[closed]Expect Bills to seek to trade up for WR/trade WR.

NFL Network (I. Rappaport) and others are reporting just recently that the Bills are seriously seeking to trade up to #3 overall, which is where they feel they need to be to select WR Watkins because they believe that he has the size and explosive playmaking ability to make them a playoff team in 2014.

Their plan is to not give up the farm to make such a trade up, however, so whether that trade actually occurs is anyone's guess. Keep in mind that Detroit is hoping to be able to do the same.

If Watkins is able to be obtained in the abovementioned scenario then it becomes very likely that the Bills would attempt to trade WR S. Johnson for a late R1 pick in the 2014 draft (or whatever they can get).

The Bills would essentially be swapping Johnson for Watkins. They feel there is a great need for a big receiver who is technically "always open". They appear to be sick and tired of Johnson's antics. Adding Watkins would give the Bills this receiving group: Watkins/M. Williams/Woods/Goodwin/Graham plus Easley/Barden/Hogan/Kaufman.

Whether you like to hear about this stuff or not it's currently in the works. If nothing else, it gives you a lot of insight as to what the Bills view as their top priority in this draft. They would obviously prefer to acquire a playmaker at WR than at TE or using their R1 pick on an OT.

It's all designed to help Manuel realize his potential.

My guess is if the Bills are able to pull this off to acquire Watkins then they will select an OT with the next pick that they have available.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

oh good...a new topic not discussed in like 5 other threads.

In all fairness the OP says it was a new update that just came out

I'd be a bit more accommodating if this same poster didn't have at least 2 other trade-up threads already.

NFL Network (I. Rappaport) and others are reporting just recently that the Bills are seriously seeking to trade up to #3 overall, which is where they feel they need to be to select WR Watkins because they believe that he has the size and explosive playmaking ability to make them a playoff team in 2014.

Their plan is to not give up the farm to make such a trade up, however, so whether that trade actually occurs is anyone's guess. Keep in mind that Detroit is hoping to be able to do the same.

If Watkins is able to be obtained in the abovementioned scenario then it becomes very likely that the Bills would attempt to trade WR S. Johnson for a late R1 pick in the 2014 draft (or whatever they can get).

The Bills would essentially be swapping Johnson for Watkins. They feel there is a great need for a big receiver who is technically "always open". They appear to be sick and tired of Johnson's antics. Adding Watkins would give the Bills this receiving group: Watkins/M. Williams/Woods/Goodwin/Graham plus Easley/Barden/Hogan/Kaufman.

Whether you like to hear about this stuff or not it's currently in the works. If nothing else, it gives you a lot of insight as to what the Bills view as their top priority in this draft. They would obviously prefer to acquire a playmaker at WR than at TE or using their R1 pick on an OT.

My guess is if the Bills are able to pull this off to acquire Watkins then they will select an OT with the next pick that they have available.

Interesting stuff. Thanks for posting. I am not surprised about Stevie, but they're not going to get a #1 for him.

In all fairness the OP says it was a new update that just came out

There will be lots of rumored scenarios between now and 8:00 PM tomorrow. Should we have a new thread for every one that's tied to the Bills? :sick:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

oh good...a new topic not discussed in like 5 other threads.

I'd be a bit more accommodating if this same poster didn't have at least 2 other trade-up threads already.

Here's a novel idea...how about you just ignore the thread if you don't like it. What a crybaby.

I wouldn't mind the OPs scenario in the least! I believe Watkins will be a much more productive player than Steve Johnson currently is. Tomorrow will be very interesting.

Here's a novel idea...how about you just ignore the thread if you don't like it. What a crybaby.

I wouldn't mind the OPs scenario in the least! I believe Watkins will be a much more productive player than Steve Johnson currently is. Tomorrow will be very interesting.

Agreed. I'd be fine with seeing it happening assuming the Bills have a very high grade on him. I gather that most of the league does.

They are not trading up. Ebron or Taylor Lewan at #9

I hear ya. But consider this. Being "all in" with Manuel is going to be a defining moment for Whaley and Marrone. So ask yourself, does Ebron or Lewan give Manuel enough help to make him succeed this season? Both would help, but not nearly as much, in my opinion, as a stud WR. Right now the Bills have no #1 WR and my belief is that Whaley and Marrone recognize that they need one, and that 2 are available.

Did Rapaport say all of this including the stuff about them being fed up with Stevie's antics?

Another trade up thread? :doh: If the NFL pushes the draft back another two weeks next year, I'm going to lose my :censored: mind.

I don't buy the "the draft is pushed back, so now theres more speculation" argument on TBD. Pretty sure if the draft was two weeks ago, we would have just heard this rumor 2.5 weeks ago...

I would be very happy with it. But no team in their right mind trades for SJ with his current contract.

his contract the next two years is extremely club friendly..but no way in hell is anyone going to give a first for Stevie..3rd if some GM has been driving all night with Darius, 5th more likely