BILLS ROOKIE NUMBERS ANNOUNCED

Sammy Watkins, WR - 14

1st round, 4th pick on 2014. Wore 7 and 2 previously (7x2=14). Born June 14th.

Cyrus Kouandjio, OT - 71

Wore 71 at Alabama.

Preston Brown, LB - 52

Wore 2 at Louisville.

Ross Cockrell, CB - 29

Wore 6 at Duke.

Cyril Richardson, OG - 68

Wore 68 at Baylor.

Randell Johnson, LB - 93

Wore 15 at FIU.

Seantrel Henderson, OT - 66

Wore 77 at Miami.

Bryce Brown, RB (non-rookie) - 35

Wore 34 in Philly, 5 in high school among others.

Randell Johnson

FAU not FIU

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

66 to Henderson.???

HOF'er Billy Shaw wore 66. I don't think it should be re-issued, same goes for 83, 12, 34, and 78. The guys that wore those numbers were Bills for almost their entire careers. 68 (Joe D.) was a Brown for as long as he was a Bill - no offense to Joe, but I'm OK with re-issuing 68.

I hear ya but there are just not enough numbers available to start retiring numerous ones. 12, 34, and 78 are already off limits for the Bills. I don't think a team would be able to go much higher then that.

I think that is one of the reasons the league has let WR's begin to wear numbers in the teens again; there are just too many WR's and TE's in today's game to limit them to just 10 numbers. Same with linemen.

Picked the ugliest possible WR number. Absolutely hate it. Justin Blackmon also went with that ugly thing.

It'll be easy to switch over old Fitz jerseys, I guess. I don't have one, though.

I was going to mention how much it made sense for him to go with 14, though. Born on the 14th day of the month, the 4th pick in the 1st round in 2014... Wore 7 and 2 previously (7x2=14)

We also gave up a 1st and a 4th for him.

No way he sticks with 14. I bet he changes before the season starts. He would look good in 11 or 15 i think. 16, 17, 18 should all be available as well

*edit* I didn't realize it would be too late to change since they already started making jerseys. I thought that rule didn't apply until at least preseason

Edited by kdiggz

66 to Henderson.???

HOF'er Billy Shaw wore 66. I don't think it should be re-issued, same goes for 83, 12, 34, and 78. The guys that wore those numbers were Bills for almost their entire careers. 68 (Joe D.) was a Brown for as long as he was a Bill - no offense to Joe, but I'm OK with re-issuing 68.

Plenty of guys have worn each number since. Just off the top of my head:

66 - Dockery, Allotey, Thomas Welch

68 - Langston Walker, Corbin Lacina, Mike Williams

No way he sticks with 14. I bet he changes before the season starts. He would look good in 11 or 15 i think. 16, 17, 18 should all be available as well

No, he won't change. He'd have to pay a big price to the NFL/Nike if he did.