NFLN Top 100: #62 Mr. Big Stuff Marcell Dareus

I'm giving him a hard time on his attitude in the other thread but the kid can play. What a top end of the draft that year was.... Amazing....

Yes he is darn good. NFL teams know they are not going to have all perfectly behaved players. I am hoping that his situation is resolved and he is on the field 16 19 games. But imagine how good he would be if he took it seriously and laid off the drugs and showed up on time. Edited by YoloinOhio

haha - mr. big puffs. really though i do love this guy, he's always reminded me of darryl from the office and just an all-around-likeable dude, and plays big too.

Met him a few times in person. Very warm and engaging each time

Dareus or Darryl Philbin?

Haha- after I posted I tried to go back and edit to say I meant Dareus and not Darryl. For some reason I haven't been able to edit posts through the tapatalk app on mobile lately.

Not that it means a thing, but I wonder who else from Buffalo makes the list... I would presume Mario makes it... wonder about Spiller or (ex-Bill) Jairus Byrd. Of course, EJ is a lock....

Someone said in another thread that the Bills had 4 players (Kiko, Dareus, Kyle Williams & Mario). That seems about right to me. I think that Byrd will probably be on there as well (Ward and Weddle were already).

Not that it means a thing, but I wonder who else from Buffalo makes the list... I would presume Mario makes it... wonder about Spiller or (ex-Bill) Jairus Byrd. Of course, EJ is a lock....

Spiller and Byrd were better in 2012 and neither made that list. I expect Mario to make it. Would be pleasantly surprised with a KW appearance.

Edited by Big C

Spiller and Byrd were better in 2012 and neither made that list. I expect Mario to make it. Would be pleasantly surprised with a KW appearance.

It really surprises me that Byrd didn't make the list. I would've thought he did

Someone said in another thread that the Bills had 4 players (Kiko, Dareus, Kyle Williams & Mario). That seems about right to me. I think that Byrd will probably be on there as well (Ward and Weddle were already).

Jeez...how did I forget about Kyle Williams? I am slipping...

Yer probably right about Spiller...but remember, this is voted on by the players. Byrd did make the Pro Bowl again, as I recall. I could be mis-reading things, but it seemed like Byrds' free-agency situation had a lot of players around the league interested in him, and heard a number of players from different teams express how great he was... voicing their solidarity with him. Most likely as much to pressure him not to sign for less to stay in Buffalo... singing an insane deal somewhere else, only raises the going rate for everyone else, when and if their time comes.

Edited by Buftex

Our entire defensive line is one of the best in the NFL. Gotta take advantage of that. Overall, our defense has the potential to be disgustingly good. We've got the talent, it now depends on coaching.

Watkins could be top 50 right now...Joe B said after watching him he is the most talented player on the team...and that says a lot, cause I think our roster is pretty darn good

He said this morning that Sammy indicated he wasn't going full speed yesterday.. yet he said he still looked like he was quicker than anyone else.

It really surprises me that Byrd didn't make the list. I would've thought he did

I don't think they have gotten to the top 50 yet. I would expect him, Mario and KW to be in the top half. Edited by YoloinOhio

He said this morning that Sammy indicated he wasn't going full speed yesterday.. yet he said he still looked like he was quicker than anyone else.

I don't think they have gotten to the top 50 yet. I would expect him, Mario and KW to be in the top half.

If Watkins is as good as they think and as it sounds he is going to be special. I loved him coming out but so far it sounds even better than I thought.

In terms of the defense, it is pretty crazy that 5 of the 100 best players in the NFL started on the Bills defense last year. I wonder if there is another unit in the NFL that has 5 players represented (yes I realize Byrd is gone)? Maybe SF defense (Justin Smith, Aldon Smith, Willis, Bowman, Reid), Denver offense (Manning, Clady, Thomas, Thomas, Welker) or Philly offense (Foles, Peters, McCoy, Mathis, Desean)? Actually, the Philly offense definitely will because 4 of those guys have already been on and I am sure that McCoy made it. It is just interesting to think about.