What does this mean for Chris Hogan?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I guess I will be the one guy to turn it around and say something nice.

I really think the guy has a chance to add something as a hyrbid WR/TE type deal that we wanted Dickerson to be; maybe. Maybe.

He plays with heart, shows effort and seems to be what you want in a team player. Lets hope he can play football in 2014.

Chris Hogan was nicknamed "7-11" because he was, apparently, always open.

Except on Sundays.

He stinks and was never a threat. It was a mistake (and I thought/posted this when it happened) to keep a guy like Hogan over Rogers. When you are deciding between your #6 and #7 WR, you don't keep a possession guy. You risk the guy with talent to be a star, on the (relatively) small chance that it comes to fruition, as long as your team isnt full of guys like that.

Cutting Da'Rick was a huge mistake, IMO.

Who ever wins with guys like Chris Hogan? He's had 2-3 years to show his stuff.

You win with a couple stars. The only star player we have is Mario. Byrd was the second. Kiko has a chance, Gilmore, CJ... they are very good players but they are not stars.

Watkins has a very good chance to be a "star player," and that, to me, is more important than the chance at two "very good players" in the first round even if they both hit. First rounders for any team is a 50-50 chance. In any draft there are only 3-4 potential star players. I don't even think there is one star LT in the entire league even though it is an essential position.

We took a chance, it's a risk, sure. But you can only go so far in any sport, and win the championship, without a couple stars. It doesn't even matter what position they play.

I'm excited.

The one thing that we should keep in mind though is... as a rookie, AJ Green was amazing if not unstoppable. As a rookie, Julio Jones, was hurt and erratic and showed flashes, like most NFL rookie WRs. A year later, Julio is a stud.

I'm liking our chances, however, with Watkins, Mike Williams, Woods, and Goodwin. That's a young, but dangerous, foursome.

Im trying to look on the bright side...forget Hogan, a never will be, Im more excited that TJ will get to explore his true talent as a sandwich artist at Subway.

Now that's funny. Hopefully this is the year we cut stone hands, I mean TJ. So if we don't trade SJ, we have Sammy Watkins, SJ, RW, and Mike Williams. Nice change for this team to actually have a WR core. So who will be #5 and 6?

They'll have to be guys who are also good at ST. So does Easley stay because he is a gunner for us?