Baby Names That Makes You Want To Punch Someone’s Face

Just Jack

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a strange name, but my cousin (early 20's) named her daughter Charlotte Rae. I replied to her Facebook post with "Mrs. Garret?" Then had to explain to her about The Facts Of Life when she didn't get the joke.

I work at a Hospital. I've seen Jaykob, Precious, Silence just to name a few.

Then there was the guy named Richard Head. I'm not joking.

There is a customer that comes to my place of work regularly...his name is Dick Hertz.

Also, knew a guy from another job named Dick Hardin.

Edited by Buftex

My father was into German names and wanted to name me: Gunther (I guess he never watched Car 54)... He thought Gunther Gebel-Williams was a cool lion tamer... LoL

Anyway, this was 1967-1968 when my mother was expecting. One of my father's friend said: "You name your kid Gunther and I will never talk to you again." Well, they named me Eric. At least he held to the Germanic names. I never thanked my father's friend, I probably should have.

I guess the old days were good for something...

LoL... :-)

My father was into German names and wanted to name me: Gunther (I guess he never watched Car 54)... He thought Gunther Gebel-Williams was a cool lion tamer... LoL

Anyway, this was 1967-1968 when my mother was expecting. One of my father's friend said: "You name your kid Gunther and I will never talk to you again." Well, they named me Eric. At least he held to the Germanic names. I never thanked my father's friend, I probably should have.

I guess the old days were good for something...

LoL... :-)

Nice story, Gunther.

(A nickname is born!)

My wife was just telling me she met a guy at work named Trip McCool. She saw his name on some paperwork before she met him, and was quite disappointed to find out he was "nerdy" (not sure what that means exactly).

I think people get ridiculous, but I don't have any problems with unique names. Really, I think it's one of those things people get too up in arms about. Who's it hurting and why do people care so much?