[closed]Marcell Dareus Arrested

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10893571/marcell-dareus-buffalo-bills-arrested-drug-charges

"...She says he was arrested on charges of possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia. She did not have an attorney for him listed or a court date.

Sheriff Joe Jacks also confirmed to WVUA-TV that Dareus was arrested. Dareus originally was stopped for speeding, and the controlled substance charge is a felony, according to the Tuscaloosa News..."

If he was w/Mary Jane, why was he speeding? Shouldn't he have been going too slow? :mellow:

Do players in Washington and Colorado get to smoke weed? I understand MD was in Alabama... And laws are laws.

Stuff like this doesn't even surprise me any more. Is first offense a two or four game suspension?

If it's his first offense, he enters stage 1, which is no suspension. First strike the player always gets entered into stage 1 of the drug program. If they get it again, then it's a 4 game suspension.

Just opted for his final year of his contract. This may change our draft philosophy now.

May increase probability of selecting Aaron Donald in round 1. Losing Dareus will be a major blow to the one strength of this team.

If I understand it right, this is a felony charge - much different than a minor marijuana possession charge. I wouldn't count on having Dareus this year or in the future.

Edited by OldTimer1960

May increase probability of selecting Aaron Donald in round 1. Losing Dareus will be a major blow to the one strength of this team.

If I understand it right, this is a felony charge - much different than a minor marijuana possession charge. I wouldn't count on having Dareus this year or in the future.

That's not true at all. Every State is different and in the deep red South some States weed possession is a felony. In Alabama its a misdemeanor, my bad. But whats not true at all is not having Dareus this year or in the future

Edited by Sherrif John Brown

That's not true at all. Every State is different and in the deep red South some States weed possession is a felony. In Alabama its a misdemeanor, my bad. But whats not true at all is not having Dareus this year or in the future

I am not a legal expert, so I don't know, but the report above and on Profootballtalk both said the arrest was on a felony charge related to drugs. If convicted of a felony, it usually means prison time (I think). Now, maybe good lawyers can get the charges reduced or dismissed, but if not, I think Dareus could be in a heap of trouble.

I am not a legal expert, so I don't know, but the report above and on Profootballtalk both said the arrest was on a felony charge related to drugs. If convicted of a felony, it usually means prison time (I think). Now, maybe good lawyers can get the charges reduced or dismissed, but if not, I think Dareus could be in a heap of trouble.

My equally non-expert take is that Alabama went off the deep end to quickly address synthetic marijuana. It sounds like his felony is simple possession of synthetics- not a large volume or distribution or repeat offender or any other escalator. If that's the case, I'm guessing that even a bad lawyer would likely be able to plea down to some sort of basic "don't ruin my life" misdemeanor possession charge. I'm neither a user nor from Alabama but I do hear little bit and pieces of the conversation about these synthetics laws living in the Deep South.

See, this is what happens when you are habitually late for meetings.

You tend to speed to make up for it, only if he learned during the last few games of the season.

Sat for a quarter, sat for a game, now he will sit for a year or two if convicted.

Hopefully this is all a giant misunderstanding and a "friend" was in the car and owns up to the possession.

Biggest problem is that he keeps getting more strikes than a Bisons' Pitcher!!

This is the first thing I thought when reading the story in the morning paper (yes, I still get it delivered)

http://espn.go.com/n...ed-drug-charges

"...She says he was arrested on charges of possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia. She did not have an attorney for him listed or a court date.

Sheriff Joe Jacks also confirmed to WVUA-TV that Dareus was arrested. Dareus originally was stopped for speeding, and the controlled substance charge is a felony, according to the Tuscaloosa News..."

If he was w/Mary Jane, why was he speeding? Shouldn't he have been going too slow? :mellow:

Do players in Washington and Colorado get to smoke weed? I understand MD was in Alabama... And laws are laws.

A wise man once told me- if you are already breaking the law don't break the law.

Stories like this always amaze me. Why speed when you know you have drugs in the car?

Not condoning drugs or speeding for that matter, but you just increase your chances of bad things happening.

Hopefully Marcell gets a slap on the wrist and is embarrassed by this and kicks some butt this year.