WR Stevie Johnson traded to San Francisco 49ers

Yes. James Lofton, Bob Chandler, Jerry Butler, Frank Lewis, Elbert Dubenion, and (gasp) Lee Evans were better receivers.

Quinn Early

Considered by his fans to be the 3rd best receiver in Bills history. I think he does not get more than 600 yards.

If he makes the team.

I doubt very seriously he will pass Boldin and Crabtree on the depth chart.

I can't see Coach Hardball having a lot of patience with dropped passes.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quinn Early

If he makes the team.

I doubt very seriously he will pass Boldin and Crabtree on the depth chart.

I can't see Coach Hardball having a lot of patience with dropped passes.

Where can I see your stand up act? :lol:

It's not just about yards. Evans is laughable.

How old are you? Just curious -- if you're young I'm not picking on you, but I've watched all of those receivers play except Dubenion, and there's no question in my mind they were better than Stevie. You're right -- it's not just about the yards.

Evans earned the respect and fear of DCs. He fell out of favor with Gailey for not changing the way he played when we didn't have a QB who could get him the deep ball.

Yeah, they'll probably cut him before OTA's. Maybe he'll catch on in the CFL.

We'll see. Yall laughed at me when I said SJ wouldn't be on the Bills roster on opening day too.

I'm not saying he WON'T make the team, just that it should not be a foregone conclusion.

Edited by reddogblitz

We'll see. Yall laughed at me when I said SJ wouldn't be on the Bills roster on opening day too.

I'm not saying he WON'T make the team, just that it should not be a foregone conclusion.

I can't believe you actually think there's a chance he doesn't make the team...

He does have the advantage of being traded for, but lets not forget this- he wasn't wanted by a team that is absolutely laughable. Now he's on the roster of a superbowl contender. He has an excellent shot to be on the team, but don't discount the notion that he doesn't.

Stevie will follow Lynch's lead and be the next Bills's cast-off to win a Superbowl. He probably won't top 50 catches there, but he has a great shot at playing for a ring.

The 49ers are the most talented team in the NFL. I know the oddsmakers will put Seattle & Denver ahead of them, but they'll be better than both this year.

He does have the advantage of being traded for, but lets not forget this- he wasn't wanted by a team that is absolutely laughable. Now he's on the roster of a superbowl contender. He has an excellent shot to be on the team, but don't discount the notion that he doesn't.

So is Blaine Gabbert, but that doesn't increase his value to the Jags at this point. Players are more valuable to certain teams than others for a variety of factors.

That says more about the team that is laughable, don't you think?

Pretty sad when SJ13 is considered the third-best receiver in Franchise history. Lets hope Woods and Watkins make something happen early and often.

its really not that sad at all .

He played hard for the team. Even though Bills sucked .

I would like to have seen him get an opportunity , but as i may have mentioned . I think he wanted to go , at least asmuch as the team wanted to move on from the olde regime

Besides this statement , i respected you Adam/

I am very interested to see how he does with the 49'ers. I hope he does just well enough to make the pick a 3rd rounder.

even though he does will meet the metrics next year , Bryce Brown will too.

a wash

Edited by 3rdand12

I didn't get the specs on the Bryce Brown trade, but do the Eagles get the 49'ers' pick?

It's complicated. As I understand it, the pick to Phil will ultimately be the Bills 4th rounder in 2015 or the Bills 3rd rounder in 2016. It is dependent upon,first, production threshholds met by Stevie in SF... if he meets those, then it will depend on BB's production threshholds in Bflo.