Pick the Bills #1 Pick

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why on earth would you want them to or think they would take Mosley after signing Spikes this offseason

Not sure Spikes is a long term answer

- Mosley plays run and pass well

- Good instincts

- can never have too many good LB's

- hopefully pick up more picks, take receiver in late first early second

Dream scenario- Johnny Manziel. I just think he's way better than EJ. Manziel, Clowney, Mack, Watkins, robinson are my top 5 for our bills.

Worst case scenario- bills trade up while giving up next years 1st + other picks and draft a tackle

Picks @9 I can see happening, that will make me cringe and smash things: Bills draft Kony Ealy, Zach Martin, Cyrus Koundijo, any DB, Odell Beckham

My prediction: Zach Martin #9

I probably won't smash things if we take Martin. I understand how he fills a need and think he will be a good football player for us. I just don't think he's worth #9 overall. I'd be happy with 9 players in this draft @9. Manziel, Clowney, Mack, Watkins, Evans, Robinson, Matthews, Lewan and Ebron. If Cj Mosely is the pick, I'm ok with that too I suppose. I really like his game. Hopefully we can land one of the top 9 though.

Edit- forgot about Aaron Donald. Considering Dareus' drug issues and the money he's going to want in the future, I could see us adding Donald. Kyle Williams isn't getting any younger either. I'd be ok with his selection too.

Edited by NewEra

Bills trade-up with St. Louis and with the second selection in the 2014 NFL Draft select:

Johnny Manzeil, Quarterback Texas A&M

Huge upside, also give Bills insurance if EJ Manuel doesn't progress or remains injury prone. You need a back up plan at this position or we will continue our 15 year rebuilding plan.

Bills trade-up with St. Louis and with the second selection in the 2014 NFL Draft select:

Johnny Manzeil, Quarterback Texas A&M

Huge upside, also give Bills insurance if EJ Manuel doesn't progress or remains injury prone. You need a back up plan at this position or we will continue our 15 year rebuilding plan.

Sorry, but I would bet the Farm and all it's cattle that this DOES NOT happen. For better or worse this team is all in this year on EJ. If they take a QB it's in round 3 - 7.

BigPappy

This is the ultimate "I told you so" thread.

True... :thumbsup:

I really find it hard to believe that 4 hours before the Draft we still have Bills fans...real Bills fans...predicting a QB pick in Round #1...

It's one thing to voice your opinion that the Bills should take a QB knowing they won't...It's a completely different thing to avoid reality in such a stubborn manner...The only possible reason is setting up an "I told you so..."

I just find it mind boggling... :huh:

I'll just give all my picks, because I think it's kind of silly when fans create their own threads for mocks.

Disclaimer: This is not what I want to happen, but what I think will happen.

1) Eric Ebron, UNC, TE - The Bills aren't drafting a RT in the top 10. Heck, the Bills won't even draft a LT in the 1st round. Whaley said the best college game he'd seen all year was UNC/Miami where Ebron ran wild to the tune of 199 yds. He was one of the first players they brought in to visit OBD in April. I'm personally not a big fan of this pick.

2) Dee Ford, Auburn, DE - An absolute perfect fit into Schwartz's D as an undersized end.

3) Jeremy Hill, LSU, RB - If I had to bet on one thing happening this draft, it's that the BIlls will draft a RB in either the 2nd or 3rd round. They brought in 6 to look at (Hill was an early visit), and even made a play for C. Johnson. Hill may not last this long - or they may possibly take C. Hyde in the 2nd. This pick won't be a hit with the FredEx fanbase.

4) Jack Mewhort, OSU, OT - He has the versatility that this front office seems to be enamored with. Might be a stretch for him to last this long.

5) Ross Cockrell, Duke, CB - The Bills love 6-foot+ corners and this guy is a special teams ace to boot. Another one of the first players they brought in to visit OBD.

7) Charles Siddoway, Miss St, OT - This pick would never happen in a million years under Chan Gailey. Marrone has proved that with D.Rodgers, B.Spikes, and M.Williams, that he's not afraid to take a guy with character issues. Even with a pending trial, Siddoway is 3-4th round talent and probably won't go undrafted. He visited in early April.

UDFA) Jordan Love, Towson, CB - Reportedly turned a lot of heads at his pro day, where there were 3 Bills reps present to assess both him and RB Terrence West.

3) Jeremy Hill, LSU, RB - If I had to bet on one thing happening this draft, it's that the BIlls will draft a RB in either the 2nd or 3rd round. They brought in 6 to look at (Hill was an early visit), and even made a play for C. Johnson. Hill may not last this long - or they may possibly take C. Hyde in the 2nd. This pick won't be a hit with the FredEx fanbase.

Whoever we take, Fred will beat him out like he did the last 2 high round draft picks selected to take his place. ie. Beast Mode and CJ.

Sammy Watkins, and they will give away next years first round pick to trade up. I truly hope that I am wrong. A trade up is the next to last thing I want to happen in round 1.

Nice call Bill... :thumbsup: