Time to look at Jermichael Finley

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakland Raiders, Pittsburgh Steelers show interest in Jermichael Finley

The New England Patriots met with free agent tight end Jermichael Finley last week, but the former Pro Bowler has not yet found a home for the 2014 season. Finley, coming off what many considered to be a potentially career-ending neck injury, was recently cleared by the surgeon who performed his operation and is looking to get back on the gridiron.

Very much this ^^^

I can see this ^^^^ too

While all players are one hit away from ending their career, Finley is much closer than most.

well look at Manning for example ? I was in the camp that it was too much to bear for a team if injury recurred. apparently not . Its a business.

next !

horrid what i said . i dont think that way personally at all , but i know when i see it

Edited by 3rdand12

Idk...I think it's borderline irresponsible for an NFL team to sign him. The guy should hang it up.

If he is cleared how is it irresponsible for a team to sign him? Someone will sign him. It is not the teams job to worry about morals and ethics.....that is why doctors are used to clear or not clear players.

His doctor is also the Pittsburgh Steelers doctor and cleared him to play. This is risky due to his Insurance Policy that if he has a career ending injury, he gets $10,000,000 tax free. I didn't read every post on this thread so if already stated I apologize.

His doctor nullifies that insurance policy so he's going have to play in order to continue to make a decent living. He knows this so he probably pushed his doctor to clear him. If no other team doctor clears him, you can bet he'll be catching passes for Big Ben.

I'd love to have our doctors examine him and work him out. One problem. I just checked the Cap Tracker and although an estimate based on contracts, we are ranked 19th with only $7.5 mil left. That is not much given GM's typically keep at least $5 mil on hand given injuries during the season. If they really want him, they'd have to can a couple of guys to do it. Given a couple of lineman after camp will most likely hit the street, we could do it.

What's the harm in trying and make an informed assessment.