5/13/14: Meet The Bills' Rookies

What they're saying: rookies meet the media

Here's what you may have missed from the rookie class' introduction to the media on Tuesday at One Bills Drive.

Brown and Kouandjio Meet the Media <11:22>

Two of the newest Bills, linebacker Preston Brown and offensive tackle Cyrus Kouandjio met with the media on Tuesday afternoon to talk about being drafted by Buffalo.

Ross Cockrell and James Gaines Arrive in Buffalo <9:19>

Bills fourth round draft pick Ross Cockrell and newly signed undrafted free agent James Gaines addressed the media at One Bills Drive.

Great stuff. Thanks.

I love Cyrus.

Sounds very thoughtful and intelligent. Catholic upbringing......talks about how he thinks he went exactly where he was supposed to(God's plan). Also says "Chip on my shoulder? Yea...you could say that". He's going to be a good one.

Sounds very thoughtful and intelligent. Catholic upbringing......talks about how he thinks he went exactly where he was supposed to(God's plan). Also says "Chip on my shoulder? Yea...you could say that". He's going to be a good one.

Let's hope God's plan involves EJ taking a big step forward in his second season. I'd have to defer to some of the posters in the Michael Sam thread who invoked the scriptures and the rapture on this one. Perhaps they have a better idea as to how the plan is supposed to unfold.

Let's hope God's plan involves EJ taking a big step forward in his second season. I'd have to defer to some of the posters in the Michael Sam thread who invoked the scriptures and the rapture on this one. Perhaps they have a better idea as to how the plan is supposed to unfold.

I get cautious optimism. I also get that some posters won't warm to any Bills qb who doesn't fit their picture of what that qb should look like. But this idea that EJ must make huge strides is puzzling. I see it as making little adjustments in mechanics first and foremost his arm position prior to delivery and continuing to learn from each and every snap. Fitz was successful to a point taking what the d gave him and the Bills had marginal success. It was when he was given opportunities requiring arm strength that he was unable to deliver. EJ does not suffer those same limitations. It is the threat of being able to take the top off that keeps defenses honest and allows all the other weapons to be effective.

[Edit]

Edited by 3putt

I get cautious optimism. I also get that some posters won't warm to any Bills qb who doesn't fit their picture of what that qb should look like. But this idea that EJ must make huge strides is puzzling. I see it as making little adjustments in mechanics first and foremost his arm position prior to delivery and continuing to learn from each and every snap. Fitz was successful to a point taking what the d gave him and the Bills had marginal success. It was when he was given opportunities requiring arm strength that he was unable to deliver. EJ does suffer those same limitations. It is the threat of being able to take the top off that keeps defenses honest and allows all the other weapons to be effective.

Thats not bad 3putt

Must every thread turn into a referendum on EJ? Sheesh!!!

not every one

lol..

Just saw them all trapse into Wegmans to food shop. Each one with his own cart. It was kind of funny. I said Welcome to Buffalo guys, and they said thanks. Hokey I know, but cool for me.

Edited by BuffaloBob

I get cautious optimism. I also get that some posters won't warm to any Bills qb who doesn't fit their picture of what that qb should look like. But this idea that EJ must make huge strides is puzzling. I see it as making little adjustments in mechanics first and foremost his arm position prior to delivery and continuing to learn from each and every snap. Fitz was successful to a point taking what the d gave him and the Bills had marginal success. It was when he was given opportunities requiring arm strength that he was unable to deliver. EJ does suffer those same limitations. It is the threat of being able to take the top off that keeps defenses honest and allows all the other weapons to be effective.

EJ does not suffer from arm strength, the guy has a cannon but has horrible accuracy. Fitz had a noodle arm but was good at hitting the quick ten yard slant...not sure what you were watching.

Just saw them all trapse into Wegmans to food shop. Each one with his own cart. It was kind of funny. I said Welcome to Buffalo guys, and they said thanks. Hokey I know, but cool for me.

Cool. Wegmans is probably pretty happy as well.

EJ does not suffer from arm strength, the guy has a cannon but has horrible accuracy. Fitz had a noodle arm but was good at hitting the quick ten yard slant...not sure what you were watching.

Again, I see inconsistency where you see horrible accurracy. He made accurrate throws and some not so accurrate. Consistently making good decisions and throws can be developed. That was precisely the knock on Warner...cannon arm inconsistent accuracy. He learned.

My mechanics point is based on my observation that he doesn't start his throw from the same position everytime or rather nearly enough. It is too elongated. Discipline in keeping the arm higher will help accuracy on the quick read throws. Only time on the job will build enough confidence to rely on it.

He's going to be an instant fan favorite when that video gets around...He's dead serious about it... :thumbsup:

I loved that interview. Cockrell's was pretty decent, too, but Cyrus was tremendous. Sure, it doesn't have much to do with what happens on the field, but the kind of player he is, and what's in his heart does have something to do with success. Both Cyrus and Cockrell are extremely smart guys. He only lost seven games in his life was funny.

Those two interviews should be required viewing. Kujo could be a special player. Brown and Jimmy Gaines were likable sorts but nothing special.

Brown mentioned that he's trying to digest the playbook and mentioned that there are "lots of blitzes" in the scheme. Hopefully this alleviates some of the concern that Schwartz is going to run a vanilla, send 4 guys all the time, defense.

Kouandjio owned that presser....I really liked his confidence and the way he handled himself..."I'm a winner", and that mentality he brings along with the other guys is exactly what this team needs....despite all the "experts" sh*tting all over this Draft, I think it's one of the best the BILLS have had in a long time, and that includes the Bryce Brown trade...it speaks to thinking for not only depth at RB in 2014, but planning for potential losses of either CJ or Fred, or both...love it!