Why Not Kick The Tires with Josh Freeman?

patfitz

The Bills' Braintrust was interested in him when he was cut loose from TB. He has already established chemistry with our new WR Mike Williams. The Bills are not going to draft anyone more capable as a backup in this year's draft and Thad Lewis would made a good #3. Sorry Tuel.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How often does a QB get a chance to start, stink it up, and then go somewhere else and be successful? Not a rhetorical question, I'd really like to know because I can't think of one. It sounds like Fitzy all over again, and I would take him over Freeman at this point. I'd say after 3 years in the league, you know what you're getting from a QB

How often does a QB get a chance to start, stink it up, and then go somewhere else and be successful? Not a rhetorical question, I'd really like to know because I can't think of one. It sounds like Fitzy all over again, and I would take him over Freeman at this point. I'd say after 3 years in the league, you know what you're getting from a QB

Are you familiar with Freeman or just spouting nonsense?

The Bills' Braintrust was interested in him when he was cut loose from TB. He has already established chemistry with our new WR Mike Williams. The Bills are not going to draft anyone more capable as a backup in this year's draft and Thad Lewis would made a good #3. Sorry Tuel.

Not ! He has already had the tires kicked & they have looked kind of bald & going flat i would rather take a flyer on one of the guys coming out in this years draft it would cost a lot less money for a longer period of time ...

can I just kick Freeman instead?

the Bears are the first team to even give the guy a look in free agency, as they just had Freeman in for a look. The guy only played in one game last year and stunk it up.

That's not accurate as he played three games for Tampa, did not play well, but was a poor scheme. he had a OC who mimicked the Giants push the ball down the field offense. He flourished on a West Coast offense where he could make quick reads. The disturbing part is the Raiders OC was at Tampa when Freeman was successful. He at times looked great and had two good years in Tampa. The part I'm referring is why didn;t the Raiders bring him in as a back up.

Living in Tampa, it became apparent Freeman's head was not in it. The news here was he had some mental issues, which is fine. He wouldn't be the only one in the NFL. It's a risk as he has the tools, speed, and can be accurate. Then again, he could flop. I'd still want EJ as the starter, and if given time, Frfeeman could be an ok back up. The problem with the MN game last year is they were desperate and did not give him anytime to prepare for their offense. They threw him out there after only 1.5 weeks, and he didn't know the plays. He looked territble and they never gave him another chance. If they waited a month, let him completely understand the playbook, terminology, etc. would he have been better? Who knows?

So at the league minimum, I'm fine with him being the third QB, and no guaranteed money. I would take him over Tuel as he has more talent. In 2010, he had 25 TD's to 5 Int's. In 2012 he had 27 TD's to 17 Int's. Three of his years he had a completion % over 60%. My point is only the Bills FO can figure out does he want to play football, work on learning Hackett's scheme all year, and maybe he moves up to the #2 spot. Now if EJ gets hurt in games after October, he could come in and win some games.

I am not going to beat on the drum to bench EJ though.

Any day he is better than Thad and Tuel. Bring him on.

To answer your question, just watch the MNF game last year. I think that game answered all of the questions that any curious GM's had. He's not good, then combine that with possible substance abuse problems and huge work ethic questions...why would anyone want him?

Any day he is better than Thad and Tuel. Bring him on.

That was proven false last year. Again, watch the week 7 MNF game with Freeman, Thad beat the Dolphins 24 hours earlier.

I don't like Thad at all, but facts are facts.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I thought someone was going to pin a thread where the title stated "insert washed up, useless nobody QB name here"... "What do we have to lose?"

Are threads like these ever going to end? I could understand if it was a player with some serious success, like a peyton manning, or possibly Russel Wilson several years down the road in his career, but Josh Frickin Freeman? If anyone can site an example where some talentless nobody, never has-been ever signed with a team and became an all pro, then maybe it might be time to just lock these threads right after they're posted.

I thought someone was going to pin a thread where the title stated "insert washed up, useless nobody QB name here"... "What do we have to lose?"

Are threads like these ever going to end? I could understand if it was a player with some serious success, like a peyton manning, or possibly Russel Wilson several years down the road in his career, but Josh Frickin Freeman? If anyone can site an example where some talentless nobody, never has-been ever signed with a team and became an all pro, then maybe it might be time to just lock these threads right after they're posted.

Kurt Warner

Edited by Turbosrrgood