Fitz likely to be Texans starter...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they can spell Harvard in Houston.

Heard that the Patriots might be trading Mallett to the Texans. Could happen in light of this:

@tomecurran

Patriots will be going QB. Jimmy Garoppolo from Eastern Illinois.

Brady's last year, then he gets traded.

I think this thread IS of interest. All the people that claimed that Fitz was good enough, and that the Bills should have built around him (provided him with a good OL, better receivers, a good defense) will have their chance to EAT THEIR WORDS as he fails.

Yes, there are still some here that feel he was competent enough...guys that pipe up to defend him...and now they will get their wish.

I like Fitz as a person, but don't believe he will ever lead a team to a Super Bowl.

I think this thread IS of interest. All the people that claimed that Fitz was good enough, and that the Bills should have built around him (provided him with a good OL, better receivers, a good defense) will have their chance to EAT THEIR WORDS as he fails.

Yes, there are still some here that feel he was competent enough...guys that pipe up to defend him...and now they will get their wish.

I like Fitz as a person, but don't believe he will ever lead a team to a Super Bowl.

That's a pretty easy prediction seeing as though he has to lead a team to a winning record and the Playoffs first... ;)

That's a pretty easy prediction seeing as though he has to lead a team to a winning record and the Playoffs first... ;)

I don't claim to be a prophet. The point is, all those people that whined about the Bills getting rid of him, claiming that he was "good enough" to build around, will have their opportunity to see what he can do with an organization that took that path.

Is that too confusing for you? I think my point was clear, but do you have any questions?

Emoticons are lame.

Edited by HoF Watkins

I don't claim to be a prophet. The point is, all those people that whined about the Bills getting rid of him, claiming that he was "good enough" to build around, will have their opportunity to see what he can do with an organization that took that path.

Is that too confusing for you? I think my point was clear, but do you have any questions?

Emoticons are lame.

You're gonna make a lot of friends here...

Lighten up...I was agreeing with you...Have a sense of humor... B-)

The Texans just drafted a guard in the 2nd round of the draft. In other words, they did not address the QB position with their first two picks. This means that they have Fitz and Case Keenum on the roster. Fitz is listed first on the depth chart on the Texans website. It seems likely he will come into the season as the starter. It will at least be a bit interesting to keep an eye on during the season.

good luck with that

Emoticons are lame.

What is up with people these past few days? Have they confused the stadium wall with PPP? I've seen this type of unwarranted snark at least a dozen times.

Good for Fitz. He deserves a chance to start. I don't think it will work out, but at least he gets a chance.

Wait...what? What were the nearly three full seasons as "the man" in Buffalo? Not a chance?

The Texans just drafted a guard in the 2nd round of the draft. In other words, they did not address the QB position with their first two picks. This means that they have Fitz and Case Keenum on the roster. Fitz is listed first on the depth chart on the Texans website. It seems likely he will come into the season as the starter. It will at least be a bit interesting to keep an eye on during the season.

I think the Texans have someone in mind they plan to acquire by trade or FA. Just my opinion, no salesman will call.

I think the Texans have someone in mind they plan to acquire by trade or FA. Just my opinion, no salesman will call.

There's no one better in free agency and I'm not sure how much of a step up any trade bait will be -- we will see.

{unnecessary snark deleted - where are the mods? sheesh}

1) I doubt it (that we'll have the opportunity to see Fitz in a starting role with the Texans). The strategy the Texans took with Schaub was to build awesome defense and a "run first" offense. I think there's no question a QB like Fitz would do better in such a regime, but the fact that the Texans tried to move away from that with Schaub and got rid of him rather than move back to the "run 1st", says to me that they've decided it's good enough to get you into the playoffs, but not good enough to get you all the way.

2) I don't recall anyone whining about the Bills getting rid of Fitz because he was "good enough" to build around as a starter. After 3 years, he had his chance and regressed rather than impressed. Some of us thought it was not the best move to dump Fitz as a backup/mentor in favor of Kolb and TJax. I still think that, actually, just as I think it was dumb to dump tough as nails TJax in favor of "German Word for Made Of Glass" Kolb. I think they wanted to keep Fitz, but tried to low ball him too hard on the contract renegotiation offer with nothing guaranteed and they wound up paying more for less in the backup situation as a result (plus taking the cap hit)

But that's just me.

Edited by Hopeful

still one of my favorite players in the nfl, so happy for him. he's in a great situation too.

I like Fitz for what he is. But, it amazes me that he is going to get a good opportunity to start for a 4th team.

In that case, I look forward to Andre Johnson walking off the field shaking his head after being grossly under thrown. Repeatedly.

You mean the Fitz shanks...when he bounce balls of the turf? 10 yard passes off the turf.