Donald Trump asked to invest in the Bills

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, Trump may not be everyone's top candidate, but hes not going to move the team.

I agree and I will take it one step further.

I think he would be a great owner and would settle for nothing but the best.

Mark Cuban was not a popular owner but he demanded the best from his team and he really turned around the Mavs.

I can see Trump doing the same for the Bills.

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

I agree and I will take it one step further.

I think he would be a great owner and would settle for nothing but the best.

Mark Cuban was not a popular owner but he demanded the best from his team and he really turned around the Mavs.

I can see Trump doing the same for the Bills.

CBF

would he know how to get the best though? This isn't the real world. There are rules andimits to be being the best. The salary cap is just one instance

Surrounding yourself with the best people to make the decisions in business is easy. In football it is much tougher. the game is changing all the time.

Surrounding yourself with the best people to make the decisions in business is easy. In football it is much tougher. the game is changing all the time.

Wow this is completely backwards. The rules change minimally every year in the NFL. Additionally as an owner he wold have a say in any rule changes, plus the other owners also want to make money as well so they are like minded. And finding quality people you can trust is harder in football than in business? You don't really believe in the current global economy is is harder to run a NFL team than a business, do you?

Edited by CodeMonkey

would he know how to get the best though? This isn't the real world. There are rules andimits to be being the best. The salary cap is just one instance

I agree, finding Football savvy people who are up with the times is not very easy,

more importantly , getting these footballs minds once you find them, to come to Buffalo is even more tough,

In my opinion Donald Trump may help create the kind of positive vibe needed to change the face of the franchise.

Man to be completely honest, I would think long and hard about continuing my support for the Buffalo Bills if Trump was the owner, even if he kept it in Buffalo. In some ways, a football franchise reflects the consciousness of their owner, and Trump is not anyone I'd want near something I love.

I have said before that I would sell my soul to the devil to see Buffalo win a Super Bowl. Trump ownership would be just that. I wouldn't bat an eye, we have been through enough and shouldn't feel guilty at all.

If Trump owned the Bills we would go from being considered just another small market team like the Bengals, Chiefs and Jags to being considered a unique, small market team with a big market type of owner. He loves anything New York State, and I could see the Donald try to make Buffalo relevant again in the public consciousness. It could be the best thing to ever happen to the Bills, especially if Jim Kelly gets to chaperone the football side of things.

I have said before that I would sell my soul to the devil to see Buffalo win a Super Bowl. Trump ownership would be just that. I wouldn't bat an eye, we have been through enough and shouldn't feel guilty at all.

I could never ditch the Bills just because of an owner. I dislike a lot of people's politics, but I'd be hard pressed to find someone I abhorred enough to make me abandon the team. Maybe the Koch brothers. Not just a loud mouth sideshow of a presidential candidate. Go Bills forever.

If Trump owned the Bills we would go from being considered just another small market team like the Bengals, Chiefs and Jags to being considered a unique, small market team with a big market type of owner. He loves anything New York State, and I could see the Donald try to make Buffalo relevant again in the public consciousness. It could be the best thing to ever happen to the Bills, especially if Jim Kelly gets to chaperone the football side of things.

and If it would help give Kelly even more strength and determination, regardless of how well JK would do managing a football team,

Donald Trump is the man for me :thumbsup:

It could go a number of ways.

I really suspect he would spend the next 7-10 years really putting the screws to the county and state for a stadium as well as other subsidies, and he would not hesitate to leave at the end of the lease if he doesnt get his way.

I could also picture a circus level ownership "adjustment". Think Terry Pegula but a huge ego to feed.

Or it can go well and be a marriage that will help Buffalo's redevelopment as well as trump's portfolio and public profile.

Personally im very guarded on this. I would much rather someone buys the team a bit more "bonded" to the region/city.

http://www.usatoday....ership/7736031/

Stevie weighs in:

HiMom.@StevieJohnson13 16h

Cant replace RWJr, but if it's @realDonaldTrump or someone else, my only hope is the @buffalobills stay in #Buffalo #AllAboutMyBUFFALOBills

I'd expect Stevie to be the first one in the board room after he gives up on a play.

"stevie, you've made some good plays in your day, but after your performance on the field today...you're fired"

Edited by thr_wedge