Who's Buying Shares In EJ?

Beerball

My broker told me O-line stocks were as safe as an investment you could hope to buy. Mike Williams put my family on the street.

Thing about stocks , is ya gotta jump back in when the gettins good.

O line is a good investment if you get one of the two premium shares

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still broke after going all in on JP Losman stocks. I'll sit this one out

I wanted to go all out for Big Ben in that draft. That's the only time where I have ever wanted to trade up in the draft.

I would have given up our entire draft class for andrew luck

And it still wouldn't have been enough. The Colts were cool with getting rid of Peyton Manning for that guy. You think a few draft picks could have enticed them?

Davis has already had his big 2nd contract payday. How is he supposed to make $40 Million plus now that he is 30 yrs old? He can probably play for 5 more years, but the gigantic payday has likely already occurred.

What a strange business model - it must be geared toward gamblers.

An agent gets a 10% cut of a players endorsement deals.

Basically EJ has made a deal with this company to get $4.7 million upfront today for 10% of future earnings.

The company then sells shares of that 10%. The real shady business is that they create the exchange and self regulate the market which is where the risk for any "investors" money to go "poof" increases. I don't want to know the musculature of EJ but I want to know the background of the people running the market. If they have bit coin on their resume is be worried. Also if the contract with the player is structured where the company gets 10% of future earnings but there are no conditions to have an active exchange. They could just fold the exchange but still get paid off if future endorsements.

So Davis will get additional endorsement deals in the future, even after he retires, and this company, like an agent, gets 10% of that deal.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Are you being serious? If so how do you go about investing?

Sure things. Like Matthews or Robinson. Going to pay dividends as soon he hits the field. I am just talking about one of these two OT going to go in the top ten .

And of course i am rarely serious TT

Maybe I’m not completely understanding this but if EJ takes the $4.7 mil and would owe 10% of future earning in return, isn’t that like he’s betting on himself to fail? If he turns out to be the stud we all hope for, he could get a contact in excess of $100 mil plus the endorsements that would go along with being a high profile QB. In that case he’d owe $10+ mil. I can understand why a player like Davis or Foster would do it since they are both closer to the end of their playing career and are unlikely to earn another $40 million. But for a guy like EJ, it doesn’t sound like a good investment at all…unless of course he busts as a player.

Am I missing something here?

Maybe I’m not completely understanding this but if EJ takes the $4.7 mil and would owe 10% of future earning in return, isn’t that like he’s betting on himself to fail? If he turns out to be the stud we all hope for, he could get a contact in excess of $100 mil plus the endorsements that would go along with being a high profile QB. In that case he’d owe $10+ mil. I can understand why a player like Davis or Foster would do it since they are both closer to the end of their playing career and are unlikely to earn another $40 million. But for a guy like EJ, it doesn’t sound like a good investment at all…unless of course he busts as a player.

Yes the 10% appears to be only endorsement deals. Not the NFL contract.

Yes the 10% appears to be only endorsement deals. Not the NFL contract.

His current and future NFL contracts, endorsements, insurance fees, his post career if he goes into broadcasting or becomes a talk show host,” explained French. “Think of it as it encapsulates 10 percent of his consumer brand.”

Contracts do appear to be on the table, including the current one.

Think of it as he is taking out bust insurance.

I'm not sure what to think of this whole thing other than it seems to be a new and different form of long term gambling. Assuming that the "stock" would pay dividends and could be sold to others that is. Without dividends and the ability to sell your stock to others it is nothing more than a gimmick to make money.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Contracts do appear to be on the table, including the current one.

Think of it as he is taking out bust insurance.

I'm not sure what to think of this whole thing other than it seems to be a new and different form of long term gambling. Assuming that the "stock" would pay dividends and could be sold to others that is. Without dividends and the ability to sell your stock to others it is nothing more than a gimmick to make money.

Exactly the confidence I want exuding from my . . . "franchise" QB.

Yay?

They're pretty straight forward about the risks.

Risks Relating to EJ Manuel

• EJ Manuel's NFL player contract is a significant portion of the current amounts we would receive under his brand contract.
  • The profitability of EJ Manuel's brand contract is substantially dependent upon EJ Manuel's ability to enter into additional multi-year NFL player contracts, and high-value, on his ability to successfully attract and retain endorsements during his playing career and thereafter significantly in excess of amounts he has attracted historically and/or generate other brand income after his playing career.
  • EJ Manuel has incurred other secured debt, including mortgage payables, the payment of which may adversely impact his ability to make payments under the brand contract.
  • EJ Manuel may suffer from an injury, illness or a medical condition; any injuries, illnesses or medical conditions of EJ Manuel may affect the cash received by us under the brand contract.
  • Future negative publicity could damage EJ Manuel's reputation and impair the value of his brand.

https://fantex.com/about

Maybe I'll put a couple hundo on there and see if I can double up.