No QB

mannc

I doubt Whaley would roll the dice on Watkins if he didn't think EJ wasn't going be able to get him the ball. You just have to hope Whaley knows more.

Yes, that is obviously the hope. But considering the season that EJ had last year, Whaley has zero margin for error. It's not like he's rolling the dice on a guy who's had a 10 year career without missing a single game. It's silly that you choose to argue this point. But not surprising.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all want good ones. Who exactly do you want? Peyton Manning and Tom Brady? Who exactly is a capable back up if you were picking?

My preference was Vick, but I'd also prefer at least 4 of the QBs picked after the Bills 4th round pick. At least they have the potential to improve. Lewis and Tuel are what they are, they're not going to challange as a starter.

Geno Smith arguably showed as much promise as EJ last year (flame away!) and yet the Jets brought in Vick and drafted Boyd.

And the same with Tampa. They still signed a FA to start.

We have 4 QBs. How many do you want?

Seriously -- it's up in the air if we have a legit starter. Lewis seems like a third stringer. Jeff Tuel is a long ways away. And I don't even know who the fourth guy is. Kolb? Is he even still with us? I think you could find one of these to drop for an Aaron Murray like talent.

Did you guys see what those idiots in New England did? They took a QB in round 2 when they already have a HoF QB and a 3rd round pick invested in his backup. What a backwards organization.

. Judging by Whaley's willingness to trade up, they will get their man one way or the other in 2016 if EJ flops. Like it or not, this appears to be the plan. It is what it is. :beer:

If EJ doesn't pan out, I dobt Whaley is still calling the shots in the 2016 draft.

Did you guys see what those idiots in New England did? They took a QB in round 2 when they already have a HoF QB and a 3rd round pick invested in his backup. What a backwards organization.

Hello.....Tom Brady is 8000 years old. Completely different situation.

Seriously -- it's up in the air if we have a legit starter. Lewis seems like a third stringer. Jeff Tuel is a long ways away. And I don't even know who the fourth guy is. Kolb? Is he even still with us? I think you could find one of these to drop for an Aaron Murray like talent.

Dixon. Dennis Dixon.

The newest pick is truly the apprentice though. Brady is 36 right ?

and Brandon is going to pay him a visit to remember this year. He will get suspended and we will reward him with a new contract.

If EJ doesn't pan out, I dobt Whaley is still calling the shots in the 2016 draft.

That's Whaley's problem, not mine. I chose to just accept what they are currently doing. The alternatives don't appeal to me. As for the 2016 draft, whoever the GM is, they will have their first round pick back and have the opportunity to draft their guy. It is what it is. If you want to worry about that stuff, I won't be joining you. I am ready for the preseason right now.

Not really. They said OBD was 100% behind EJ and they've proved it by not drafting another QB.

And on a personal level, I'm thrilled there won't be 100 idiotic 'why not give Boyd a start' threads.

By this logic, EJ should be the only active QB on the game day roster. They're 100% behind him, right? Shouldn't need a quality backup when you're 100% behind your starter, right?

I think it's amazing that a "run option" QB who really didn't run much still managed to tally up 3 injuries in 1 season plus an offseason surgery. But I guess we still wouldn't want a quality backup considering we're 100% behind EJ.

Reading these threads I realize now the plays I thought EJ Manuel made last season were just a 6-month fevered hallucination. I had no idea every pass he threw was incomplete, except for the interceptions.

You must've missed the countless floaters he threw up. But I guess this is why they targeted Watkins.

Edited by kas23

I believe they may pick up a more veteran QB once one is released, such as Christian Ponder who may need a change of scenery. If EJ goes down with our new "win now" attitude, a rookie 5th through 7th round QB will not be able to step in. Jeff Tuel is not a viable option. Jason Campbell also may be released. However, remember, all our chips are on EJ which they should be when you expend a first round draft pick. EJ will only be entering his 2nd year so we need not panic at the moment but shoudl recognize the need fr a veteran backup in case of injury.