I'm now convinced we're moving back in draft..

D521646

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm beginning to suspect they'll explore moving down as well much to my dismay. I'm going to be watching Dallas and Pittsburgh very

So you would oppose a move back? Why? I want it to happen but doubt there will be a willing partner.

History tells us that the Cowboys will trade their 1st round pick. They might be a team to look at who would want to move up.

Right now we have the 9,41,73,109,149 and 224. Trade with Dallas our 9 and 109 for their 16 and 47. They draft Aaron Donald. We now have 3 in top 50!

Edited by 75Bills

So you would oppose a move back? Why? I want it to happen but doubt there will be a willing partner.

I also heard San Francisco may want to move up and has a lot of picks. This would be a second trade down and Im not sure I like it. But, If we traded #16 to them we would then have 30,41,47,56,73,129,149,224. 8 Picks with 5 in top 75!

I would like to trade back as well but I DONT want to do it just for the sake of doing it....unless the compensation matches we need to stand our ground and pick......

And frankly....we could go like 4 different directions offensively or defensively and still get a good player

Off the top of my head....Mathews or Ebron are both worth the 9 if the obvious top 5 guys are not there

Ok. Who wants to move up? And for who? And are they paying what the bills want for the pick?

The QBs are going to fall, and with them create room for teams looking to trade up. Clowney & Mack will both be gone, Watkins & Evans, and possibly the top 2 OT prospects by the time we are on the clock at 9. I think we are trading back, to stockpile depth.

Ithe the somesmdkmshh

I also heard San Francisco may want to move up and has a lot of picks. This would be a second trade down and Im not sure I like it. But, If we traded #16 to them we would then have 30,41,47,56,73,129,149,224. 8 Picks with 5 in top 75!

The above trade backs that yield picks 30-41-47-56-73 has plentiful options possible that fill needs. OL Moses,Kounjijo,JJames, Richardson , Bitonio,Filo, GJackson, Yankey. REC ASJ,Niklas,Moncreif,Latimer,Adams etc. RB Hyde, Mason, Hill, Awilliams, West, Seastrunk,. DB Roby, Joyner, Gaines, Ward. DE/lb Chricton, Van Noy, Borland, Skov. Getting 5 guys from the above list doesn't sound half bad.

I think that is possible. I was driving in Cleveland today listening to sports talk and they were debating Watkins and Manziel at 4.

Whether or not people want Watkins at 9 is different than if he would be value at 9. I don't think that you will find 1 expert that doesn't think that he is value at 9.

Oh yeah it's not even a debate in my mind. He'd be a steal at 9.

How is this the deepest draft of the century? Outside of a couple players in the top 5 the rest of the class is average at best. I am in no way shape or form a pro scout but this seems like one of the weaker classes in the last couple years not the deepest in a century.

Admittedly, it will be a few years before we can know for sure, but the sheer number of underclassmen declaring deepened this draft for starters and secondly, the talent at the top is rare, based on player rankings. Just seems like scouts, GMs, and others, in addition to Mayock and the other talking heads think this class is the deepest they've seen in a while. I had a scout tell me that all of last year's top 10 would have been pushed out by this year's class. Never heard that before. Anyway, here's a blurb from just after the combine.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/columnist/bell/2014/03/01/2014-nfl-draft-legacy-johnny-manziel-jadeveon-clowney/5928625/

GO BILLS!!!

If there aren't any players worth the 9th pick, why in the world would the other team trade with Bflo to move up to that pick? :blink:

Who knows?

Wouldn't logic dictate that the 9th best player is always worth taking with the 9th overall pick? You don't get to save it for next year. Any trade back theoretically yields a package more or less equal to the value of the 9th pick. You have a 3 options: 1. pick a player, 2. trade your pick, or 3. pass and move back with no consideration. Options 1 and 2 should be of comparable value unless one party is the New Orleans Saints. Option 3 is just silly.

Really?!? Find me 1 expert that has him at 9 or later on their big board or in their mock.

yeah. And those same experts had Mike Williams highly rated. Aaron Maybin, Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell, etc...

I'm not an expert. Nor is anyone else here unless Doug Whaley is lurking here. I'm just saying some people think he will be a disappointment. I'm one of them.

For us I wouldn't want Watkins at 9. We have 4 faster receivers than him. Evans or trade back. Take Benjamin in the first and pick OL and pass rusher in second/ 3rd...IMO.

Edited by SJDK

For us I wouldn't want Watkins at 9. We have 4 faster receivers than him. Evans or trade back. Take Benjamin in the first and pick OL and pass rusher in second/ 3rd...IMO.

We have 1 WR faster than Watkins, and zero that catch the ball, block, and make plays after the catch even close to the way he does IMO.

It's not all about measurables.

yeah. And those same experts had Mike Williams highly rated. Aaron Maybin, Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell, etc...

I'm not an expert. Nor is anyone else here unless Doug Whaley is lurking here. I'm just saying some people think he will be a disappointment. I'm one of them.

There is a difference though in that he is universally considered a top 5 pick. Everyone that does this for a living believes that. There is no debate amongst the experts. I really have seen zero people project him as a disappointment. He's an explosive athlete that is as physical as any WR coming out in a long time. In addition, he has the production to match. Whether or not you want him is different but to say that he wouldn't be good value at 9 is asinine.

Should move down and keep moving down. Could have every 6th and 7th round draft pick.

really ? maybe we could find our Tom Brady

We have 1 WR faster than Watkins, and zero that catch the ball, block, and make plays after the catch even close to the way he does IMO.

True enough

IMO...

The Bills have only two players, Matthews and Ebron, that they're willing to pick at #9 and who would realistically be there.

The Rams will trade up from #13 to the Vikings #8 spot to pick Matthews since it's becoming very clear the Bills like him a lot. Also, there's a very strong connection with the Matthews family and Fisher.

In the end, the Bills will be too afraid to trade back concerned that they'd lose out on picking Ebron knowing that the Giants at #12 seem to like the kid a lot and they need to get Eli Manning help to get him back on track after his horrible year.

IMO, the Bills and Ebron are a match that's destined to be (which I'm very good with). I think Bills fans need to understand that at #9 the Bills are out of the "elite" player loop unless they're willing to give away picks which I don't see happening (but who knows they could surprise us). Please don't get riled up, this is merely my opinion and prediction.

Evans, woods, mike williams, TJ Graham all ran faster 40's. Try the google it's great for information like that...IMO. I don't think it much matters, Watkins will be on a plane by pick 9 anyway.

Edited by SJDK