Jim Kelly Update Thread: Biopsies Negative, Cancer Free!

I guess a reporter can always argue the right to print what he sees fit, but this strikes me as tabloid journalism at it's finest. Let me summarize.....During a glorious moment. Kelly "snapped".

A healthy Jim Kelly knocking the lolipop out of the hand of a baby is fair commentary and relevant news. JK dealing with the emotion of learning he's dealing with a whole 'nother level of cancer/pain and hardship and making an off-handed comment during a glorified dog and pony show is not.

I'm not a TG basher, I recognize what he does, but I lose respect for him as a professional when I read something like this.

Very well said. The incident in question was a year ago which begs the question as to why TG felt the need to run the story again now. If it was worthy of print, run it when it happened and, if he did, why run it again. Tabloid journalism indeed.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be surly too if cancer that I thought was gone had returned. He was entitled to have a bad day. Not going to dump on the guy. We all have bad days but we are not well known public figures. I give him a pass and pray that the cancer is gone. Everyone goes through trials in life. I hope Jim wins his battle and is a better man for it.

This was a year ago. Not after the cancer had returned. It was actually probably after the time that they declared the cancer was gone.

And, I have prayed for Jim Kelly constantly since March. I don't really even pray for people very often. So obviously I'm right there with you regarding his future. Big time. I've posted a ton of times on this and other threads.

• 2 weeks later...

Women just don't understand...

:thumbsup:

Praying for Jim tonight. Tomorrow he finds out whether the treatments worked.

Wow, now I'm nervous. I can't imagine how the Kellys are.......Actually, thinking about it - I can. When I was in high school, my mother had ovarian cancer, was operated on, and then something like 9 months or a year later, they did an exploratory surgery to see if it and the radiation worked. (And, if there is cancer, then opening her was going to make it spread like wildfire). I hope Jim gets the same answer my mom did - she lived another 32 years!

Saw him out Saturday night at a restaurant with three other guys whose backs were to me (so no, I can't confirm or deny it was JBJ!). He looked good and appeared to be having a beer, although my eyes aren't perfect in low light situations! So here's hoping he's getting great news.

Edited by zonabb