Retired scouts view on our draft.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

“I just feel that Mel Kiper Jr., knows that the Bills fan base will get upset, and help him gain views on his page. I personally feel the staff in Buffalo did a great job.”

Sounds like this guy knows what he's talking about. :lol:

While I think his attitude of basically "every draft pick is a starter" is a bit much, his commentary is spot on. Look, when all is said and done, Kiper will lick the nut sack of any GM that picks the way he thinks they should pick and punch the nut sack of any GM that diverges significantly. It's his way of thinking that he's smarter than everyone else. Go back to last year and see Kiper's commentary:

Ravens did the best in the draft by picking Matt Elam (FS) and Arthur Brown (LB) as they needed to address the loss of Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. Really? Matt Elam had 54 tackles and 1 INT. Brown had a grand total of 11 tackles and 0.5 sack. Wow. That's just so awesome.

Bengals did will by drafting Tyler Eifert (TE), Giovani Bernard (RB), and Marqus Hunt (DE). Eifert was drafted 22nd and where did Kiper have him rated? 7th. In his 15 games last season, he had 39 receptions for 445 yards and 2 TDs. NOT a first round value at all. Bernard was decent with about 700 yards and 5 TD's on the ground. Hunt had 0.5 sacks and was a backup.

Remember St. Louis and his praise for the Tavon Austin kid that was supposed to be the next DeSean Jackson? See how that turned out.

Now let's look at the Bills. He cited E.J., Kiko Alonso and Marquis Goodwin all as reaches. Manuel and Goodwin were both incompletes due to injury, but we know how Alonso turned out. As it turns out, he turns out once again to be another 2nd round gem selected by the Bills (with Cordy Glenn).

I don't claim to believe 100% that Watkins is going to be a superstar. However, when you go back and look at Austins pre-draft last year, he would project to be the 6th best receiver in this draft. That should tell you something right there.

nice Buddy Nix interview. :nana:

I thought the same thing.LMAO. I tell you what though. It made my day to read something a little different about the Bills draft instead of Blather from the so-called experts.

While I think his attitude of basically "every draft pick is a starter" is a bit much, his commentary is spot on. Look, when all is said and done, Kiper will lick the nut sack of any GM that picks the way he thinks they should pick and punch the nut sack of any GM that diverges significantly. It's his way of thinking that he's smarter than everyone else. Go back to last year and see Kiper's commentary:

Ravens did the best in the draft by picking Matt Elam (FS) and Arthur Brown (LB) as they needed to address the loss of Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. Really? Matt Elam had 54 tackles and 1 INT. Brown had a grand total of 11 tackles and 0.5 sack. Wow. That's just so awesome.

Bengals did will by drafting Tyler Eifert (TE), Giovani Bernard (RB), and Marqus Hunt (DE). Eifert was drafted 22nd and where did Kiper have him rated? 7th. In his 15 games last season, he had 39 receptions for 445 yards and 2 TDs. NOT a first round value at all. Bernard was decent with about 700 yards and 5 TD's on the ground. Hunt had 0.5 sacks and was a backup.

Remember St. Louis and his praise for the Tavon Austin kid that was supposed to be the next DeSean Jackson? See how that turned out.

Now let's look at the Bills. He cited E.J., Kiko Alonso and Marquis Goodwin all as reaches. Manuel and Goodwin were both incompletes due to injury, but we know how Alonso turned out. As it turns out, he turns out once again to be another 2nd round gem selected by the Bills (with Cordy Glenn).

I don't claim to believe 100% that Watkins is going to be a superstar. However, when you go back and look at Austins pre-draft last year, he would project to be the 6th best receiver in this draft. That should tell you something right there.

I agree with this! Especially the nut sack part.

While I like our draft, this looks like a Bills fan (look at the other reviews of our picks by the "author") played the role of "retired NFL scout" to drive visitors to his site. Not buying it.

I agree with his takes on Watkins, Kujo, Cockrell, and Richardson, and likewise know nothing about Randell Johnson. Not buying the stuff about Henderson, but he was a 7th rounder and anything they get out of him (and Johnson) is gravy. As for Brown, I've seen him ranked as high as the 3rd ILB just behind Mosley and Borland, but I like his size and speed over Borland and hope this is another Kiko versus Arthur Brown repeat.