Trade up with Jacksonville

If Clowney goes first....

I think the Jags could be a team to target in a trade. Why?

I've believed they'll take Clowney if there. But signs are pointing to Houston taking him......so option 2----Manziel, Bortles, or Bridgewater. One of those 3 they will get at 9.

What would they would want in addition. Spiller. They aint going with Todman and a rookie QB. Im wondering if the Chris Johnson rumors today are related to the Bills wanting to move up.

Who do we take at 3? Well...assume for sure that Clowney and Robinson are gone. Evans? Mack? Watkins?

I think you go with Mack. Instantly a top 3 defense in the AFC. Draft Zach Martin RD 2. Then in a deep WR draft, look for the Penn State or Vanderbilt kid RD 3. Dont like that? Fine. Draft the OT or WR. Im good with that to. Point is we move up to 3 and have pick of the litter. And it cost us an RB that wont be here in 2015 anyway.

Now replacing Spiller is the hard part (maybe). We are going to draft an RB. We brought in Dixon. F Jax still good for 15 carries a game. We'll find an RB that suits this O.

I like the thought of trading back for more picks but not this year. Its time for IMPACT players on day 1. Studs.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've believed they'll take Clowney if there. But signs are pointing to Houston taking him......so option 2----Manziel, Bortles, or Bridgewater. One of those 3 they will get at 9.

What would they would want in addition. Spiller. They aint going with Todman and a rookie QB. Im wondering if the Chris Johnson rumors today are related to the Bills wanting to move up.

Who do we take at 3? Well...assume for sure that Clowney and Robinson are gone. Evans? Mack? Watkins?

I think you go with Mack. Instantly a top 3 defense in the AFC. Draft Zach Martin RD 2. Then in a deep WR draft, look for the Penn State or Vanderbilt kid RD 3. Dont like that? Fine. Draft the OT or WR. Im good with that to. Point is we move up to 3 and have pick of the litter. And it cost us an RB that wont be here in 2015 anyway.

Now replacing Spiller is the hard part (maybe). We are going to draft an RB. We brought in Dixon. F Jax still good for 15 carries a game. We'll find an RB that suits this O.

I like the thought of trading back for more picks but not this year. Its time for IMPACT players on day 1. Studs.

STOP IT!

You think we give them Spiller and get their draft spot? Is this a joke? "We could take any of these possibly franchise changing QBs but the Bills would give us Spiller, you know, that 4 year RB who had one descent year and also is somewhat injury prone"

Maybe we can get Jacksonvilles 3rd round pick for Spiller, maybe.

You think we give them Spiller and get their draft spot? Is this a joke? "We could take any of these possibly franchise changing QBs but the Bills would give us Spiller, you know, that 4 year RB who had one descent year and also is somewhat injury prone"

I think that he is saying Spiller and the 9th pick for 3.

I think that he is saying Spiller and the 9th pick for 3.

Correct.

Im still looking for the "franchise changing" QB in this draft. Not saying there isnt one. Im just not sure who the hell that is.

Entertaining "hypothetical" draft day situation....except you're targeting the wrong team.

Clowney will be the #1 pick, Texans or whoever they find a trade partner with until May 8th.

Rams have #2 AND #13 overall in the draft after the RG-Knee (see what I did thar?) trade. Rams shopping the #2 pick (hoping) that Clowney will fall for either 1. more trade bait for the pick or 2. take Clowney themselves.

#2 will likely cost us this year's #9, future 1st round pick and a 2nd/3rd rounder.

Why trade up? Khalil Mack.

Mack is the real deal. Elite rusher & from UB - seems worth moving up to select a hometown kid to sell some jerseys and take this defense to the next level. Khalil & Kiko? I like it already.

What is with all of this "trade Spiller" talk :doh: ??? WGR spent a significant amount of time discussing moving CJ Spiller & now this thread. It really boggles my mind. Some clowns on the radio were talking about signing Chris Johnson and getting rid of Spiller :wallbash:

He is their most talented & dynamic player on offense; it's not even close. Players like Spiller are very difficult to come by which is why the Bills spent a top 10 pick on him. He has the ability to take over a game & is a threat to score a TD EVERY single time the ball touches his hands.

If you are considering moving Spiller because he "doesn't fit your offense" then I don't want you as OC. You give a player like Spiller his own chapter in the playbook.

What is with all of this "trade Spiller" talk :doh: ??? WGR spent a significant amount of time discussing moving CJ Spiller & now this thread. It really boggles my mind. Some clowns on the radio were talking about signing Chris Johnson and getting rid of Spiller :wallbash:

He is their most talented & dynamic player on offense; it's not even close. Players like Spiller are very difficult to come by which is why the Bills spent a top 10 pick on him. He has the ability to take over a game & is a threat to score a TD EVERY single time the ball touches his hands.

If you are considering moving Spiller because he "doesn't fit your offense" then I don't want you as OC. You give a player like Spiller his own chapter in the playbook.

the problem with your argument is that this FO and coaching staff didn't draft Spiller. And they certainly tried to feed him the ball this past year and they proved that CJ isn't ip to the task of being not only an every down back, they also proved that in the clutch, he wasn't anything special. Gailey did wonders for CJ but he was a mastermind getting his RBs Into space. Not many in this league have been able to match that.

the problem with your argument is that this FO and coaching staff didn't draft Spiller. And they certainly tried to feed him the ball this past year and they proved that CJ isn't ip to the task of being not only an every down back, they also proved that in the clutch, he wasn't anything special. Gailey did wonders for CJ but he was a mastermind getting his RBs Into space. Not many in this league have been able to match that.

I understand that this coaching staff didn't draft Spiller but that shouldn't make a lick of difference. He is their most talented and dynamic offensive weapon:

207 carries / 1244 yards / 6.0 ypc / 6 TD

43 receptions / 459 yards / 10.7 ypr / 2 TD

Those numbers speak for themselves. Averaging 6 yards per carry is pretty amazing on 50 carries.. Spiller did it on over 200 carries. On top of that, he averaged over 10 yards per reception. That is an elite offensive playmaker.

He also wasn't a total bust last season like some posters are portraying him to be. He struggled through injury last season & only managed to start 10 games. There was a revolving door at QB with some of the worst QB play in the NFL allowing defenses to load up the box & focus on shutting down Spiller and FJax:

202 carries / 946 yards / 4.6 ypc / 2 TD

Some people are acting like he did nothing & averaged 2.0 ypc.

I don't understand how a player that talented "doesn't fit your offense"... take your playbook and throw it in the garbage if you can't fit a player like that into your gameplan. Nothing gets me more aggravated then a coach who force feeds their system onto their players. The hallmark of a great coach is adapting their scheme to their player's strengths.

He certainly isn't a 320 carry back but that is why you have FJax. I don't know where you're getting "he isn't anything special in the clutch". The Bills weren't in too many spots to settle that.

If Chan Gailey can do it, there is no reason Hackett can't.

I'm a huge Spiller fan. If it's true the Bills were going for Johnson I just don't get it. Spiller is very similar to Cj in running style but I feel he is better catching the ball. I can't compare their ability to block bc I don't know how well Johnson is at that but I know Spiller struggles with pass blocking. Like some others have said I feel Spiller can take it to the house at any time and I hope that we can help build a line to help him show what he can do.

I still think Watkins should be the target in a trade up, should Clowney go to Houston.

Surrendering multiple picks for an OT at the top of the draft is an inefficient use of resources for a team with a 24-year-old stud LT already in place, in my view. Reason being that players who have the talent to play LT and receive accolades like Pro Bowls, All-Pro teams and even a chance at the HOF will seek out that opportunity rather than wasting away playing RT. So provided we re-up Glenn, say goodbye to Robinson\Matthews after their rookie contract. Everyone wants the recognition they deserve, especially people who put in the kind of work it takes at the NFL level.

It's been pointed out that Schwartz' defenses have invested less in LBs than in DL and DB. So with Kiko already in place I don't see Buffalo trading up for another OLB.

I still think the Bills have need for a true all-around, go-to receiver. Right tackle can be covered as late as the 3rd-4th round in this draft to compete with Hairston and Pears.

Love this plan

Trading Spiller is crazy as is the talk around judging EJ's potential based on a partial season of his rookie year. If you watch how our line was manhandled you often saw RBs with no where to go, hits in the backfield and DL coming free on the QB like they weren't being blocked (they weren't). Give the team a solid line through the draft and I think this O will blossom. Draft the best of the three OTs at 9. Pay Cordy if he continues to be solid at LT and pay the man at RT if he earns it. Plug in competent guards and we got a winner for years to come. The WRs are talented and I really like Woods. TJ has had his chance and so now it's Grahams turn. Williams was a great signing and if his head is straight can be a great pairing with the other two. I would try to trade #13 for whatever we can get. Too much talent, too little brain. TEs are fine and I expect Moeaki to shine this year and complement Chandler. Should upgrade at safety because I am not confident in any of the options not named Williams. Just my opinion.

Im still looking for the "franchise changing" QB in this draft. Not saying there isnt one. Im just not sure who the hell that is.

Sorry about my confusing first comment. I understood our 9 would be in the trade as well but I still don't think there's any chance Jax would take that trade. The ninth is kind of an awkward spot because most of the huge impact guys are gone, which is why the forum is filled with people moving out of it either up or down. Spiller is not worth the difference between the 3rd and 9th pick at all in my opinion. That being said I wouldn't want to get rid of him anyway.