Time to look at Jermichael Finley

Finley is well worth a look see if he's ever cleared to play again. He suffered a very serious injury and may not play this year at all or will need significant time to recover.

I agree that Moeaki could be a real nice player for us.

Chandler is dependable. Smith is a great blocking TE. Gragg has potential. Caussin is camp fodder.

At 6'-6', Finley would give Manuel a nice big target to throw to.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finley is well worth a look see if he's ever cleared to play again. He suffered a very serious injury and may not play this year at all or will need significant time to recover.

Chandler is dependable. Smith is a great blocking TE. Gragg has potential. Caussin is camp fodder.

You can't fix everything at once- get superior players at all positions at once. The Bills worked on fixing the o-line and WR this year. We are renting linebackers and have two interior lb rookies to go with kino. We have a bunch of strong-in-one-aspect tight ends, with Chandler the best well-rounded guy. He is okay and they stacked a lot of nitch guys and a cheap gamble guy behind him. Expect that we might go with a high round TE in the next couple of years.

I like the thinking, BUT, our trainer is apparently already busy enough with the enormous amount of injured players. And Finley gets injured every year it seems. I think Gragg or Housler (sp) from Arizona in a trade will fill the TE void. Plus, every TE should be open with Watkins and Williams and Woods at WR.

You can say that again,

You can say that agin,

Maybe one more time! :w00t:

Do not sleep on Kaufman. The commitment to put on the weight and work with EJ could put him right in the mix for tight end... especially with his size, speed, soft hands and route awareness. Just hope he can block a bit. I wouldn't dole out alot for Finley. Big question mark.

I might sleep on him if I was you.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Brandon-Kaufman-released/552c9c7b-101b-42fc-904a-f5806f17348a

Bills are already giving Moeaki a shot to revive a injury riddled career along with Chandler being in the fold. So bringing Finley in would create a log jam at the position with two of the three guys being injury riddled.

Edited by billsfan89

Finley can collect $10million in cash if he doesn't chose to play again. I don't know if I'd want a player too dumb to pass that up. He'd be passing up a guaranteed $10m for what? A chance to make $2-3 guaranteed up front and maybe die? He could do great things in a Bills uni, but for his own good I'm hoping the guy uses what little he has rattling around in that dome of his and retires. For his own and his family's sake. People say it's a hard choice, but it isn't, people in the real world make truly hard choices every day. This one is easy, get fabulously wealthy and don't play a game that will cripple you slowly or kill you quick.

Finley can collect $10million in cash if he doesn't chose to play again. I don't know if I'd want a player too dumb to pass that up. He'd be passing up a guaranteed $10m for what? A chance to make $2-3 guaranteed up front and maybe die? He could do great things in a Bills uni, but for his own good I'm hoping the guy uses what little he has rattling around in that dome of his and retires. For his own and his family's sake. People say it's a hard choice, but it isn't, people in the real world make truly hard choices every day. This one is easy, get fabulously wealthy and don't play a game that will cripple you slowly or kill you quick.

Good Point.

I was gonna post that Finley is done, even before knowing about the $10M. After his first concussion last year, he said he'd consider retirement after the year. Then he got lit up again, only twice as bad. Any contract a team would offer him would be incentive-based and have little guaranteed money. Very slim chance he plays in the NFL again.