Marshawn Lynch skips Seahawks White House visit

So many blunts to smoke, so little time.

It is common courtesy and traditionally expected. Failure to do so is disrespectful in the extreme.

Traditionally respected.

B.S.

DCTom is correct. . . . . . . .you go if you wish to, you don't if you choose not to.

The President is not royalty.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am no fan of Rush Limbaugh, and I have no hate for the man. I simply don't respect him, his beliefs or the people who blindly follow. I respect the Presidency and my country, both of which have been weakened while he has been at the helm. Your vitriol is disgusting, the ability to publicly state disrespect for authority is what makes us all unique as Americans. My disrespect is not hate inspired, simply derived from fundamental differences in the way in which my president and I view our world.

Sorry for the Rush Limbaugh stereotype. That was uncalled for. As for the rest of my comments, they stand as is.

I have lived through many presidents, and I can that I have profoundly disagreed with all of them on some or even all of their policies. The right to disagree and publicly so is fundamental to our system, but disagree and disrespect are two different things. Sorry if you do not see the difference it makes.

Sorry for the Rush Limbaugh stereotype. That was uncalled for. As for the rest of my comments, they stand as is.

I have lived through many presidents, and I can that I have profoundly disagreed with all of them on some or even all of their policies. The right to disagree and publicly so is fundamental to our system, but disagree and disrespect are two different things. Sorry if you do not see the difference it makes.

I appreciate your apology. And, I agree that the office of the Presidency always deserves respect, but there is a difference between the man in the office and the office itself. I both disagree with and lack respect for the man, however I respect the office he holds more than him.

Please, save your Rush Limbaugh inspired hatred for a different forum. That man is 10x the man you will ever be, regardless of political beliefs. He is the President of the United States of America. If you cannot respect that then there is something wrong with you.

Disagree. Respect works both ways. Our President deserved respect upon his election and for a period of time, but IMO he has not been respectful himself to whom he serves and has forfeited that respect.

The best part about the whole Thomas thing was that he was the only American born player on the active roster for the Bruins during that playoff run (and possibly one American reserve up from the AHL). So a bunch of Canadians, a Slovak, a Czech, and a Finn visited the president that day. That couldn't have thrilled Jacobs too much.

His right not to go, I'm still a little pissed that a bunch of liberals who aren't even hockey fans ran Tim Thomas out of Boston for having the gall to not attend because he disagreed with his policies.

Drop kick Flutie?? Whatever. I am Liberal and was kind of happy to see Thomas do what he did. I was irked more athletes didn't do it with Bush, but since most are really wealthy I guess that won't happen much with Republican Presidents

Tim Thomas can suck an egg and Lynch can suck it after Thomas is done with it! You might not like the policies or a certain President but the Country ( in this case U.S. ) that they live in grants the freedom to earn millions of dollars playing a sport in a free country!

Sorry to be the one to break this to you but this country is not about freedom and individual liberty anymore. Ceased to be a constitutional republic a long time ago. Haven't you heard? It's all about the collective. You know, shared misery with no one better than anyone else. It's all about centralized authoritarian rule. Ask Barry about his pen and phone.

Sorry to be the one to break this to you but this country is not about freedom and individual liberty anymore. Ceased to be a constitutional republic a long time ago. Haven't you heard? It's all about the collective. You know, shared misery with no one better than anyone else. It's all about centralized authoritarian rule. Ask Barry about his pen and phone.

And the "We are oppressed" crowd makes its appearance again :rolleyes:

Drop kick Flutie?? Whatever. I am Liberal and was kind of happy to see Thomas do what he did. I was irked more athletes didn't do it with Bush, but since most are really wealthy I guess that won't happen much with Republican Presidents

Yeah, those rich actors and rags-to-riches African Americans are pretty staunch Republican supporters.

Marshawn had every right in the world to stay away. We all have every right in the world to disrespect the man without disrespecting the presidency. Obama took an oath to uphold the Constitution but has blatantly usurped it. Obama has deliberately divided this country for political reasons. His time in office has seen the most corruption based on his partisanship and the least competency in my lifetime. We can't be trusted by our allies nor respected by our enemies. He blames everyone and everything but himself for his failures. He lies all the time. He's lazy and spends the taxpayer's money excessively on vacations, golf trips and luxuries. Those are a few of my reasons for disrespecting the man.

Personally he's a dumbass. It's not about him, it's not about Obama it's about the Seattle Seahawks...the team. But you guys continue debating it as if it were. :rolleyes:

Do I like what Obama's done/doing? I think you all know the answer to that. But if I'm on a team and that team is invited to the WH I go because I'm part of the team. Stupid.

Personally he's a dumbass. It's not about him, it's not about Obama it's about the Seattle Seahawks...the team. But you guys continue debating it as if it were. :rolleyes:

Do I like what Obama's done/doing? I think you all know the answer to that. But if I'm on a team and that team is invited to the WH I go because I'm part of the team. Stupid.

Yes. This isn't charles manson he's being forced to visit. Bite the bullet and go pretend you're having a good time like the well paid representative of the seahawks you are.

And try not to run over anyone at the wh.

Chef, you couldn't pay me to participate in a phony photo op with that guy. If someone bought my flight and paid my hotel plus my wage per hour I wouldn't do it. Team be damned. See you at training camp!

Chef, you couldn't pay me to participate in a phony photo op with that guy. If someone bought my flight and paid my hotel plus my wage per hour I wouldn't do it. Team be damned. See you at training camp!

Dude seriously, you sound as whiny as those colleges that un-invite commencement speakers

Life is full of people you don't like and want nothing to do with. Pro-Football is like any other job in the respect that sometimes players have to attend events they'd rather not go to and spend time with people they don't like.

Sometimes you gotta just suck it up and deal with it.

Dude seriously, you sound as whiny as those colleges that un-invite commencement speakers

Life is full of people you don't like and want nothing to do with. Pro-Football is like any other job in the respect that sometimes players have to attend events they'd rather not go to and spend time with people they don't like.

Well I guess I'm a whiner then. In no way does it harm the Seahawks if he doesn't participate. Not like it's a practice or team meeting.I would say just give my spot to someone who will enjoy the trip. Leave me alone!

You are right, and I typically avoid any of the politically motivated comments on this board as no good comes of engaging. However, I find it disturbing, as an American, when someone says the President is not deserving of respect. That is all. I am out on this particular discussion, and I am sorry if I contributed to devolving the thread.

So title dictates respect?

You haven't given any underlying reasons that support your assertion that we owe the President respect. You've basically just said that we should because you feel that way. Care to elaborate?

Edited by Rob's House

Sorta like the rules here at TBD, eh?

Remind me never to work on a project with you. Because I'd have to keep kicking in the nutz everytime you pointed out it was all about you and I don't like kicking people in the nuts.

Well I guess I'm a whiner then. In no way does it harm the Seahawks if he doesn't participate. Not like it's a practice or team meeting.I would say just give my spot to someone who will enjoy the trip. Leave me alone!

Really?? Do you work in a !@#$ing box by yourself? So you think that not one Seahawk player thinks a little less of Lynch now?

Remind me never to work on a project with you. Because I'd have to keep kicking in the nutz everytime you pointed out it was all about you and I don't like kicking people in the nuts.

Really?? Do you work in a !@#$ing box by yourself? So you think that not one Seahawk player thinks a little less of Lynch now?

Sorry you feel this way chef. Would never even consider going though. And I'm sure the Seahawk players will recover just nicely.

If I'm on a team and that team is invited to the White House, I do what I want and that's between me and the team, and I couldn't care less about anyone else's opinion.

Id be willing to bet if any of you were invited to the White House by Obama, you would all be creaming your shorts and telling your family, friends and collegues about it. Your Facebook and Twitter accounts would be full of Selfies and White House comments. But hey, we are all tough guys on a Bills forum! Gotta luv it!

Id be willing to bet if any of you were invited to the White House by Obama, you would all be creaming your shorts and telling your family, friends and collegues about it. Your Facebook and Twitter accounts would be full of Selfies and White House comments. But hey, we are all tough guys on a Bills forum! Gotta luv it!

Just like you would have been getting your rocks off with an invitation from George W. Bush.

Just like you would have been getting your rocks off with an invitation from George W. Bush.

I hate Bush, but I would have been happy to be invited to such a historical place. One of the most important places in the world.

I hate Bush, but I would have been happy to be invited to such a historical place. One of the most important places in the world.

I've already been to that place, so the only perk to "cream" myself over would be the great honor of meeting a celebrity. I used to get star struck by celebrities, but then I turned 12 year's old. Apparently you still do. Are you the grown man who gets athletes' autographs for himself?

Why do you hate Bush?

Is it because of Gitmo?

NSA spying?

Afghan war?

Iraqi war?

AIDS prevention in Africa?

Drone warfare?

His leading from behind in foreign matters?

I've already been to that place, so the only perk to "cream" myself over would be the great honor of meeting a celebrity. I used to get star struck by celebrities, but then I turned 12 year's old. Apparently you still do. Are you the grown man who gets athletes' autographs for himself?

Hey, one of those internet douchebags just showed up! Edited by PO'14

Hey, one of those internet tough guys just showed up!

Why aren't you answering my post #75 of this thread? This is a discussion board not a dart board. Your sniveling little comments belong at the kiddie table not here.

Personally, I find hero worship and political posturing both to be rather boring, and wouldn't care to be a party to either.

But hey, if invitations from nominal superiors make you feel better about yourself, then good for you. Hope that Tom Petty autograph makes you feel validated.