Report: Bills attempted to trade up for Carlos Hyde

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny, we take Spiller, a running back at 9 when the team was full of holes. He looks like a semi bust, then has a career year where he looks like the best back in the league.

Enter Nate Hackett. An inexperienced offensive coordinator who has no idea how to use Spiller. For Christ sakes the guy would only give the ball to Spiller out of the read option for the first 4 games. It took him that long to realize that EJ was making the wrong read every time.

With Watkins drawing the attention of defenses, Hackett has no excuse not to make Spiller a much larger part of this offense. If he doesn't it says more about him than it does about Spiller.

If Spiller is gone next season a good team will use him well and he will be a superstar. As of now, Hackett can't hold Chan Gailey's jock.

It's funny, we take Spiller, a running back at 9 when the team was full of holes. He looks like a semi bust, then has a career year where he looks like the best back in the league.

Enter Nate Hackett. An inexperienced offensive coordinator who has no idea how to use Spiller. For Christ sakes the guy would only give the ball to Spiller out of the read option for the first 4 games. It took him that long to realize that EJ was making the wrong read every time.

With Watkins drawing the attention of defenses, Hackett has no excuse not to make Spiller a much larger part of this offense. If he doesn't it says more about him than it does about Spiller.

If Spiller is gone next season a good team will use him well and he will be a superstar. As of now, Hackett can't hold Chan Gailey's jock.

Spiller, not Hackett, was responsible for his regression. Sorry, but you're flat out wrong.

This isn't the first time anyone's mentioned this - and believe me I know there is ZERO PERCENT chance of it happening - but I would love to have the powers that be bring Chan back in a role similar to Dick LeBeau's role in 2004. Jerry Gray still held the title of defensive coordinator but LeBeau was some kind of "defensive consultant". I think our D was first or second ranked in the league that year (part of that was playing an uber-soft schedule but still). Keep Hackett as OC and bring in Chan as a offensive consultant. The worst aspect of Chan as OC was that he was also HC. There was no one to reign in his worst tendencies. He would be a perfect consultant to help run a spread offense and would also be a big help to EJ. Like I said, it won't happen, but it should.

This isn't the first time anyone's mentioned this - and believe me I know there is ZERO PERCENT chance of it happening - but I would love to have the powers that be bring Chan back in a role similar to Dick LeBeau's role in 2004. Jerry Gray still held the title of defensive coordinator but LeBeau was some kind of "defensive consultant". I think our D was first or second ranked in the league that year (part of that was playing an uber-soft schedule but still). Keep Hackett as OC and bring in Chan as a offensive consultant. The worst aspect of Chan as OC was that he was also HC. There was no one to reign in his worst tendencies. He would be a perfect consultant to help run a spread offense and would also be a big help to EJ. Like I said, it won't happen, but it should.

Why? A new OC won't give Spiller the vision he's NEVER had.

Spiller, not Hackett, was responsible for his regression. Sorry, but you're flat out wrong.

kid had a bad ankle sprain and could not cut off it for 2/3 of the season but gutted it out. And we had turn style brown and bronco logout sky at rg and a rt that sucked. Sorry but line, injury and some on new coordinator and new coach, I expect change to dominate this year! Edited by BuffaloBillsMagic1

I dont see what the big deal is....

They are biulding a team with their vision....they want a big back that will embrace running between the tackles......

and they got one anyway

By the way....sometimes its the trades that dont happen you get lucky with as well.......you figure that the trade up for Carlos Hyde would have cost them their 3rd rounder.....which we used on Preston Brown?

Preston Brown looks like a baller

Chan's worst aspect as OC was that he was a lousy play caller.

The dude really had no game sense. Sure, he could draw up an offensive that best suited his time but his situational play-calling was putrid. Need I remind you of that Arizona game where he had Brad Smith throw a pick out of the wildcat?