Way too early 53 man roster

QB: Manuel, Lewis, Tuel

RB: FJax, Spiller, Brown, Dixon

FB: Summers

WR: Watkins, Williams, Woods, Goodwin, Graham, Easley

TE: Chandler, Moeaki, Gragg

OL: Glenn, Williams, Richardson, Wood, Urbik, Kuoandijo, Hairston, Henderson, Pears

CB: Gilmore, McKelvin, Robey, Cockrell, Brooks, Graham

S: A. Williams, D. Williams, Searcy, Meeks

DE: Lawson, Hughes, Branch, Mario

DT: K. Williams, Dareus, Charles, Bryant

OLB: Rivers, Kiko, Bradham

MLB: Spikes, Brown

K: Carpenter, Hopkins

P: Moorman

LS:Sanborn

Edited by Kirby Jackson

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QB: Manuel, Lewis, Tuel

RB: FJax, Spiller, Brown, Dixon

FB: Summers

WR: Watkins, Williams, Woods, Goodwin, Graham, Easley

TE: Chandler, Moeaki, Gragg

OL: Glenn, Williams, Richardson, Wood, Urbik, Kuoandijo, Hairston, Henderson, Pears

CB: Gilmore, McKelvin, Robey, Cockrell, Brooks, Graham

S: A. Williams, D. Williams, Searcy, Meeks

DE: Lawson, Hughes, Branch, Mario

DT: K. Williams, Dareus, Charles, Bryant

OLB: Rivers, Kiko, Bradham

MLB: Spikes, Brown

K: Carpenter, Hopkins

P: Moorman

LS: Sanborn

A few thoughts:

- A new punter is certainly needed

- I think that that do keep 2 kickers

- TJ Graham & Marcus Easley may very well make the team (but are at least bubble players)

- Brooks & Bryant are also bubble players that I have on there.

- I am not sure who returns punts but I would be tempted to use CJ to do so with your new RB depth

- Urbik is the back up center in my scenario

Obviously, a lot can change between now and the start of the year but that was my initial list.

Thoughts??

You think we keep 2 kickers? Doubt it. They will have to cut Hopkins loose if they don't think he has what it takes to be a starter this year.

Besides that this looks pretty accurate. We look pretty solid at every position except (hate to say it) QB

That or he doesnt think that's the answer

A guy who can punt a ball 70 yards with 5.6 seconds of hang time is chopped liver?

I half expected this sort of response as if there is a "Tom Brady" of punters out there. All punters are unknown until they make your team. They're punters!

Edited by PromoTheRobot

That or he doesnt think that's the answer

This

Looks about right. I'd expect the biggest mixup is going to be on the OL.

I thought a lot about the OL when doing this. At the end of the day I kept Pears because he can play inside or out and Hairston because he can play both tackle spots at an NFL level. I just think that those guys are better NFL players than Legursky, Welch or Unga (who they apparently like). Not to mention size is clearly important to this group on the OL so there's that too.

I thought a lot about the OL when doing this. At the end of the day I kept Pears because he can play inside or out and Hairston because he can play both tackle spots at an NFL level. I just think that those guys are better NFL players than Legursky, Welch or Unga (who they apparently like). Not to mention size is clearly important to this group on the OL so there's that too.

Are the rooks good enough to start? I expect that this will be Pears last season; will allow him to start and as the year goes on see if Cyrus is ready and put him in when he is...

I just don't see them keeping two kickers. I think they will keep an additional LB they sign as an UDFA.

I agree, we actually have DEPTH on this team now (really strange to say, depth and our team in same sentence!) every roster spot is very valuable.

Its obviously way to early but a few guys i dont think will be on roster is Pears and 1 of the RB's. I can see Whaley and co. swinging another deal with trading Freddy and re-signing CJ. With the Clemson crew now it town, and Freddy age and Bryce on team now who they seem to have coveted even last yr, i dont see us being down making few more tweaks.... If they can swing a deal with Freddy either for a 5th or something next yr(which we need to stockpile with no 1st and now after few trades in this draft adding more mid rounders.. or even a player for player deal (which seems pretty extinct nowadays?!?) with us landing a veteran safety similar to Freddy situation. A team who good depth at safety and can spare trading a vet so they can let younger guy step in.

I think regardless, we must add another safety to mix. Aaron Williams hd breakthrough yr and has cemented himself with big contract to be sure fire starter. Hopefully, between 2 picks last yr in Duke and Meeks, 1 of them shows thru OTA's and camp, they trained hard all offseason and come in ready to step in and start. Searcy is solid depth guy, but not starting material unless its to fill in for couple of weeks due to someone being out.

Sleeper on this team in going to Stephan Charles... I'm Canadian, but live in South Florida but atill keep up to date with CFL, this kid has that "it" factor. In small ammt of playing time last yr, he was visible when he saw field cuz he made a few really nice plays. Alot of DL that are subs, can virtually seem unseen during game cuz they do nothing. Charles made few plays and with full offseason behind him and Dareus may be facing a suspension, he may show in 1st 4 games (which is what i think Dareus may get, hopefully somehow he gets off, or just 2 games) that Charles is a PLAYER in this league and deserves spot in rotation.

Are the rooks good enough to start? I expect that this will be Pears last season; will allow him to start and as the year goes on see if Cyrus is ready and put him in when he is...

I think that both Cyrus AND Richardson start. Cyrus will absolutely start.

Summers gets cut; Dixon can play that role.

Tuel loses out to Dennis Dixon.

Pears is a cap casualty.

T.J. Graham gets dealt for a conditional 6th closer to training camp.

Henderson is PS at best.

Gotta agree. Like to get more for Graham but is what it is.