Do you re-watch Bills games?

Fixxxer

If you do so, what are the reasons for it? Do you enjoy watching the game, certain developing players or the coach in you wants to see tendencies and formations?

Do you think that re-watching the game gives you another perspective of what you remember about certain games?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've rewatched just about every game from last season and some from the Chan era. I love watching Bills football so if I'm bored that's what I'll do.

The condensed versions of games on NFL rewind last about 30-40 minutes.

Edited by Bangarang

If you do so, what are the reasons for it? Do you enjoy watching the game, certain developing players or the coach in you wants to see tendencies and formations?

Do you think that re-watching the game gives you another perspective of what you remember about certain games?

Watch individual players a whole game. as best i can. One on Offense and one on defense . Legursky is an okay player .

Actual game speed is much too fast for me and more the getting caught up in emotion and yelling and what not

I've rewatched just about every game from last season and some from the Chan era. I love watching Bills football so if I'm bored that's what I'll do.

The condensed versions of games on NFL rewind last about 30-40 minutes.

Man you ARE bored ! But the condensed versions fly by , and rewinding helps alot. Everyone who has any strong opinions should really have watched a game at least twice

Yes. I typically watch the games live, at a sports bar, with fellow Bills fans... a ritual I appreciate almost as much as the games themselves. What I find, as I get older, and as there is easier access to things on line, is that I do tend to miss certain nuances of the games while watching at the bar. Just small things...but the kinds of things that seem to shape so many opinions of players, coaches, etc. So, unless it is just such a miserable game (say the Falcons or Bucs games this past season) I will normally log into NFL Rewind the week following the games, and re- watch them in chunks during the following week.

It may be a waste of time to some... but football is one of the few things that I honest to goodness enjoy still, so screw those who criticize you for it. I also not embarrassed to admit, I have close to 200+ games on DVD... I have been known from time to time to just grab a random game, say, from 1988, and just throw it in the player... sometimes I just leave it playing in the backround as I am doing other things around the house.... it enjoy it.

I also find, especially in this really dark era of Bills football, second viewings tend to make me see more of the good things, than the bad, which are always easy to remember. For instance, after re-watching this past season, I am not nearly as hopeless about EJ as I might have been otherwise... I tend to forget, especially after listening/reading all the negative comments that typically follow a losing effort, the kid did some things pretty well.

Edited by Buftex

Yes. I typically watch the games live, at a sports bar, with fellow Bills fans... a ritual I appreciate almost as much as the games themselves. What I find, as I get older, and as there is easier access to things on line, is that I do tend to miss certain nuances of the games while watching at the bar. Just small things...but the kinds of things that seem to shape so many opinions of players, coaches, etc. So, unless it is just such a miserable game (say the Falcons or Bucs games this past season) I will normally log into NFL Rewind the week following the games, and re- watch them in chunks during the following week.

It may be a waste of time to some... but football is one of the few things that I honest to goodness enjoy still, so screw those who criticize you for it. I also not embarrassed to admit, I have close to 200+ games on DVD... I have been known from time to time to just grab a random game, say, from 1988, and just throw it in the player... sometimes I just leave it playing in the backround as I am doing other things around the house.... it enjoy it.

I also find, especially in this really dark era of Bills football, second viewings tend to make me see more of the good things, than the bad, which are always easy to remember. For instance, after re-watching this past season, I am not nearly as hopeless about EJ as I might have been otherwise... I tend to forget, especially after listening/reading all the negative comments that typically follow a losing effort, the kid did some things pretty well.

and I'm glad you do!

Me too. Have nearly every game of Kelly's career -mostly on VHS.. :blush:

Awesome answer. I love the idea of having an old game on while you're puttering around the house. I am not a nostalgic person by nature, but I do get a little nostalgic over old Bills teams. Don't have the DVDs unfortunately.

I do re-watch lots of games online, however. Old ones on Youtube when available. Newer ones on Game Pass (essentially Game Rewind plus Sunday Ticket for those of us out of the country - best thing in the history of everything ever).

I watch in different ways. Sometimes I just want a fix during the offseason. Sometimes I do want to perk myself up, as with your EJ example. Sometimes I will just watch certain players or positions that I usually overlook. It's a good way to educate myself a little more. Lately, I've found myself watching the linebackers. It is striking how different the game looks when you focus on positions away from the ball. I do have a tough time re-watching losses, though I will do it if they played well (e.g., first New England game and KC games from last year). It is still kind of depressing, though, when I know the gut punch is coming at the end. The wins I can watch over and over again - especially the blowouts with lots of scoring (not many of those this past decade) or the ones with great finishes.

Too much time?? Ha. I love it.

Yeah, I will admit my dark secret...I do rewatch the games, win or lose. Usually alone and late at night when everyone else has gone to bed. I like to watch line play and I miss too much when I watch with a group or just find myself caught up following the ball. I also try to see why some of our LBs simply disappear on plays or DBs who seem lost. Ultimately though, I enjoy replaying big hits from our D, great special teams plays or just about anything else that usually doesn't make the highlight reel but together are the real reasons we win or lose games.

I'll re-watch a Bills game if they win. If they win a key game, I'll keep it. Love seeing the Bills get those W's! But for me it's more that that. Watching football being played at the NFL level is really something special. The skill & athleticism to play at that level is something very few people can do. So seeing a well executed play to the point where it results in a win is really great entertainment to me. That's good stuff. Go Bills!

Yes the rewind feature on NFL.com is simply amazing though you have to have a lot of time to watch the coaches film. I prefer to watch the games in condensed form.

I thought there was going to be more re-watchers.

Only if I went to the game so I can see what I missed.

lol for a couple reasons !

Buftex you have a wonderful post. .

like i said. You can tell who watched and rewatched games for details.

i wish i had more time. i depend on the kindness of strangers

you fools

for perspective.

I can only rewind so much.

I spent sooo much time watching again and again Mario Williams first season because i was so pissed about his seeming real time lack of effort. I am still a little pissed at year one. But the Wannstadt thing y'know.

He did better last year and i dont hate him anymore. But i had to isolate him on film to be okay with it

I used to enjoy watching old games from the glory years but even that has started to become tough for me because its just going on so long now that the Bills have been irrelevant that you can only stomach watching games from over 20 years ago now for so long. And the fact that we just keep getting further and further away from those days also makes it tougher to watch nowadays. But if I go to a game then I usually dvr it and watch it later in the week whenever I have time because when your at the game and your partying you do miss so many things