Fitz likely to be Texans starter...

There's no one better in free agency and I'm not sure how much of a step up any trade bait will be -- we will see.

Not now, no, but we'll see after the Turk comes to town. Again, just my opinion. Different teams kind of have MO's on how they get QB, y'know?

Like the Browns, draft late in the 1st round.

The Texans MO has been to look for a guy they deem talented who has been sitting on someone else's bench, and it worked out OK for them with Schaub until last year.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they're shooting for the first pick in next years draft as well?

I like Fitz as a person but if he's your starting QB you're in trouble.

Absolutely! If you read any of the Sabres forums you recognize an honest to good tank job. It's kind of brilliant. Don't waste picks on QB's, finish last and draft Winston! You don't even have to worry about that pesky lottery issue.

Wait...what? What were the nearly three full seasons as "the man" in Buffalo? Not a chance?

Like MOST everyone here, I also liked Fitzy. He continues to amaze me that he keeps finding new gigs, given the 3 seasons he spent as our guy. The book is absolutely out on him. Crowd in to stop the run and fill the short zones, as he can't throw deep and isn't especially accurate at medium deep passes.

The Texans are in heavy negotiations with the Pats. That wouldn't start until the Pats secured Garoppolo. I wonder if they are also negotiating with Washington with Cousins to pit the two teams against each other.

Fitz may start, but probably for not more than a month. A nice guy, but he just can't make all the throws.