Bon Jovi Linked to Bills again

After reading this thread it's obvious many of you know very little about Mr. Bon Jovi. Ever see him interviewed? He's a very bright, articulate and impressive guy. Not saying he should be the one or that he even has a great chance at becoming the next owner, but he should be taken seriously.

If Bon Jovi buys the Bills and relocates them, he would be a wanted man here "Dead or Alive". This is a fact! In all seriousness though, NFL teams just don't come available on the market like this too often. Even if Mr. Bon Jovi goes through the process and doesn't get it, he may simply benefit down the road from being involved and invested in this. I still think there are enough billionaires with desires to keep the team in WNY that we are safe.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Bon Jovi buys the team I expect a full on propaganda campaign about how he's a good guy and wants to keep the team in Buffalo and the fans are awesome and he will work with the stadium relocation committee and a bunch of other garbage to appease the fans. They will do whatever it takes to buy time while we are locked into the lease. Please don't buy into it. They are trying to steal our team. This means war. If I hear anyone else call him "Mr." again I'm going to barf. He's the enemy. Let's stay focused here people. This is our team and they aren't taking it without a fight! We need to stick together now more than ever

This was the Bon Jovi article that I read yesterday: http://m.torontosun.com/2014/04/10/bon-jovi-part-of-toronto-group-expected-to-bid-on-bills (sorry if it has been posted I didn't read the whole thread). What I took away from it is that it would pretty difficult for Lieweke and Bon Jovi to get involved in any kind of bidding war. Their net worth is nowhere near that of Jacobs, Pegula, Trump, etc... In addition, the stadium in Toronto would need to be privately funded through the sale of PSLs, suite sales, etc.... It's going to take a long time to be as profitable as you can be if you are reallocating your income to your debt.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

... yet his music is uniformly cliche ridden, cheesy, and dumb with a capital D (not to mention downright terrible). Go figure.

What an irony it would be if the Bills were shipped out of town by a standard-issue billionaire, but by a paragon of the worst type of white-bread "rock" issued in the last 30 years.

I prefer the term "No talent assclown," to cite the immortal Michael Bolton.

Seriously, the guy was constructed in a lab with equal parts Def Leppard, Bryan Adams, and a box of romance novels.

This was the Bon Jovi article that Inread yesterday: http://m.torontosun....to-bid-on-bills (sorry if it has been posted I didn't read the whole thread). What I took away from it is that it would pretty difficult for Lieweke and Bon Jovi to get involved in any kind of biddin war. Their net worth is nowhere near that of Jacobs, Pegula, Trump, etc... In addition, the stadium in Toronto would need to be privately funded through the sale of PSLs, suite sales, etc.... It's going to take a long time to be as profitable as you can be if you are reallocating your income to your debt.

This was a good read and does a pretty good job of outlining the very long odds this option has. One thing people tend to overlook is that Bon Jovi may be rich, but he is not nearly rich enough to front ownership for an NFL team. Minority owner and a potential public face sure, but he is not a major player. Even supposing a majority owner with the cash to front the acquisition comes forward, there is the stadium issue which will not be a slam dunk and may not even be possible. Lets not forget about NFL approval and relocation fees. Finally there are a myriad of issues involved with actually placing a team in a foreign country. Not the least of these will be modifications to the CBA to account for foreign residence, tax issues, currency differences, etc. There will be legal and immigration issues as well.

All this points to a couple of things: 1. Buying and running an NFL team in Toronto will be considerably more expensive than any US based option. 2. None of these issues are at all likely to be settled in the timeframe necessary to complete the purchase of the Bills. If Bon Jovi wants to be a minority NFL owner, he would be better served to partner with a US based bid, preferably one in Buffalo, where his contacts and public cache may actually prove beneficial.

Seriously, the guy was constructed in a lab with equal parts Def Leppard, Bryan Adams, and a box of romance novels.

:lol:

A by-product of one of New Jersey's many toxic waste sites, no doubt.

If Bon Jovi buys the team I expect a full on propaganda campaign about how he's a good guy and wants to keep the team in Buffalo and the fans are awesome and he will work with the stadium relocation committee and a bunch of other garbage to appease the fans. They will do whatever it takes to buy time while we are locked into the lease. Please don't buy into it. They are trying to steal our team. This means war. If I hear anyone else call him "Mr." again I'm going to barf. He's the enemy. Let's stay focused here people. This is our team and they aren't taking it without a fight! We need to stick together now more than ever

100% agree. Bon Jovi pretends to like working class cities like Buffalo, but wants to steal the team and take it to Toronto. This is no secret. He is working with a group of Toronto investors. Screw him. And I think you are 100% correct that he would make it appear that he wanted to keep the team here, and loves the fans, and will help Buffalo fans get tickets to the games in Toronto, and perhaps donate money to some Buffalo charity, but in the end he is a jack-a**.

After reading this thread it's obvious many of you know very little about Mr. Bon Jovi. Ever see him interviewed? He's a very bright, articulate and impressive guy. Not saying he should be the one or that he even has a great chance at becoming the next owner, but he should be taken seriously.

He's definitely not an idiot...

But it seems as if this group he's involved with has made it pretty clear (through back channels at the very least) that they have no interest in keeping the team in Buffalo...Though he did not want to say too much, you can tell by Poloncarz's words there is some serious dislike for Bon Jovi among those who want to keep the team in WNY...So...I'm uncertain why any Bills fan would not take him seriously...And they seriously want to hate the guy right now...And as far as I'm concerned he deserves it...So...Let em' ;)

Should we take preemptive measures and burn all Bon Jovi related items in effigy? It will hopefully scare Bon Jovi off from our team and at the same time eliminate Bon Jovi related items from the streets. It's a win-win.

Yes we need a huge Bon(jovi)-fire in front of the Ralph to burn his CD's and have that on the front page of all of the newspapers. We should get WGR or the Edge or both to sponsor it and have a tailgate party too. We can chant "F Bon Jovi"

Yes we need a huge Bon(jovi)-fire in front of the Ralph to burn his CD's and have that on the front page of all of the newspapers. We should get WGR or the Edge or both to sponsor it and have a tailgate party too. We can chant "F Bon Jovi"

:thumbsup:

Perfect!

The big ESPN.com article made it sounds like many Bills fans are resigned to losing the team (eventually). I do think the fans should unite in thousands to show our support somehow in wanting to keep them here at any cost! Gotta get the mainstream media behind the loyal Bills nation.

I gotta say I'm sick and tired of rumor an innuendo and somebody heard something from her brother's friend's cousin's wife who works in city Hall.

Think about 5 years from now and the Bills haven't improved and their losing streak hits 20 years.

The new owner whomever it will be, will use that $28 Million out clause faster than you can say Niagara Falls.

Edited by oman128

I gotta say I'm sick and tired of rumor an innuendo and somebody heard something from her brother's friend's cousin's wife who works in city Hall.

Think about 5 years from now and the Bills haven't improved and their losing streak hits 20 years.

The new owner whomever it will be, will use that $28 Million out clause faster than you can say Niagara Falls.

The team record really isn't going to impact where the team plays. The most important factors in ownership are A) a favorable lease (which the Bills have for 6 years) B) the ability to generate unshared revenues (which they have done well considering the market) C) Debt that they will need to take on (which probably won't factor in until the new stadium).

Those are the main things that we need to be looking at. The new owner can't move them until 2020 -so that's that. How much no shared revenue can the Bills generate compared to other markets? The answer is not as much but a new stadium will certainly close that gap. They will be able to find more creative ways to increase signage, PSLs, naming rights, etc... The last part is about debt and it will certainly be significantly cheaper to keep the team in WNY than to move it. Between penalties, relocation fees, privately funded stadium with Toronto real estate prices, etc... that will not even be close in all likelihood.

The ace in the hole is DC powerbroker Chuck Schumer (whether you like him or not). He will pull out every stop in the book including the antitrust card which the NFL certainly doesn't want played. Ironically, WNY is dealing from a position of power at the moment if they have interested parties.

Don't forget Peter Frampon with the overuse of the talkbox. Except Peter Frampton's use was kind of cool.

that sounds good..the fans are out front on this.. would love the pub it would generate and maybe gain an ounce of coverage and make bon jovi out to be the bad guy.. would love that!as someone pointed out, he loved it when norwood missed, i saw him on some goofy awards show the next night and he went out of his way to congratulate the giants... total douche' Edited by dwight in philly