Trading SJ13 will not happen because...

The Bills gave up a 1st and 4th in next years draft to get Sammy Watkins. They thought enough of this kid to give up that much! I believe the Bills think this kid is that much of a game changer that he is the final piece of the offensive puzzle to compete with teams like New England and Denver.

Mike Mayock even went on record saying: "If you can't stop them...outscore them" (a credit to the draftee, but also an obvious jab at our defense w/o Byrd). Trading Stevie Johnson would absolutely defeat the purpose of this trade and subsequent pick. Watkins was added also due to the fact that Stevie was essentially the only credible WR the team had. He faced double teams far too often.

I never really thought Stevie was as good as he or a lot of fans thought he was, but he is valuable and to me, trading him offsets everything the Bills just did. I think Stevie stays, but it'll be quite intriguing to see who Marrone lists as the "#1 receiver...

The reason you trade him is because of Mike Williams, as well as having Robert Woods. The combination of four players like Watkins, MWilliams, Woods and Goodwin all serve specific purposes. Stevie and Williams, to me, are redundant. They're both low end #1 or high end #2 WRs, and they both have huge contracts next year. There is no way we are keeping them both, and we need to develop both Woods and Goodwin, who are both very talented.

The reason you trade him is because of Mike Williams, as well as having Robert Woods. The combination of four players like Watkins, MWilliams, Woods and Goodwin all serve specific purposes. Stevie and Williams, to me, are redundant. They're both low end #1 or high end #2 WRs, and they both have huge contracts next year. There is no way we are keeping them both, and we need to develop both Woods and Goodwin, who are both very talented.

Remember last year when we lost Stevie Woods, Graham and Goodwin for extended periods of time?

Depth isn't a bad thing

Two reasons you trade him:

1) Williams and Woods are both outstanding #2's. Lets not forget Goodwin as our pure speed guy as well

2) his contract.

Stevie is gone if not this year then next, but I am almost betting its this weekend during the draft.

I agree. Completely.

I think Stevie is here for this year unless they get a great offer. The end of the year, they'll decide between MW and Stevie. If they get rid of him now, and MW goes off the rails, Goodwin is starting and not sure they want that (yet).

We've got the cap so screw it, keep him, he's earned it and allows for versatility with the gameplans as well (start Watkins, Woods, Williams one week and Watkins, Woods, Johnson another).

Touche, @Mr Weo LMAO.. Agreed with @Bladiebla, we got the cap room, and we don't know if MW will contibute or become a complete tire fire like he's notorious for being. And think about something else, what have the Bills been snakebitten with more than any other team during this 14 year drought?...INJURIES! We as fans scream and holler about the team never having enough depth. WE NOW HAVE IT...at least at WR, anyway! Why screw that up?!

Touche, @Mr Weo LMAO.. Agreed with @Bladiebla, we got the cap room, and we don't know if MW will contibute or become a complete tire fire like he's notorious for being. And think about something else, what have the Bills been snakebitten with more than any other team during this 14 year drought?...INJURIES! We as fans scream and holler about the team never having enough depth. WE NOW HAVE IT...at least at WR, anyway! Why screw that up?!

Dude that 5th round pick would be awesome

The Bills gave up a 1st and 4th in next years draft to get Sammy Watkins. They thought enough of this kid to give up that much! I believe the Bills think this kid is that much of a game changer that he is the final piece of the offensive puzzle to compete with teams like New England and Denver.

Mike Mayock even went on record saying: "If you can't stop them...outscore them" (a credit to the draftee, but also an obvious jab at our defense w/o Byrd). Trading Stevie Johnson would absolutely defeat the purpose of this trade and subsequent pick. Watkins was added also due to the fact that Stevie was essentially the only credible WR the team had. He faced double teams far too often.

I never really thought Stevie was as good as he or a lot of fans thought he was, but he is valuable and to me, trading him offsets everything the Bills just did. I think Stevie stays, but it'll be quite intriguing to see who Marrone lists as the "#1 receiver...

Oops.

I think Stevie is here for this year unless they get a great offer. The end of the year, they'll decide between MW and Stevie. If they get rid of him now, and MW goes off the rails, Goodwin is starting and not sure they want that (yet).

This ^^^^^

It gives us flexibility with M Williams. I dont think its safe to pencil him in as a certainty yet.