5/13/14: Meet The Bills' Rookies

Brown mentioned that he's trying to digest the playbook and mentioned that there are "lots of blitzes" in the scheme. Hopefully this alleviates some of the concern that Schwartz is going to run a vanilla, send 4 guys all the time, defense.

IMO that concern was ill-conceived to begin with...most coaches in today's NFL run a scheme that fits their personnel. That's what Pettine did here; he came here as a 3-4 guy, and ran mostly 4-3 with some hybrid principles mixed in to take advantage of what his guys could do...I expect Schwartz to do the same.

Kouandjio owned that presser....I really liked his confidence and the way he handled himself..."I'm a winner", and that mentality he brings along with the other guys is exactly what this team needs....despite all the "experts" sh*tting all over this Draft, I think it's one of the best the BILLS have had in a long time, and that includes the Bryce Brown trade...it speaks to thinking for not only depth at RB in 2014, but planning for potential losses of either CJ or Fred, or both...love it!

Every defensive scheme in the nfl has lots of blitzes it's a matter of actually calling them.