Jim Kelly Update Thread: Biopsies Negative, Cancer Free!

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Classy guy that Marino is....

CBF

Hated how he would light our D's up with surgical precision, but he certainly understands that was just a game, this is real life. I have a new respect for Marino. I like him, he's a good guy.

@ProFootballTalk

Jim Kelly released from hospital and headed home after finishing round of cancer treatments http://wp.me/p14QSB-9uVy

@WKBW

#Bills Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly was released from hospital this morning. Brother says he felt good and is very excited to go home.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Continuing to cross my fingers that these bits of news are the good sort of leaving the hospital, and not the "giving up and finishing life at home" news.

If this was the case I doubt they would announce it. I do know it's serious and hope he can survive this.

If this was the case I doubt they would announce it. I do know it's serious and hope he can survive this.

Hey Dorkington - In almost every case, very little information is provided non-family members concerning a person's health status. This is BY LAW. There are, however, rare cases where someone rescinds that right and instructs his family members and healthcare providers to release some or all of the information. Jim Kelly has basically allowed the release of almost all his health information. I am sure he has not allowed them to release some of the "grittier" details (such as nausea etc) and there is really no need to discuss every detail of his treatment.

I am saying this to try to reassure you as much as possible that the information , in Kelly's case, is amazingly accurate and there is little being held back. So, what we know is a lot right now: His first major set of treatments are done. He is being sent home because the treatment series is done and he is healthy enough to go home. This is not bad news. This is good news. Now, we (meaning EVERYONE) have to wait to see how well the first set of treatments worked to eradicate the cancer(s). I believe there is every expectation he will need a second round of treatments but I do not recall what the entire regimen is supposed to encompass. It is out there somewhere (perhaps even in this Thread).

Lastly, several medical experts have chimed in to state that Jim's cancer while very serious IS treatable and they say can be handled effectively to prolong his life and may even put him into remission.

So, my point is - him going home is good news. There has been no reports he has been placed on hospice care. If THAT occurs, then the news would be the worst possible in terms of his survival. So be happy for him he is out of the hospital

. -RnJ

PS: My wife is a hospital chaplain (RevNJoisy) and I have learned much of this from her- (God bless her)

That piece on ESPN with Erin was beautiful .

I agree. I think the love for JK has do little to do with his play on the field and so much to do with his resiliency. He continues to get knocked down and always gets back up. He is like a real life Rocky. From the Super Bowls, to Hunter to cancer the guy just keeps fighting. Can you imagine a movie about his life? In many ways he is the perfect hero for WNY. He is such an inspiration and I pray that he wins this battle. One thing is for sure, he isn't going down without a fight.

I agree. I think the love for JK has do little to do with his play on the field and so much to do with his resiliency. He continues to get knocked down and always gets back up. He is like a real life Rocky. From the Super Bowls, to Hunter to cancer the guy just keeps fighting. Can you imagine a movie about his life? In many ways he is the perfect hero for WNY. He is such an inspiration and I pray that he wins this battle. One thing is for sure, he isn't going down without a fight.

His no quit attitude is old school America, something sorely lacking in todays society