Time for Hard Knocks 2014 in Buffalo! [update: Atlanta picked]

Oh, and for the record it will be more like Hard Knocks 2014 in Rochester. They show very little footage of the pre-season games (look a shot of Niagara Falls!) - 80% of the action would be at SJF.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know nobody likes the distraction but the Bills have a number of compelling story lines that would make it interesting to see:

1. New ownership in the offing. How does this affect the behavior of coaches and/or the GM?

2. EJ's second year - He's under much more pressure now that the Bills have gone all out giving him weapons.

3. Sammy Watkins - The most interesting rookie outside of Manzel.

4. Whaley - all but predicting a playoff season and went "all in" on the trade for Watkins.

5. Dareus - Under a cloud due to off-field arrest.

6. Wide Out battle - Even with Stevie gone, who gets the slots?

7. Cyrus Kouandjio - Can he overcome injury that dropped him in the draft?

8. Seantrel Henderson - Can he put his demons behind him and live up to his potential?

Yes, Cleveland would certainly be a rating grabber but the NFL just did a movie on that franchise. Seattle would be interesting too given their SB win but the individual story lines are not as interesting as the Bills.

Hey, the draft is now over. Something new to think about!

EdW

please no! nothing but a big distraction

I don't believe that the show is a distraction. If anything, the show is probably a positive. For starters, the show can help expose the Bills to a national audience, which doesn't happen too often. And unlike a primetime game, where the Bills may not add many fans, a lot of people take an interest in the team who participates in Hard Knocks.

Think about it - the show often focuses on the underdog/fringe players because people love rooting for an underdog. And in the same regard, I think people will gravitate towards the Bills, because lets be honest, they've been an underdog for the past 14 years.

Not to mention, out of the previous 8 seasons, the participating team went to the playoffs 4 out of 8 times, and 5 out of 8 times the participating team finished with a record of 9-7 or better.

Hope not.....Prefer the team not have any additional distractions....

Agreed. We do not need distractions. We need our 2nd year coach to bring this team together and come out to the regular season surprising teams!

I am all for hard knocks. It will give me a chance to keep up with the Bills from here in New Orleans. At the same time I will also get to witness Chris Hogan turning in his playbook. I will feel much more comfortable once I see proof of his release. :)

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I am all for hard knocks. It will give me a chance to keep up with the Bills from here in New Orleans. At the same time I will also get to witness Chris Hogan turning in his playbook. I will feel much more comfortable once I see proof of his release. :)

Ha!

I'd expect NYG, Bears or Steelers, but won't be shocked if the Bills end up on it. I'd look forward to watching it, even if it's a little bit of a risk / distraction.

I thought that way too. But after putting my conspiracy theory headset on I figured Mara and Rooney have enough clout to "suggest" to Goodell that they would prefer to be passed over. I think the Bills have a legitimate shot at being picked. If I had to put money on it, I think the Bears would still be the front-runners.

The team has somehow managed to go 6-10 many times over sans the Hard Knocks distractions. I'll totally use a friend's hbo go account and watch.

Yeah. I love the angle many take when suggesting Hard Knocks would be a distraction. Maybe a distraction is what we need. Plus, I'm a firm believer that when the lights go on and the cameras are out, guys will be putting in the extra effort.

Hard Knocks has helped bring "coach wants to see you" and "bring your playbook" into the football lexicon.

I'm on record in all of the Hard Knocks threads :) as being in favor of it for several reasons. I don't really see a downside, considering we haven't been to the playoffs without it, why think it would negatively impact us now? I think it would be a great for the city, team and players who don't tend to get much recognition. Plus the weather at SJF in July and August will be beautiful, obviously people know it is summer but still think WNY has snow 12 months/yr.

Realistically, I see it going to the Bears or Steelers. Huge national fan bases who are usually "in the mix" even if they don't make the playoffs and I think Jay Cutler is married to a reality "star" already.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Not only am I all for it, I say we VOLUNTEER for it.

That way, in a year or two when we are ready to make a serious and deep run, we will NOT be candidates for Hard Knocks because we will have already done it in the past 10 years.

That way, we might earn brownie-points from the league and other eligible owners.

That way, we can remind potential owners, and the country, what a RABID fan-base we have here.

Do it BEFORE the issue of ownership and moving the team, etc., become real national stories.

Get it out of the way now.

Edited by maddenboy

Not only am I all for it, I say we VOLUNTEER for it.

That way, in a year or two when we are ready to make a serious and deep run, we will NOT be candidates for Hard Knocks because we will have already done it in the past 10 years.

That way, we might earn brownie-points from the league and other eligible owners.

That way, we can remind potential owners, and the country, what a RABID fan-base we have here.

Do it BEFORE the issue of ownership and moving the team, etc., become real national stories.

Get it out of the way now.

Interesting take... sounds good to me.

• 3 weeks later...