Kiper gives Bills low marks in draft

Mel Kiper gave the Bills a C- grade for the draft. LOL

It's the traditional time to assign letter grades to teams' draft hauls and this year is no different. ESPN NFL draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr.'s draft grades are postedin.gif and the Buffalo Bills did not fare well.

Kiper gave the Bills a "C-minus," the second-lowest grade of any team. Only the Colts, with a "D-plus" grade, had a worse draft, according to Kiper.

The grade is divided into two parts: "needs" and "value." Kiper gave the Bills a "D-plus" for needs and a "C" for value.

What does mean?? It means the Bills had a great draft and Kiper is a moron. Everybody said Watkins was the best offensive and perhaps player in the draft. But God forbid that the Bills actually trade up and get the "best Player". When the Bills finish 10-6 and Watkins has 1300 yards and 8tds the experts can stuff it.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody went and looked at the past 15 years of mock drafts and ranked how the "experts" did. Kiper was ranked 20 out of 28th. He sucks. He is wrong more often than not and his opinion is just that, his opinion. It really means nothing. The game has really passed him by. He managed to make millions of dollars with mock drafts and draft guides by just getting name out there on ESPN when the draft started to take off. I've never read one of his draft guides. Have to pay for it on ESPN Insider now anyway. Besides, it's really worthless to grade drafts before anyone drafted actually plays in the NFL. My Bills draft grade? B.That's no more or less meaningful than what Kiper or anyone else thinks.

Mel Kiper gave the Bills a C- grade for the draft. LOL

It's the traditional time to assign letter grades to teams' draft hauls and this year is no different. ESPN NFL draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr.'s draft grades are postedin.gif and the Buffalo Bills did not fare well.

Kiper gave the Bills a "C-minus," the second-lowest grade of any team. Only the Colts, with a "D-plus" grade, had a worse draft, according to Kiper.

The grade is divided into two parts: "needs" and "value." Kiper gave the Bills a "D-plus" for needs and a "C" for value.

What does mean?? It means the Bills had a great draft and Kiper is a moron. Everybody said Watkins was the best offensive and perhaps player in the draft. But God forbid that the Bills actually trade up and get the "best Player". When the Bills finish 10-6 and Watkins has 1300 yards and 8tds the experts can stuff it.

The most baffling part of this is the D+ for needs. I'm not sure how anyone who knows anything about this roster could reach that conclusion.

Kiper gave the Seahawks a C- for their 2012 draft as well.

He said this

Russell Wilson is a great test case for shorter QBs, because he has everything else, but did they need him in the third round after grabbing Matt Flynn to come in and likely start?

And the Bleacher Report had this to say about the same draft

As if the day wasn’t bad enough, Seattle selecting Russell Wilson, a QB that doesn’t fit their offense at all, was by far the worst move of the draft.

Gave them a F.

Hopefully the Bills have the same results in 2 years!!

The most baffling part of this is the D+ for needs. I'm not sure how anyone who knows anything about this roster could reach that conclusion.

That assessment is nothing short of laughable. Draft grades that immediately follow the proceedings are certainly interesting, but actually have close to no meaning.

Kiper gave the Seahawks a C- for their 2012 draft as well.

He said this

Russell Wilson is a great test case for shorter QBs, because he has everything else, but did they need him in the third round after grabbing Matt Flynn to come in and likely start?

And the Bleacher Report had this to say about the same draft

As if the day wasn’t bad enough, Seattle selecting Russell Wilson, a QB that doesn’t fit their offense at all, was by far the worst move of the draft.

Gave them a F.

Hopefully the Bills have the same results in 2 years!!

Good find.

Though that Bleacher Report article could have been written by the guy who served your coffee this morning at Tim Horton's.

I do almost believe, though, that they brought in McSham to make Kiper look more legitimate. Has there ever been a person who has advanced so far by being so wrong?

(I think I just got this moved to PPP)

Good find.

Though that Bleacher Report article could have been written by the guy who served your coffee this morning at Tim Horton's.

Bleacher Report has come quite a long way since its inception and they actually have quite a few excellent and very professional writers/analysts in their arsenal. Some of the most succinct and meaningful NFL analysis that I have seen recently has come via Bleacher Report.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I'm a bit concerned about DE, I'll just have to wait & see.

They addressed O-line, LB & CB in the draft. I can't figure out Kiper's grade for need. Those were the areas of biggest need (IMO) and they were addressed. I'm not surprised that they skipped TE. They have signed 4 TE's in the past year. Did he lower the "needs" grade because Watkins wasn't a big need? He ranked Kouandjio #32 so he can't gripe about that pick for need or value. If anyone with insider can fill in the blanks it would be appreciated.