Bon Jovi: 1 Billion

if JBJ was part of a group that wanted to keep the team in Buffalo, he would be OK with that too. Maybe the "Kelly Group" has room for another 100 mil partner ;)

I don't know about that. Bon Jovi has always been creepy to me and I am 46 years old. I'd feel kinda dirty having him own any team especially the Bills. The dude's been type cast as a cheesy, sucky singer in my book.

Just me... All those millions made on cheesy, crappy songs I couldn't get over... Somebody is buy his act. Sorry John, take your 100's millions to the women's basketball league. They will love you there.

Haven't people on cruises suffered enough lately?

ROTFLMFAO!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am tired of those with money pushing their agenda on the rest of us. I have no problem with people who have money and worked very hard to get were they are. The problem I have is when they throw the $$$$ around or special treatment.

If he really did submit a bid already, he will lose. We have many local potential buyers who surely have inside track on the bidding process. He would be an idiot to place a bid already.

The person/group who lands the Bills will be someone who is not in the news about it at this time. Not Trump, not bon jovi. I put my money on group that may, or may not, have Kelly in their corner. Personally I believe it will be Jacobs.

i hope you're right.. i've been a fan for 48 years and have never even been to a game in Buffalo, but the team belongs there.. not Toronto.. not LA.. when Wilson was thinking of leaving Buffalo for Seattle, in order to get a NFL quality stadium built - i wrote a letter to Gov Rockefeller, begging him to help keep the Bills in Buffalo.. NY came up with the money i guess, and Ralph stayed put. This is a horse of a different color though.. it's Mary Wilson's right to do what she has to do.. hopefully the local boys win out.

i hope you're right.. i've been a fan for 48 years and have never even been to a game in Buffalo, but the team belongs there.. not Toronto.. not LA.. when Wilson was thinking of leaving Buffalo for Seattle, in order to get a NFL quality stadium built - i wrote a letter to Gov Rockefeller, begging him to help keep the Bills in Buffalo.. NY came up with the money i guess, and Ralph stayed put. This is a horse of a different color though.. it's Mary Wilson's right to do what she has to do.. hopefully the local boys win out.

Did you grow up in Buffalo?

Even if by some miracle the Bills were purchased by Rogers but NOT relocated, Rogers is not an owner you want. They consistently invest just enough to look competitive but not enough to put the team over the top, where the Jays are concerned. Deepest pockets in the league but only a token commitment to the game.

Also, since Rogers is a corporation, it can't own the Bills. There would need to be a primary investor who is an actual person. I am not sure I see that person in the Rogers fold now that Uncle Ted is gone.

Did you grow up in Buffalo?

no.. Staten Island, NY until moving to Middletown, NJ the last 24 years.. i was 9 or 10 years old, and noticed the red, white and blue team playing on the tv.. i really liked their unis, i guess.. after my father told me they were one of the best teams in the new AFL, my fate was sealed.. i'll die a Bills fan, and unlike some, i'll root for them wherever they end up - BUT THEY BELONG IN BUFFALO, NY!

No way any group in Toronto gets the Bills.

Why would they buy the team now and sit on it for 6 years?

Also, if one of the Toronto groups buys the Bills, us fans arent stupid and we will know what their long term goal is and it will dramatically effect their sales and revenue.

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

This literally makes me sick.

fans seriously have to create some negative pub regarding bon jovi.. someone suggested a giant burning of his records, something like that would be good, perhaps picked up nationally, not saying it would change anything, but it wouldnt hurt

fans seriously have to create some negative pub regarding bon jovi.. someone suggested a giant burning of his records, something like that would be good, perhaps picked up nationally, not saying it would change anything, but it wouldnt hurt

I know what you mean.

There were some songs I didnt mind of his but now every time I hear him on the radio, I cannot change the station fast enough

CBF

Why would they buy the team now and sit on it for 6 years?

Also, if one of the Toronto groups buys the Bills, us fans arent stupid and we will know what their long term goal is and it will dramatically effect their sales and revenue.

CBF

RE: 6 years - They wouldn't have to. But that has been discussed at length and with excellent informed input in another thread. Some choose to believe it, and others don't.

RE: decreased sales and revenue could actually work in their favor. If the Bills break the lease and the county takes them to court and the court awards the penalty payment to the county (specified as $400 million in the lease), the court could make the county provide evidence of $400 million in damages. If sales and revenue due to game attendance dramatically fall off (due to the sale of the team), the county might not be able to prove that much in damages and the amount the Bills would have to pay as a penalty would be [considerably] less.

If they "play" at Darien Lake, I would be down with having some sort of demonstration, then trying to boo them off the stage

i know, could take him or leave him , but now the bas#$%%d has got to realize, you just do not come in , move a storied team from an area that has been loyal because "you want to own an NFL franchise" what a pompous a$$..

Edited by dwight in philly

We are going to see a lot of rumors. Usually the loudest bidders don't get the deal. 1 Billion is a lot. But remember some of these names we have seen are rich with very rich friends. The Rich's and Jacobs could combine efforts. Golisano and Pegulia could join forces. There is lots of time.

no.. Staten Island, NY until moving to Middletown, NJ the last 24 years.. i was 9 or 10 years old, and noticed the red, white and blue team playing on the tv.. i really liked their unis, i guess.. after my father told me they were one of the best teams in the new AFL, my fate was sealed.. i'll die a Bills fan, and unlike some, i'll root for them wherever they end up - BUT THEY BELONG IN BUFFALO, NY!

Very cool!

Bon Jovi is the epitome of mediocrity. Artless, and banal, it truly defines schlock. If JBJ buys the team and moves it, I hope it ruins him. For a public figure like him to openly contrive to strip a community of it's storied franchise is disgraceful. That's all I have to say about him. Thank You.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

His net worth is reported to be 300 million so someone has been going and/or buying his stuff.

I get that you and WEO like to be negative and I have to admit it gives me a chuckle sometimes. I don't get it with you sometimes though. WEO is a Pats fan so it makes sense. You seem to be a Bills fan who thinks everyone on the team sucks, the lease will be easily broken, Toronto is the center of the universe, Doug Whaley needs a haircut and the green sky is falling. It is good to hear dissenting opinions so I don't begrudge you any of that.

Where it gets ridiculous is the pro Bon Jovi stuff. Really? Are we supposed to all believe that? Nobody on here disputed that his records were purchased. They were. That doesn't stop it from being a sad comment on America nor does it give him any sort of credibility.

I agree with the others that have stated they are dismayed at the lack of public scorn at Bon Jovi. It would have been justified on music alone; even before this dirt bag openly admitted to wanting to move the team from Buffalo. At this point he ought to feel a little sting from bad publicity and it should be made personal. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean violence. I mean a public relations campaign exposing him as a phony man of the people and an insecure rich boy wannabe douche. It bugs me to read supposed Bills fans creating some sort of soft defense for this piece of trash.