Drastically over valued players in this years draft -

The people on my list:

1. Blake Bortles - I think the Gabbert comparisons are a bit harsh as Bortles is better under pressure. I do still not believe he is a Franchise QB though.

2. Derek Carr - Yes, another QB. The system they ran and all of his dink/dunk passes make me leery of the guy as an NFL QB.

3. Kelvin Benjamin - He is the WR who benefitted most from QB play IMO. He's also huge and can just pretty much out-jump everyone he faced. Not gonna happen in the NFL.

4. Eric Ebron - He ain't no Vernon Davis, but he is better than the last TE everyone was clamoring for(Brandon Pettigrew).

5. Anthony Barr - One trick pony. Uses his speed to beat college players. He's going to have to pull more from his bag of tricks than that in the NFL.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This might be true...but Mike Evans has the look and feel of Stephan Hill. Just ask the Jets how that worked out. Hill didn't even have the numbers to back him, just the physical intangibles. I think Evans has the same intangibles and was played up by Johnnie extending plays.

How many times have you heard an announcer at an NFL game say something like "his QB's in trouble and he's not helping him out" or "he doesn't fight for the ball" or "he doesn't use his height to his advantage"?

How many times have you heard that about Evans?

:huh: Tell that to the Duke defense that he torched in the Bowl game without Evans making any big plays. Johnny Football brought them back, almost single handedly, from a 38-14 halftime deficit for a crazy 52-48 win. They both complimented each other on the field, but both are surely talented enough to make it in the NFL and worthy of Top 10 1st Round selections.

Yeah, that powerhouse of football Duke. Is there one player from their D being talked about being drafted?

The people on my list:

1. Blake Bortles - I think the Gabbert comparisons are a bit harsh as Bortles is better under pressure. I do still not believe he is a Franchise QB though.

2. Derek Carr - Yes, another QB. The system they ran and all of his dink/dunk passes make me leery of the guy as an NFL QB.

3. Kelvin Benjamin - He is the WR who benefitted most from QB play IMO. He's also huge and can just pretty much out-jump everyone he faced. Not gonna happen in the NFL.

4. Eric Ebron - He ain't no Vernon Davis, but he is better than the last TE everyone was clamoring for(Brandon Pettigrew).

5. Anthony Barr - One trick pony. Uses his speed to beat college players. He's going to have to pull more from his bag of tricks than that in the NFL.

I agree with pretty much all this.

How many times have you heard an announcer at an NFL game say something like "his QB's in trouble and he's not helping him out" or "he doesn't fight for the ball" or "he doesn't use his height to his advantage"?

Exactly. I have seen Evans in a ton of games because I liked watching Johnny Football. He is nothing at all like Stephen Hill, and always fighting for the ball and making spectacular plays all over the field. I think he will be an excellent pro and obviously would love for the Bills to get him.

I agree! The guy is 6-5, has some of the longest arms in the draft (something around 35-36"), and has a 37-38" vertical. He is a 20 year old monster potential. If you always compare guys to players who are bust, and shy away, you will miss the big potential guys.

This might be true...but Mike Evans has the look and feel of Stephan Hill. Just ask the Jets how that worked out. Hill didn't even have the numbers to back him, just the physical intangibles. I think Evans has the same intangibles and was played up by Johnnie extending plays.

You seriously have got to be kidding with that comparison... :lol:

And please don't tell me you've watched both a lot and come away with that feeling because it's literally impossible...I have watched them both a TON...And Hill can't hold Evans jock...On hands alone Evans is leaps and bounds better than Hill...If you want a comparison for Evans it's Alshon Jeffery or Brandon Marshall... B-)

Mod's- is there any way to track this? I bet he is wrong with 80% of these

BOOM!!!!

I read the opening paragraph and I'm thinking…….wrong….wrong….wrong….wrong. I think it's always possible a player like Barr is overvalued as everyone is fast in the NFL, but if he's a risk, so is K. Mack. I tried NOT to like Evans, but jeez, just watch him play. I'm putting the troll watch out there.

You seriously have got to be kidding with that comparison... :lol:

And please don't tell me you've watched both a lot and come away with that feeling because it's literally impossible...I have watched them both a TON...And Hill can't hold Evans jock...On hands alone Evans is leaps and bounds better than Hill...If you want a comparison for Evans it's Alshon Jeffery or Brandon Marshall... B-)

Great comparisons.

Couldn't disagree more. Evans played in the SEC, which produces the best cbs in the country, and dominated for 2 years. Hill basically ran go routes in the ACC. Two completely different players.

And two top 10 LTs in a system which let Case Keenum became the leading passer in college football history. Very few college QBs have gotten the chance to play with 2 top 10 pick OTs and a 6'5" top 10 pick wr.

Also, disagree on Ebron. He might not be top 10 worthy but he's a good football players. Very little talent on their offense, their go to guy, and broke Vernon Davis' record.

My guys are Taylor Lewan and Blake Bortles. Lewan is a fake tough guy who wasn't great at all this year. He takes bad penalties and is a RT at best. And I never got the myth of Bortles. He's a slightly less athletic EJ and watch his bowl game again. 3 td passes for 200+ yards on screens.

• Lewan will be a decent LT and a horrible RT.
  • Watkins will be a decent receiver on a team that runs screens. That's Not us.
  • Mosley will be forever-injured; Borland will outplay him.
  • Jeremy Hill will be overdrafted, as will Storm Johnson, Tre Mason, and Jerick McKinnon. Hyde, West, and Andre Williams get my vote for the Bills in various rounds. I wouldn't be surprised to see 2 RB and 2 DE.
  • Speaking of DEs, Demarcus Lawrence will be overdrafted. He's good, but there too few pass rushers in the Irvin/ Hughes mold in this draft.
  • Ra'Shede Hageman is the real deal.

Just my opinion, but:

1. Johnny Manziel - I like his competitveness and elusiveness and don't have a problem with his arm strength - he could be very good, but he'll have to drastically change his game in the NFL. Another poster said he lobs too many passes up for grabs - I agree and those bad decisions will kill him in the NFL. I am also concerned about his maturity - he is very young coming into the league - Russell Wilson by contrast was over-aged.

2. Eric Ebron - certainly has the athletic skills to be good and some of my favorite draft analysts really like him, but he is also very young, doesn't block much and hasn't shown that he is a red-zone threat with only 8 career TDs in 3 years. Without blocking, he is basically a big WR - while he has size, comparing him to WRs his speed isn't that great. I am no Kelvin Benjamin fan, but he scored more TDs in the last 5 GAMES this year than Ebron did in 3 YEARS.

3. Kelvin Benjamin - I just said he was productive scoring TDs, but he really had only 1 year of production - very young - allegedly told a coach who came to work him out that he was too tired to workout.

4. Teddy Bridgewater - no doubt was an outstanding college QB, but smallish size, not special arm strength and speed/elusiveness leave me wondering if he will be good in the NFL - rooting for him, but not betting on him.

5. Bradley Roby - recent arrest, average season this past year leave me cold on him.

On the flip side, I think that Aaron Donald will be a bargain in the middle of the first as teams shy away early because he is undersized. I also think Marqise Lee is going to outplay his draft position. He was SO productive and dominant when healthy.

Finally getting some research time in, comparing mocks with players and, if it shakes out as everyone thinks, the following players are going to be taken way too early:

* Any QB taken in the top 25 - Bridgewater is the only reasonably ready to play in the NFL

* Anthony Barr - at best, late 2nd round development player

* Eric Ebron - Not a top 25 guy. Better athlete than football player

* Zack Martin - As a Tackle no way - as a Guard, OK

* Cody Lattimer - too raw for round 1.

* Mike Evans - In a real NFL offense, too limited for a top 10 pick. Should thank Johnnie Football...

* Ra'Shede Hageman - Will be out of NFL in 4 years

We wont know for years, but the new salary structure promotes reaching..

how about backing up your opinion with some facts or even rumors? or are you relying on a crystal ball?

For folks that want to trade down for Benjamin instead of Evans.....I think Benjamin is more of a raw project and Evans will be a #1 WR halfway through this year. Benjamin does not catch as well and it has been talked about in the media that he is over weight, lazy and has character issues. They are not the same player because of height and 40 time. There come much, much more risks with Benjamin. Not 100% sure, but, I thought I read that Eugene Parker was Benjamin's agent too. Not kidding.

For folks that want to trade down for Benjamin instead of Evans.....I think Benjamin is more of a raw project and Evans will be a #1 WR halfway through this year. Benjamin does not catch as well and it has been talked about in the media that he is over weight, lazy and has character issues. They are not the same player because of height and 40 time. There come much, much more risks with Benjamin. Not 100% sure, but, I thought I read that Eugene Parker was Benjamin's agent too. Not kidding.

That may be the case. I have just been scared off of Evans since I saw JF literally shaking him on the sidelines in attempt to break him out of a poutfest.

The animosity...the anger...love it...the NFL draft is a signature event. I stand by all, but after seeing a little more film on a certain WR, I am recanting slightly - Cody Lattimer has reay good hands and might well have a Robert Wood-esque rookie campaign. As for all the people that think I hate Evans - for the umpteenth time - he is a first rounder, but I don't share the sure fire feel. Again, none of us know for certain how they will pan out, I am just basing on tape I have seen. After review, guys I think top 10 worthy (Admittedly, Evans is close to top 10...):

* Clowney

* Watkins

* Mack

* Robinson

* Matthews

* Mosley

* Bridgewater

* Donald

* Pryor

* Lewan