Go on record. Who do you want?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CJ and his relationship with his sore leg is legendary. Hell look at it, talk to it, and then wave to the sidelines for Fred. I like CJ and I'm rooting for the guy to be the man-- but he's got to forget about it and RUN!

Spiller never was, was never intended to be, and probably never will be "the man". He is a situational skatback that makes some electrifying runs, but the majority for little or no gain.

I would love to have a beer or 5 with Gailey and/or Nix and find out what their thought process was with that pick. I'm sure they had a plan, but I can't fathom what it was.

I want Watkins or Evans. But unless the Bills trade up I fear they will be gone by #9. If Manuel has any chance of succeeding, he will need a stud to throw to.

Clowney looks like fools gold. I wonder if he is the type that can ignore the pain and play hard. Or does he let game pain ruin his day (like CJ)

I think you saw guy in Clowney who wanted to turn pro last year, know that he was going to to top 3 no matter what and did not want to risk an injury. To me i can understand that, he wants to get paid. Clowney witnessed his friend and team mate Lattimore go from a first rounder to a fourth(i believe?).

I think you saw guy in Clowney who wanted to turn pro last year, know that he was going to to top 3 no matter what and did not want to risk an injury. To me i can understand that, he wants to get paid. Clowney witnessed his friend and team mate Lattimore go from a first rounder to a fourth(i believe?).

This is a point that hasn't been really discussed. Lattimore's injury had a lasting impact on Clowney- and how couldn't it? I you're young, impressionable and anticipating being in the NFL- and you seen what happened with Lattimore- of course you're going to take the foot off the gas, so-to-speak. Most of the whispers about his work ethic are coming from angst-ridden South Carolina people who feel he "betrayed" them in some way by not going all-out (from their standpoint).

This is a point that hasn't been really discussed. Lattimore's injury had a lasting impact on Clowney- and how couldn't it? I you're young, impressionable and anticipating being in the NFL- and you seen what happened with Lattimore- of course you're going to take the foot off the gas, so-to-speak. Most of the whispers about his work ethic are coming from angst-ridden South Carolina people who feel he "betrayed" them in some way by not going all-out (from their standpoint).

I agree. It will be interesting to see what kind of player emerges in the fall.

I'll say it again...

Mike Evans (round 1) and Austin Seferian-Jenkins (round 2)...or...Eric Ebron (round 1) and Kelvin Benjamin (round 2).

Get me one of those duo's and do whatever else you want to...as long as I get one of those duo sets of giant targets for EJ Manuel.

I'll say it again...

Mike Evans (round 1) and Austin Seferian-Jenkins (round 2)...or...Eric Ebron (round 1) and Kelvin Benjamin (round 2).

Get me one of those duo's and do whatever else you want to...as long as I get one of those duo sets of giant targets for EJ Manuel.

I would like either of those 1-2 punches

It is totally unpredictable, but here are my best and worst case scenarios.

Worst case scenario: The Bills trade up by giving up their 1st round picks in 2014 and 2015 plus another 2nd rounder for the opportunity to draft Clowney or anybody else frankly. Why it's the worst? The Bills are not one player away from contending. The trade gives away 3 potential starters for the opportunity to get one. I don't like the probabilities for long term success. I fear this is a definite possibility because I have no faith in the Bills making the smart move.

Best case scenario: The Bills trade down and pick up an extra 2nd round pick as a premium for trading 1st round picks this year. They draft Zack Martin OT from Notre Dame (or somebody else highly rated like a top CB) in the middle of the 1st round. Now I think this scenario is very unlikely, but I hope for it.

The scenario which won't surprise me: The Bills stay at #9 and draft a reach player who most people think is a late 1st rounder. Probably a safety if history is any guide.

Is there any scenario where it would both be possible/advantageous and fans would root for a trade down that gets us a second 2015 first rounder?

I'm personally all for staying at 9, a slight trade up or a slight slight trade down depending on board. Personally wouldn't want to trade down to 23 for example.

Johnny Football... no question about it. I'd trade-up to get him, but if he falls into their lap at 9 take him.

That might make Jerry Jones' head explode....which would make it all worth it.