Wrestlemania 30, the streak is over!!

Security

I watched on XBMC, and got a good free feed of it....

1. Undertaker was 21-0.............Brock Lesner won, the crowd was stunned, and silent, no one could really believe Lesner won --> did not think this would happen

2. Daniel Bryan defeats HHH, then makes Batista tap out as Orton was not in the rung to become the new champ! --> thought Batista would win

3. Cena defeats Bray Wyatt in a really good match --> Thought Wyatt would win, he looked good though

4. Cesaro wins the Battle Royal, he is like 230 pounds and he body slammed the Big Show who is like 450 over the top rope, man he is strong! ALso had a spot where he threw Kofi Kingston over the top to a perfect landing where his feet hit on top of the stairs and he could remain in the match, well done!

5. AJ Lee wins a decent 20 chick match

Overall, I wish I bought it to watch on TV.

Sad way for the Undertaker to go out............I thought Lesnar was just there for a payday, was never going to win

lesnar, IIRC, was the college wrestler from like Minnesota that went to ufc right? If that is him he is actually considered one kd the best american wrestlers of all time. Along with Kurt Angle.

lesnar, IIRC, was the college wrestler from like Minnesota that went to ufc right? If that is him he is actually considered one kd the best american wrestlers of all time. Along with Kurt Angle.

Yep, that is him. He is a beast!!! He actually was a final cut of the Minnesota Vikings I believe about 4 years ago too, I don't think he ever played football, be was given a chance to play DLINE.

Yup, thats him, went to UFC but had some weird illness that almost killed him and he claims he caught in Canada fishing/hunting IIRC and then he left UFC. He came into the WWE first, left for UFC, and has now come back.

The best are the .gifs that can be found all over the internet of stunned members of the crowd after 'Taker lost.

And yes, 'Taker is 49, started out in the early '90s I believe with the black and purple attire, coming to the ring with Paul Bearer and an Urn, then went through many changes that included getting more goth, becoming a tough biker, and then going back to being "the deadman". You knew it would be coming to an end very soon for him and he would end up losing one of WM matches which will more then likely lead to a full retirement, just figured they would have had someone bigger/more respectable in the industry end it for him, and not Brock Lesnar. (Triple H, Micheals, his "Brother" Kane, etc.)

Must say, haven't really followed it much in over 5 years though, but always intrigued to occasionally check out the results from WM, or watch a few minutes to see whats going on

Yup, thats him, went to UFC but had some weird illness that almost killed him and he claims he caught in Canada fishing/hunting IIRC and then he left UFC. He came into the WWE first, left for UFC, and has now come back.

The best are the .gifs that can be found all over the internet of stunned members of the crowd after 'Taker lost.

And yes, 'Taker is 49, started out in the early '90s I believe with the black and purple attire, coming to the ring with Paul Bearer and an Urn, then went through many changes that included getting more goth, becoming a tough biker, and then going back to being "the deadman". You knew it would be coming to an end very soon for him and he would end up losing one of WM matches which will more then likely lead to a full retirement, just figured they would have had someone bigger/more respectable in the industry end it for him, and not Brock Lesnar. (Triple H, Micheals, his "Brother" Kane, etc.)

Must say, haven't really followed it much in over 5 years though, but always intrigued to occasionally check out the results from WM, or watch a few minutes to see whats going on

Originally he came to the ring with Brother Love.

He actually made his debut with NWA/WCW as "Mean Mark Callous".

Is AJ Lee still the Divas champion?

Well his WWE/F debut was as the Undertaker :nana:

Was Paul Bearer also Brother Love, or were they different?

I don't remember The undertaker coming to the ring with anyone else but Paul Bearer

It's a shame what they did. Undertaker is a legend. CockLesnar is a joke. They sucked him off years ago and he quit for other options. Really thought they would have learned their lessons from before and not given in to his crap. Unfortunately, the WWE is extremely stupid and they will lose even more fans than they have because of this.

I haven't watched in years, but it's a shame. If I did watch, I'd probably stop watching too.

wasn't he paired up with sid vicious as "the skyscrapers"?

It's a shame what they did. Undertaker is a legend. CockLesnar is a joke. They sucked him off years ago and he quit for other options. Really thought they would have learned their lessons from before and not given in to his crap. Unfortunately, the WWE is extremely stupid and they will lose even more fans than they have because of this.

I haven't watched in years, but it's a shame. If I did watch, I'd probably stop watching too.

if memory serves, the wwe gives people just enough of what they want and then go a different direction to make people really mad to keep coming back for more. kinda like "i hate that guy so much i wanna see him get his @$$ beat".

if memory serves, the wwe gives people just enough of what they want and then go a different direction to make people really mad to keep coming back for more. kinda like "i hate that guy so much i wanna see him get his @$$ beat".

yes. But that doesn't always equal wins in fights. Sometimes the jerk loses but gets to beat down the winner after the fact. So it's almost like a win , but on paper it's not official. There's many shades.

Well his WWE/F debut was as the Undertaker :nana:

Was Paul Bearer also Brother Love, or were they different?

I don't remember The undertaker coming to the ring with anyone else but Paul Bearer

Paul Bearer & Brother Love were two different people.

Brother Love introduced the Undertaker to the WWF/E, and was his first manager. However it was very brief. This was back when the Undertaker wore a hat and tie and just had that deathly look on his face. Back in his days as a heel.

He actually replaced Sid Vicious as the newest member of "The Skyscrapers", alongside Dan Spivey.

Talk about a reality shift. I would have bet anything that watching WWE these days was something boys did while waiting for their girlfriends' mothers to bring their girlfriend home from a Miley Cyrus concert.

Please don't take that as a jab, you guys, because...well...yeah, sorry. It's a jab. What the hell? You dudes still have your Farrah Fawcett poster in your room?

Talk about a reality shift. I would have bet anything that watching WWE these days was something boys did while waiting for their girlfriends' mothers to bring their girlfriend home from a Miley Cyrus concert.

Please don't take that as a jab, you guys, because...well...yeah, sorry. It's a jab. What the hell? You dudes still have your Farrah Fawcett poster in your room?

I never got the fascination either.

i always laugh at the comments from the "haters" just because wrasslin' is fake. Yeah, everyone knows, just like 90% of everything else shown on TV thats "fake" and written by writters. Did you laugh at all your friends who watched Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones, or whatever else is hugely popular on tv "because its fake and scripted"?

As a kid I was a big WWE/F fan, I knew that the outcomes were written/fake, but the only ones that seem to care about that are the ones who laugh at it because they think the fans who watch it don't know and believe its real

But I will laugh at the reactions to the people in the crowd who were stunned and really upset that the streak was ended by Lesnar

i always laugh at the comments from the "haters" just because wrasslin' is fake. Yeah, everyone knows, just like 90% of everything else shown on TV thats "fake" and written by writters. Did you laugh at all your friends who watched Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones, or whatever else is hugely popular on tv "because its fake and scripted"?

As a kid I was a big WWE/F fan, I knew that the outcomes were written/fake, but the only ones that seem to care about that are the ones who laugh at it because they think the fans who watch it don't know and believe its real

But I will laugh at the reactions to the people in the crowd who were stunned and really upset that the streak was ended by Lesnar

For me it wasn't because it was fake. To me it's just way over the top dramatic and goofy.

For me it wasn't because it was fake. To me it's just way over the top dramatic and goofy.

yea - theres a wide variety of shows that are nonsensical story lines and poorly acted that i wouldnt watch.

if someones into the spectacle of it, so be it.... but i dont particularly get it as a day in and day out endeavor to watch. as a kid it was cool to see guys jumping off the ropes and throwing each other around but that wore off pretty quickly and there wasnt much (any?) substance behind it.

yea - theres a wide variety of shows that are nonsensical story lines and poorly acted that i wouldnt watch.

if someones into the spectacle of it, so be it.... but i dont particularly get it as a day in and day out endeavor to watch. as a kid it was cool to see guys jumping off the ropes and throwing each other around but that wore off pretty quickly and there wasnt much (any?) substance behind it.

Of course, but do you or others openly mock others for watching them?

My dad had a small grocery store when I was a kid in the 60's. He had a magazine rack and the wrestling magazine covers had lots of blood on them. Not sure how fake it was back then.

I don't think it was much different when it comes to the blood, except that recently I believe the WWE said they were cutting back on the scripted bleeding/cuts

Back in the day though (like the 60's) it was more about the actual technical wrestling, with the winner being pre-determined. Now its more about the acting and trying to create feuds/storyline then whats actually going on in the ring.

Its cheesy, its fake, its entertainment to some, I would never mock anyone for watching it though (not saying you or anyone here really did), Its just that most times the reaction to anyone that talks about it is "you know its fake" or "Can't believe you watch that, its not real"

Of course, but do you or others openly mock others for watching them?

i mock those that watch wrestling no more, or no less than those that watch day time soaps, tru tvs ridiculously fake reality tv, or the jersey shore... which is to say i might crack a joke here and there but genuinely dont care what you watch. enjoy what makes you happy.

Edited by NoSaint

I heard a good line on the radio the other day. It was something along the lines of twitter blowing up sunday night with comments about wresting being fake. Those same people then turned around and watched a show with dragons.

I gave up on wrestling maybe 5 years ago or so, but I won't question anyone who watches it. We've seen enough point shaving scandals and corrupt refs in the so called real sports that the "it's fake!" complaints ring hollow with me at this point. Another thing that I think happens a lot with people who stop watching wresting is that they eventually come back to it when they have kids of their own.

I like how its deemed fake and the dudes get hated on for not being tough or athletes. And how the heels are so bad and so evil while the baby faces and marks are loved.

Truth is I'd take Angle or Lesner in a real match over anyone. Angle would probably have destroyed Leaner handily.

Paul Bearer & Brother Love were two different people.

Brother Love introduced the Undertaker to the WWF/E, and was his first manager. However it was very brief. This was back when the Undertaker wore a hat and tie and just had that deathly look on his face. Back in his days as a heel.

He actually replaced Sid Vicious as the newest member of "The Skyscrapers", alongside Dan Spivey.

ah yes, dangerous danny spivey. i remember the name but i don't remember a thing about him.

I like how its deemed fake and the dudes get hated on for not being tough or athletes. And how the heels are so bad and so evil while the baby faces and marks are loved.

Truth is I'd take Angle or Lesner in a real match over anyone. Angle would probably have destroyed Leaner handily.

i don't think reality has any place in the wwe.

i always laugh at the comments from the "haters" just because wrasslin' is fake.

it has nothing to do with being fake. I used to be a huge fan back in the days of Captain Lou Albano and Gorilla Monsoon. I never missed a fight. It was all we talked about the next day. And then something happened and I realized I just wasn't into it any more. I can't put my finger on it. I don't know that it was any one thing or...no...wait...now I remember.

I grew pubes and discovered girls have boobs.

You laugh a lot.

ah yes, dangerous danny spivey. i remember the name but i don't remember a thing about him.

i don't think reality has any place in the wwe.

sad, too. Some say Kurt Angle was among the best Olympians this country every yielded.