Who Don't You Want at 9?

LB3

Pretty much any defensive player @ 9 other then Clowney or Mack. Both will be gone so if the pick isn't offense, I will definitely be saying wtf.

The offense is just so far behind & they invested a 1st in Manuel last year; they need to get him some help. I'm all for the first 3 picks going offense unless someone shocking falls. The line definitely needs a new RT & getting a OG that could push for a starting job would be nice. Also need a new TE. Too many holes on offense to ignore

x2! Edited by Bills Fan of Maryland

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iono.

-I feel like there's 8-10 teams who are seriously trying to Win the SuperBowl THIS year.

-probably another 8-10 who feel they are on the verge of making a run.

-Then there's the 10-12 who are just trying to get better.

I feel like we've been trying to get better for 15 years or so. People want an OT or LB or TE or WR so we can get better.

Rearrange the deck chairs.

Or instead, maybe keep taking a QB until you find a real one.

If the texans offered this year's #1 and next year's first rounder for EJ right now, would ya? Damn right you would. So dont tell me its still too early to know what we have in EJ. (because you would not have made that trade if you had Luck for only 7 games his rookie year. Or Russel Wilson. Or manning, elway, etc., no matter how bad their stats were. Because you "knew" those guys had greatness on the horizon. EJ? meh).

We cant wait 3-4 years to see if he'll be good. Because "good" isnt winning us the Superbowl. We need great.

Edited by maddenboy

iono.

-I feel like there's 8-10 teams who are seriously trying to Win the SuperBowl THIS year.

I feel like we've been trying to get better for 15 years or so. People want an OT or LB or TE or WR so we can get better.

If the texans offered this year's #1 and next year's first rounder for EJ right now, would ya? Damn right you would. So dont tell me its still too early to know what we have in EJ. (because you would not have made that trade if you had Luck for only 7 games his rookie year. Or Russel Wilson. Or manning, elway, etc., no matter how bad their stats were. Because you "knew" those guys had greatness on the horizon. EJ? meh).

We cant wait 3-4 years to see if he'll be good. Because "good" isnt winning us the Superbowl. We need great.

So who's the Luck, Manning, Elway, etc. that we're gonna get in that trade "this" year? Who's gonna come in day one and be better than Manuel is right now? It's just another reset at the QB position in the absence of that Luck-type player.

Russell Wilson is the exception to the rule. And he's no Manning or Elway, either. And it ain't like we have a Seattle-type team to surround a young QB with, either.

GO BILLS!!!

iono.

No I would not. The last time the Texans had a top 10 pick was to get Mario Williams in 2006. What's the point of trading away EJ for this years 11th pick and next years possibly later 1st round pick with the hope of finding a GREAT QB in the second half of the first round?

Not to mention you are basically throwing the rookie QB to the wolves. At least we had Kolb for a short time to give some mentoring. I know EJ, Thad and Tuel aren't a great combo by why throw another wild card in the mix?

Edited by The Wiz

no sir. The texans have the first overall pick. Not the 11th.

And I didnt say anything about swapping firsts. You still pick 9th this year.

Two first round draft picks, including this year's first overall, for EJ.

Or Luck after 7 games. Or Elway. Manning. Even Kelly.

The whole point is that you know if a guy has "it" or not. You dont need 2-3 seasons to figure it out,

Edited by maddenboy

The whole point is that you know if a guy has "it" or not. You dont need 2-3 seasons to figure it out,

In the case of blue-chip, franchise QBs like the ones you mentioned, yes, definitely, you know they have "it" right away.

The majority of QBs aren't like that though and they need a couple seasons to mature into the position and while they may never be an HOFer, they can certainly be good enough to get you there if all the other pieces are there.

GO BILLS!!!

I REALLY don't want Taylor Lewan! And i'm really worried he's the pick.

Robinson's a freak and Matthews is a stud with pedigree. If we have a shot at one of them, by all means. But Lewan's a hothead with a fresh misdemanor and if we're already taking the third best OT; i'd rather pick at another position and address Right Tackle in Round 2 or 3.

This is BS. It's subjective and can't be quantified. And you certainly need more than a 10 game sampling to make an informed decision one way or another.

This is BS. It's subjective and can't be quantified. And you certainly need more than a 10 game sampling to make an informed decision one way or another.

Reluctantly agree. Manuel didn't show much last year, but he showed enough where you gotta give him another year. It's not like any of the QB's in this year's draft don't have a lot of questions. I actually think Carr will be the best QB in this draft.

meanwhile, back on topic...who wouldn't you like to see taken at 9

Anybody not named Clowney, Mack, Watkins, Evans, Robinson, or Matthews. Since probability of that happening is less than 50%, try like hell to trade down. Start creating a buzz around the QB's. Bring in Bridgewater and Carr for visits. Make teams like Cleveland start sweating that they can wait to take a QB.

. . . And it should go without saying that all QBs are off the table at #9 by OBD and will not be drafted so you don't have to list them.

Lewan. I dont want the 3rd best tackle. This isnt helping me WIN THE SUPERBOWL THIS YEAR.

(*in my best princess leia voice* "Help me Johnny football. You're my only hope")

Lewan. I dont want the 3rd best tackle. This isnt helping me WIN THE SUPERBOWL THIS YEAR.

(*in my best princess leia voice* "Help me Johnny football. You're my only hope")

- The 3 best OTs this year are said to be better then the top 2 taken last year....which were taken in the top 5

- We are not winning the super bowl this year....progress would be playoffs

- The 3 best OTs this year are said to be better then the top 2 taken last year....which were taken in the top 5

Robinson and Matthews - i'm willing to agree with. Lewan is overrated and another off the field incident waiting to happen. I'd rather have Eric Ebron, Anthony Barr, or C.J. Mosley at 9 than him.

I REALLY don't want Taylor Lewan! And i'm really worried he's the pick.

Robinson's a freak and Matthews is a stud with pedigree. If we have a shot at one of them, by all means. But Lewan's a hothead with a fresh misdemanor and if we're already taking the third best OT; i'd rather pick at another position and address Right Tackle in Round 2 or 3.

Agreed that I don't want Lewan; I will also agree to re-visit my opinion if he's the pick, considering I think Whaley knows what he's doing...but I reserve my right to be ticked about it.

Anybody not named Clowney, Mack, Watkins, Evans, Robinson, or Matthews. Since probability of that happening is less than 50%, try like hell to trade down. Start creating a buzz around the QB's. Bring in Bridgewater and Carr for visits. Make teams like Cleveland start sweating that they can wait to take a QB.

I don't think creating buzz around the QBs will do it...the book is rather out on the QBs, in that they aren't the studs of this class. If you want to entice trades, IMO your best bet is to flirt heavily with the second wave of defensive prospects like Dennard, Gilbert, HaHa, Pryor, Donald, and Barr. Teams like Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Dallas would be the type to make a move.

Robinson and Matthews - i'm willing to agree with. Lewan is overrated and another off the field incident waiting to happen. I'd rather have Eric Ebron, Anthony Barr, or C.J. Mosley at 9 than him.

Oh dear...I hope not.

Reluctantly agree. Manuel didn't show much last year, but he showed enough where you gotta give him another year. It's not like any of the QB's in this year's draft don't have a lot of questions. I actually think Carr will be the best QB in this draft.

Just to be clear. Yes Lewan is the "3rd best tackle prospect" however there is very little question with his talent.

Barr, Ebron and Mosely are very pedestrian talents and not very special. There are major questions with their talent level.

I don't want Lewan on the Bills because he said quote " if you don't drop the chargers I will rape you again" to a young woman that thinks she was raped. He didn't do the alleged rapping. His roomate, the kicker, may have been the attacker. That just seems really really out there and super creepy.

The Ohio State fight "break up" / fan beating also goes to character.

If these issues never happened, he may actually be the "the #1 or #2 ranked tackle" on talent alone.

There is an order of magnitude greater potential in Lewan than Barr or Mosley by a consensus.

So don't get positional rankings confused with overall potential of the prospects.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Lewan skeers me John.

Off field issues

Big 10--the competition level is not good week to week and the non-conference schedule is weak (to put it mildly).

I can't comment on Elway, Kelly or even Peyton Manning because they were before my time as an NFL fan (but I work with a guy who is a Colts fan who admits to not being totally sold on Manniny until year 3... so all fan bases are like ours)... but if I can look at Brees, Rothlesberger, Eli and even Flacco (all of who have won Superbowls) and say I wasn't convinced in year 1. I can also look at Rivers and Alex Smith who are QBs I think most here would currently swap EJ for and say it took them some time too.

I don't believe you can just see "it" or you can't. Luck, possibly, he was a once in a generation talent - but generally you see flashes in year 1 and some things they need to get better at. Likewsie after year 1 everyone was convinced RGIII had "it".... they're not so convinced now. I just think talking about this nebulous "it" concept is misguided.

That doesn't mean you won't be correct if you believe EJ not to be the guy, he might not be. But it won't be because you are a phenomenal judge of the magic "it".

Edited by GunnerBill