at the end of May where the latest report from ESPN is he will miss OTAs and minicamp. Again, I have a lot of positive to say about him but the toughness piece didn't hit home. For me. Compared to every player who is always playing through whatever pain, they are no where near 100%, yet Jairus declares he will only play when he is 100%. Edited by YoloinOhio

[

Hey, stop being so reasonable! This is a thread to bash ex-Bills....no need to present anything but disdain, envy, ad hominem broadsides, snark, etc.

In defense of the topic starter (moi), the intent wasn't to bash him. It's a news piece. If there was an ulterior motive, it would have been to snuff out the WHY THE !@#$ DIDN'T WE FRANCHISE BYRD threads that (as of last week) are still popping up.

@AdamSchefter

Saints S Jairus Byrd is undergoing a surgical procedure on a disc in his back today. Team said it believes he will return next week.

ESPN said just now that he will be back on site next week but not expected to participate in drills until TC. Probably rehab/meetings/observe Edited by YoloinOhio

In defense of the topic starter (moi), the intent wasn't to bash him. It's a news piece. If there was an ulterior motive, it would have been to snuff out the WHY THE !@#$ DIDN'T WE FRANCHISE BYRD threads that (as of last week) are still popping up.

half our starters are getting basic cleanup work done this offseason... the only difference is they are "our guys"

half our starters are getting basic cleanup work done this offseason... the only difference is they are "our guys"

:thumbsup:

I don't understand the hate for departed players and incessant following of those deemed not to "earn" their contract. I could care less what Byrd, Levitre, or Jason Peters does now. They're gone.

yes, three time pro bowler on one of the biggest joke franchises in pro sports was a "problem". The low self esteem of Bills fans blaming one of the very few Bills players who actually earned his game checks this CENTURY never ceases too amaze.

You have to play in games to earn a check.

...but seriously...who cares?

I didn't have the Bills doctors or trainers but have had 3 back surgeries and each one made my back worse. Not sure they are always as simple as others or we are lead to believe. I wish him the best, but the timing could be viewed by some as suspect and I understand why.

I didn't have the Bills doctors or trainers but have had 3 back surgeries and each one made my back worse. Not sure they are always as simple as others or we are lead to believe. I wish him the best, but the timing could be viewed by some as suspect and I understand why.

Yes, it is not that he is having the surgery it is that he is having it in June. Citing the examples of "our guys" who had surgery in January as a comparison doesn't really equate.

Yes, it is not that he is having the surgery it is that he is having it in June. Citing the examples of "our guys" who had surgery in January as a comparison doesn't really equate.

given that we dont have much info on the extent of it, and that he, like our guys, is expected back by camp.... sounds like something they tried resting and decided to clean up while they still had plenty of time. which being at the 6 week to camp time frame sounds like it wasnt a terribly serious injury.

could it be serious? sure. could it be completely simple? definitely.

given that we dont have much info on the extent of it, and that he, like our guys, is expected back by camp.... sounds like something they tried resting and decided to clean up while they still had plenty of time. which being at the 6 week to camp time frame sounds like it wasnt a terribly serious injury.

could it be serious? sure. could it be completely simple? definitely.

Of course and I agree. But I do see how he doesn't tend to get the benefit of the doubt, not just from bitter beer face Bills fans :lol: but the twitter comments from fans of the Saints and all the teams who didn't sign him in FA - Eagles, Browns, Colts, Broncos, Redskins... they were all over it. Probably nothing, but he has the reputation.