Bills Release WR Brandon Kaufman.

So now for TE we're left with a guy who 31 teams didn't offer a contract to, a guy who hasn't played in 2 years and a 7th rounder. TE is an important part of today's NFL and we have nothing

its a shame we dont have an undrafted WR that we cut, was left unsigned until we brought him back in november and was putting on 30 lbs and learning a new position.... now if we still had THAT things would be looking up.

Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So now for TE we're left with a guy who 31 teams didn't offer a contract to, a guy who hasn't played in 2 years and a 7th rounder. TE is an important part of today's NFL and we have nothing

if were in that bad a shape... Did you really think Kaufman was going to be our guiding light or something???

Nothing has changed from this year from last year out of the TE position as as it stands, Chandler played pretty well.

I'd offer up a dumb post about what am I gonna do with his jersey, but I don't even remember his #. Hey, the kid was given a chance to play in the NFL and he did everything the coaches asked of him -including adding a lot of weight. He has something to tell his grandkids one day.

It was #14. Put a patch over it and make it Watkins! :)

its a shame we dont have an undrafted WR that we cut, was left unsigned until we brought him back in november and was putting on 30 lbs and learning a new position.... now if we still had THAT things would be looking up.

The only thing that could make that scenario sweeter would be if we still had the incomparable David Nelson to line up outside of him. Just IMAGINE the possibilities.

Meanwhile, Colt Lyerla signs on with the Packers.

He would look great in red and blue, and I would bet his buddy Kiko could help keep him in check.

The risk is well worth the reward...just like I said about Vontaze Burfict (1st round talent, undrafted brain), and nobody wanted to touch him.

Lyerla hasn't signed with GB, he's getting a tryout at their rookie minicamp.

Kaufman will go to the Panthers or Patriots.

Nope, he'll go to the Jets where he and David Nelson will become the best TE/WR 1 -2 punch in the NFL...then TBD will rue this day! Either that or kick back with Mayhem and enjoy retirement.

If you look at all the teams that make the playoffs they all have productive TE's. I'm not saying Kauffman was the answer but at least let him compete in training camp, he added weight and has been working out with EJ. Chandler is a decent #2, that's slow, has bad hands, can't block well, and at 6'7" isn't a red zone threat. You say the Bills have never had a good TE, might be a reason why we can't make the playoffs.

If you look at all the teams that make the playoffs they all have productive TE's. I'm not saying Kauffman was the answer but at least let him compete in training camp, he added weight and has been working out with EJ. Chandler is a decent #2, that's slow, has bad hands, can't block well, and at 6'7" isn't a red zone threat. You say the Bills have never had a good TE, might be a reason why we can't make the playoffs.

Maybe they already saw enough and the kid was running 5.4 40s with the extra weight and wasn't picking up blocking? You know, just because you and I didn't get to see it, doesn't mean that the brass didnt see plenty enough to make the call.

Maybe they already saw enough and the kid was running 5.4 40s with the extra weight and wasn't picking up blocking? You know, just because you and I didn't get to see it, doesn't mean that the brass didnt see plenty enough to make the call.

Reality says you're likely true. But, it also says we have, well, Scott Chandler as our starting TE and a lot of suspects beyond that.

What is the harm in letting him stay on vs. Joe Blow the camp fodder?

Reality says you're likely true. But, it also says we have, well, Scott Chandler as our starting TE and a lot of suspects beyond that.

I won't say either take is wrong- more so saying that the guys that A) see kaufmann and joe blow daily in person for hours at a time, and B) are paid well to make these decisions decided joe wins out. Heck, joe may end up being a PF they worked out to play TE....

It's not like kaufmann was a high end prospect - he is literally the definition of camp fodder. If they saw something and kept him it'd be cool but they didn't and I won't say they did anything wrong in the move either in this case.

I won't say either take is wrong- more so saying that the guys that A) see kaufmann and joe blow daily in person for hours at a time, and B) are paid well to make these decisions decided joe wins out. Heck, joe may end up being a PF they worked out to play TE....

It's not like kaufmann was a high end prospect - he is literally the definition of camp fodder. If they saw something and kept him it'd be cool but they didn't and I won't say they did anything wrong in the move either in this case.

trust me I get it, I was not arguing just adding to what you're saying

the best part of players like Kaufman are we will get a few come out and say they were disappointed and thought he should stay and be given more reps but in a thread where TJ Graham gets cut or traded they'll be the first to chime in good riddance.

I was going to reply with the first

It's hard to be a wr in the nfl.

But then I read your post. Dude Kaufman is jow blow camp fodder.

trust me I get it, I was not arguing just adding to what you're saying

the best part of players like Kaufman are we will get a few come out and say they were disappointed and thought he should stay and be given more reps but in a thread where TJ Graham gets cut or traded they'll be the first to chime in good riddance.

Being judged by a bunch of internet posters is probably not his best part according to him.

Edited by Clippers of Nfl