All right, sources have reported back, and this happens next Thursday.

If Sammy Watkins is there at 4, the Bills will trade their 1st, 2nd and Stevie Johnson to Cleveland for the rights to take Sammy Watkins. Something could change, but as of today, this is on the table...Not sure this makes us better, but they see something in Sammy and envision a long term relationship with EJ and him.

If Sammy is not there, they are more than happy with Matthews or Ebron at 9.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um....

Why would the Browns want SJ when they could just draft Watkins for less than half his salary?

CBF

Exactly, they could have their pick of WR at #4 for a rookies salary, but they fleece the Bills?

Nice proviso btw "Something could change..." gotta give yourself an out, when/if your wrong.

Um....

Why would the Browns want SJ when they could just draft Watkins for less than half his salary?

CBF

Supposing they want a QB they believe they can get at 9, they get a proven WR to play opposite Josh Gordon, get their QB, and have an extra pick early in the 2nd, all for moving back 5 spots.

Edited by Rob's House

Um....

CBF

the only thing I can figure is that they (browns) can take Carr at 9 and feel better about it while also getting a capable Y receiver. Also, if they draft Sammy, your going to max pay for Josh Gordon and Sammy? Unlikely - works for 4 years, then one will leave...

Supposing they want a QB they believe they can get at 9, they get a proven WR to play opposite Josh Gordon, get their QB, and have an extra pick early in the 2nd, all for moving back 5 spots.

Exactly.

Actually a good deal for them.

Carr probably at nine and a deep talented wide reciever class in the second.

If Sammy Watkins is there at 4, the Bills will trade their 1st, 2nd and Stevie Johnson to Cleveland for the rights to take Sammy Watkins. Something could change, but as of today, this is on the table...Not sure this makes us better, but they see something in Sammy and envision a long term relationship with EJ and him.

If true I would obviously welcome Watkins, but I'll also go on record against this deal because giving up a 2nd Round pick in this Draft is dumb, stupid, ill-advised, and...did I say dumb yet?

The deepest Draft in recent memory and we are going to give up #41? Ugh...I HATE that idea...Hate, hate, hate it... :thumbdown:

Exactly, they could have their pick of WR at #4 for a rookies salary, but they fleece the Bills?

Nice proviso btw "Something could change..." gotta give yourself an out, when/if your wrong.

only reason for the caveat is we are still a week out and someone else might offer the Browns better. Too much time this year...will cement a final call the day of, but have heard too much about this (from people in Cleveland by the way) to ignore it...

What are these sources you speak of ?

Also, I think it is too much to give up for a WR considering we are more than one player away from a deep run at the playoffs.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

only reason for the caveat is we are still a week out and someone else might offer the Browns better. Too much time this year...will cement a final call the day of, but have heard too much about this (from people in Cleveland by the way) to ignore it...

Just to throw my hat in the ring...not saying you haven't heard what you say; just saying I've heard different...

I'm against trading UP for anyone....BUT, if they DO trade up, Watkins would be guy IMO to do it for....

Having said that, I would prefer for the BILLS to trade DOWN and get more picks in a deep Draft and solidify OT, LB and TE, in addition to getting a playmaking WR, that is a deep position this year so you could arguably get a good one in the 4th...IF the BILLS trade SJ, that might move the desire to Draft a top-flight WR to the 1st round, but you can do that at 9 or certainly at 41 with the depth of this Draft...

Where is this info from, not questioning it, just curious?