Jake Matthews will be the pick.

My personal philosophy is to take elite playmakers or pass rushers in the top ten over linemen.

In today's NFL, i would rather build my team with elite skill players and average linemen rather than having elite linemen and average playmakers.

Your studs don't mean crap if your QB is on his ass or there's sub par blocking for your RB's. In the NFL, an elite line is gold.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the draft right around the corner I 'm going to take my final stab at who the Bills are going to take. After watching Whaley's interview I see that he's willing to trade up for a solid 10 year player. Jake Matthews is that player and he also fills a big time need for the Bills. I don't know how they will accomplish it, trading up or whatever but I do believe Whaley will do whatever he has to to get this done. In the event that this doesn't happen and the Bills stay at the #9 pick then I do still believe that the pick will be an OT, regardless if it's Matthews or not. I'd like to also mention that the Rams concern me with the Matthews' pick, due to OT being a big time need for them as well but also Jeff Fisher's association to Matthews' relatives.

I like Matthews...If the Bills only have to trade up a spot or two to get him I'm not opposed...But to be honest...If the Rams take Matthews over Robinson they're insane... IMHO, Robinson is a MUCH better prospect...It's been my feeling for a long time now that Robinson is the #1 prospect in this Draft...I would take him ahead of Clowney all day...I think he's got Orlando Pace potential... B-)

If its for Mathews I quit following this team, no ****. Trade up for an impact player like Clowney YES. We can get a damn good RT in round 2 and possibly even 3.

Please Goddell move the draft back to April!!!

Moving the draft to May was a really bad call.

RT or LT are interchangeable in today's game. I encourage anyone who thinks otherwise to go back and listen to what Whaley has to say about the OT position.

Id advise you check their pay checks to see what GMs really think.

Edited by NoSaint

Your studs don't mean crap if your QB is on his ass or there's sub par blocking for your RB's. In the NFL, an elite line is gold.

I said average line. It's just a difference of philosophy. I think it's easier to get quality linemen later in the draft than it is to get quality playmakers or pass rushers so I would always take the playmaker or pass rusher over the lineman.

Edited by FluffHead

Questionable.

I said average line. It's just a difference of philosophy. I think it's easier to get quality linemen later in the draft than it is to get quality playmakers or pass rushers so I would always take the playmaker or pass rusher over the lineman.

I agree. And not be beat a dead horse, but a good QB solves any line problems too.

It's questionable that an elite line is gold in the NFL? Validate, please.

Philosophically. It's a chicken/egg type scenario. What do you build first...

You can have the greatest line in the history of the NFL and have have a no playmakers or a weak QB and you're not winning crap.

Philosophically. It's a chicken/egg type scenario. What do you build first...

You can have the greatest line in the history of the NFL and have have a no playmakers or a weak QB and you're not winning crap.

We have playmakers. We have arguably the best RB tandem in the league. Our line lacked a guard and a RT. We won 6 games. (Yes...our QB situation stunk)

Edited by Bronc24

We have playmakers. We have arguably the best RB tandem in the league. Our line lacked a guard and a RT.

Totally agree. Would like another TE or WR to throw into the mix…but…all this goes for naught if EJ doesn't progress.

If you draft a tackle at #9 then he plays LT. Cordy would slide over to RT and both tackle positions would be upgraded with one pick in theory. In reality, you'd have a pissed off Glenn & an unproven rookie protecting EJ's blind side.

1. draft Ebron then get RT in 2nd

2. trade down get RT, SS & TE in 2 rds

----or------

3. trade up and get Sammy or Clowney</p>

Edited by r00tabaga

So to be clear Tipster, Matthews will be the pick. Unless he's not. Do I have that right?

There is a lot of moving parts involving a trade up. OT will be the first pick , Matthews will be the top priority. If the Bills can't make a deal to secure him then they will settle for the next best OT (Lewan?). I do believe that they stand a very reasonable shot of getting in position to be able to draft him though.

I'm just going to quote myself from your last thread about the exact same thing.

Trading up..... to draft a right tackle.....

Good Lord, whoever said May 8th can't come soon enough hit the nail on the head. Wow.

RT or LT are interchangeable in today's game. I encourage anyone who thinks otherwise to go back and listen to what Whaley has to say about the OT position.

I read what he said. I never heard that before. You X and O guys - is that true? It's the first time I started thinking it would be OK to draft a tackle in the top ten...........Are we really going to pay two tackles left tackle money? That's what they'll both want.

I think I agree with the OP, if we stay at 9 and he's there.

RT will have the most impact on this team. Will be involved in every play. Even moreso than LG slightly.

If they move up, it will be for Mack or Watkins, in that order, but not Robinson or Clowney. Robinson > Matthews, but why move up for something you can get at 9, more or less.

Edited by maddenboy

If Cordy gets moved he will seek LT money on the open market (and get it).

And if Cordy DOESN'T get moved he will seek LT money on the open market (and get it). This is how it works.

And it would be nice to have another quality OT on the roster as opposed to being forced to draft at a certain position (ala EJ Manuel).