Bon Jovi: 1 Billion

I'm sure people won't believe me, but here goes.

Being from New Jersey, I have a good friend who works in the music industry. It just so happens his boss is a good friend of Bon Jovi's. Long story short, he called me yesterday to tell me he heard from his boss Bon Jovi and his Toronto backers have put their bid in for the Bills and it's for 1 Billion.

Now I know no one on this forum has any reason to believe me, and I don't expect you to. However, I have no reason not to believe my friend, as his connection to Bon Jovi is real and something I've joked with him for years (I hate his music). I rarely post on here and have no reason to make this up. Anyway, like I said believe it if you want.

My real question to everyone is this though, assuming this is true. Do you think 1 Billion is enough to get the Bills? Is this a nail in the coffin, or is 1 Billion not enough. Thoughts?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Being from New Jersey, I have a good friend who works in the music industry. It just so happens his boss is a good friend of Bon Jovi's. Long story short, he called me yesterday to tell me he heard from his boss Bon Jovi and his Toronto backers have put their bid in for the Bills and it's for 1 Billion.

Now I know no one on this forum has any reason to believe me, and I don't expect you to. However, I have no reason not to believe my friend, as his connection to Bon Jovi is real and something I've joked with him for years (I hate his music). I rarely post on here and have no reason to make this up. Anyway, like I said believe it if you want.

My real question to everyone is this though, assuming this is true. Do you think 1 Billion is enough to get the Bills? Is this a nail in the coffin, or is 1 Billion not enough. Thoughts?

Well. Hope not. Just thinking about it... wouldn't that be an awfully awkward 7-10 years if the team played in Buffalo while JBJ prepared to move them? Wonder what those seasons would look like... hope I don't have to see it.

I heard this on Sirius yesterday. Of all places on the Big 80's. That Bon Jovi has a lot of backers and wants to own an NFL team and have them in Toronto. It was from Allan Hunter who, if I remember correctly, is somewhat familiar/ social with JBJ.

its got enough people in the game of telephone that even if everybody in the chain is well intentioned, accuracy of the very limited info in it is questionable at best.

id fully expect bids to be in that ball park. and likely more than 1.

Sorry and no offense to you and your source but I still question JBJ's finances. Forbes has his net worth at around $200 million. If the bid is $1 billion, the NFL says controlling owner must own at least 30%, so $300 million. Seems he's a bit short. Sure, you might say he can borrow the money. But the NFL also says you can only finance $200 million in the purchase of a team.

So JBJ and his group need to come up with $800 million in cash and JBJ himself would have to come up $300 million. Not saying it couldn't happen, but that is a really tall order.

It is up to the estate to accept or decline bids. Then it is up to the league to approve of the sale. If the Bills and the league show no loyalty to Buffalo, I would be shocked, saddened and determined never to spend another dollar on the NFL.

I guess that…and a quarter….

Sorry and no offense to you and your source but I still question JBJ's finances. Forbes has his net worth at around $200 million. If the bid is $1 billion, the NFL says controlling owner must own at least 30%, so $300 million. Seems he's a bit short. Sure, you might say he can borrow the money. But the NFL also says you can only finance $200 million in the purchase of a team.

So JBJ and his group need to come up with $800 million in cash and JBJ himself would have to come up $300 million. Not saying it couldn't happen, but that is a really tall order.

John Bon Jovi is just the famous face of the group, he would not the majority owner. He'd own 5-10% tops IMO.

Edited by 3 --> 10 Connection

Assuming this information was accurately relayed to you, I think it's fantastic news - they'll be a couple hundred million shy of what I'd expect the team to sell for!

The thing about what Ralph did with the lease is that if it's apparent the new owners will move the team to Toronto, then I would think ticket sales would fall through the floor until 2019. Maybe lack of attendance would allow breaking the lease early and paying the 400 million but that would still take years to resolve. I know if a Toronto group takes them over the team is dead to me unless they announce plans for a new stadium in WNY.

I'm pretty sure if he did get the team he would never play in WNY again.

And if he's planning on moving The Bills that would be a VERY smart career move...I'm thinking it would be smart for him to avoid WNY period...Like...forever... ;)

Sorry and no offense to you and your source but I still question JBJ's finances. Forbes has his net worth at around $200 million. If the bid is $1 billion, the NFL says controlling owner must own at least 30%, so $300 million. Seems he's a bit short.

Have you ever stood next to him? I have. A bit short is an understatement. Or perhaps an overstatement.

No offense to the OP but it's all rumor. Not that your contacts would lie or are lying but for all you know he could be speculating based on all the JBJ reports he hears in the news every 5 minutes. For christs sake, it's scrolling across the ticker on Madden. Tell me that doesn't annoy me every time I play a game.

Either way, it's also not exactly the right time to be making and/or accepting bids. Things aren't working that fast. Another reason why I think it's BS.

Another thing is, if they have already announced their bid an it's $1B then I'm even more confident that the team isn't going anywhere. There are plenty of WNY players or others like Trump that will see to it that $1B isn't the final price for the team.

They aren't going anywhere.