Donald Trump asked to invest in the Bills

As per Joe B Twitter

He was asked last week by a group if he would be interested in being part of their plan to buy the Bills.

I remember him saying he is a big Bills fan because they are the only NY based team to actually play in the state of NY and that he has a close friendship with Jim Kelly

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that Trump would NEVER be approved as an NFL owner because he was the major impetus behind the USFL antitrust suit against the NFL back in the 80's. It cost the league big money to defend that suit and the owners have long memories.

IMO, you can forget the bad hair guy as a potential owner of the Bills.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

He said he would be interested in looking at it. I am not sure how comfortable I would be if Donald Trump were the "Angel" being counted on to do the right thing and keep the team in Buffalo, but I guess it is good news that there is interest. Also, obviously, hard to tell if the Donald is telling the truth or just pumping up his own self importance, but it was an interesting interview none the less.

I believe that Trump would NEVER be approved as NFL owner he was the major impetus behind the USFL antitrust suit against the NFL back in the 80's. It cost the league big money to defend that suit and the owners have long memories.

I forgot about that. Just in general, he would not seem to be the type of guy the boys want in their little club, but eventually money talks.

He wouldnt be the sole owner though...

CBF

Nor is he the silent partner type.

I believe that Trump would NEVER be approved as an NFL owner because he was the major impetus behind the USFL antitrust suit against the NFL back in the 80's. It cost the league big money to defend that suit and the owners have long memories.

Yeah, but how many of today's owners were around for that? Not many. Different Commish as well. Trump would be great I think. Super competitive man with an enormous pocketbook and pull in this state. Potentially could influence law makers on new stadium financing from the State. I would be very nervous about him moving the team though, don't trust him at all.

Yeah, but how many of today's owners were around for that? Not many. Different Commish as well. Trump would be great I think. Super competitive man with an enormous pocketbook and pull in this state. Potentially could influence law makers on new stadium financing from the State. I would be very nervous about him moving the team though, don't trust him at all.

The Mara and Rooney families were around and they have major clout with the league owners. IMO, any ownership group with Trump involved is DOA.

I've been putting Trumps name out there for years. Because of his history with The USFL, Kelly, NYS.

Bout time someone actually asked him. I wouldn't be surprised. Don't think he's be theajority owner but I firmly do believe he is/was part of the Kelly group.

I would rather not have a moron involved in Bills ownership regardless of how rich or business "savy" he is.

Dear Lord, this is scary. He has filed for backruptcy and was nearly $3.5 million in debt. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump He's so desperate to be in the news, it's kinda sad. It would be like Mega Jerry Jones. He would definitely try to be the GM, President, and possibly head coach. This would be a disaster.

LaCanfora had a column the other day that Pegula is a name being circulated among the owners at the meetings.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24504283/observations-likely-sale-of-bills-could-speed-up-nfls-race-to-la

Buffalo Sabres owner Terry Pegula could be the white knight who keeps the team planted as is. He has a very strong bond and ties to the area and his name was making the rounds among other owners during these meetings as someone who is expected to be a part of this process.