Trade up with Jacksonville

I am regretting I opened this so late but the idea that Spiller being traded and swapping picks to move up just a few points in the 1st? Insane.

Maybe Spiller and a 4th to move up.

Why? Because Spiller is dirt cheap in 2014 and 2015. Even if he only plucks down 600 yards in each season he is still a huge value.

meh...kinda depends on the mindset of the OC and HC. Can we agree that they did not appear to know how to use Spiller last season? Perhaps they decided that rather than try to design plays for him they would prefer to move him & get a beefy RB or two in the draft.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

meh...kinda depends on the mindset of the OC and HC. Can we agree that they did not appear to know how to use Spiller last season? Perhaps they decided that rather than try to design plays for him they would prefer to move him & get a beefy RB or two in the draft.

High Ankle Sprain. That's all I can get to when I sift thru what I remember from CJ in 2013. I don't know what it means but I know it means something.

Not only did they appear to not know how to use him he appeared to not know how to play football, too.

For my 2000 post!!

If you don't know who he is (which I also agree with) why would you trade up for so much uncertainty? The more you're hearing it sounds like the QB's you mention may drop to #9 anyway, or at least one of them. If they do all get taken earlier, which I'm hoping, then there will instead be some good talent dropping down to nine like Watkins, Mack or Evens.

All three of those QB's could be a franchise QB or they could be the next Ryan Leaf, which is about the same as you can say about Manual. So why waste another high pick on someone with no guarantees to be any better? This idea of having two guys compete, all you end up with then is two players fighting for snaps, and neither gets enough to develop, or one doesn't get any. Once the regular season starts,the typical backup QB gets about five snaps a week if they're lucky with the first team, not exactly a good way to develop. Either way until you know for certain what will happen to Manual, you're just wasting another draft pick. As far as I'm concerned the best hing that can happen to Buffalo is all three of them QB's do get take nearly, as that means other top talent will drop to #9

Im still looking for the "franchise changing" QB in this draft. Not saying there isnt one. Im just not sure who the hell that is.

I think marrone wants beefy. Thats fine for chapter two of the "New Bills" second season.

but damnit man , If Gailey and Fitz could make him look awesome worrying defenses , when healthy . i expect little Nate to be even more creative this year .

I think the injury messed CJ up and Marrone was checking his will.

Let me say this folks.

I think Hackett loves what Spiller offers.

I also think it would be foolish to lose him .

For the first time in a long time the Bills are just making sure they are taking a look at all players who could help the franchise. If the front office didn't look at Chris Johnson who has killed us every time we played it would be a huge mistake. I highly doubt that signing CJ2K warrants the releasing of Spiller.

I highly doubt that signing CJ2K warrants the releasing of Spiller.

Right there with you.

Why is it that if we sign a good player we must release one other good player? Why can't we have both? Or at least trade the other?

jeesh.

Right there with you.

Why is it that if we sign a good player we must release one other good player? Why can't we have both? Or at least trade the other?

jeesh.

thread is about using CJ as trade bait. Who said cut him?

Reports were coming out from insiders of NFL Network. That the Bills called Chris Johnson. The reason for that was. Bills are trying Trade Spiller, Bills 1st round pick, and next years 2nd round pick. to Houston for the #1 pick this year. Who they want is any one's guess. Spiller is above average RB and his contract expires at end of 2014. He has all ready stated that he wants top 5 RB money. Which the Bills won't pay. That position no longer can demand big money. It's all about the Receivers & TE's. This all happened Late Friday Morning, well before any local media had heard this. For what ever it's worth.

Reports were coming out from insiders of NFL Network. That the Bills called Chris Johnson. The reason for that was. Bills are trying Trade Spiller, Bills 1st round pick, and next years 2nd round pick. to Houston for the #1 pick this year. Who they want is any one's guess. Spiller is above average RB and his contract expires at end of 2014. He has all ready stated that he wants top 5 RB money. Which the Bills won't pay. That position no longer can demand big money. It's all about the Receivers & TE's. This all happened Late Friday Morning, well before any local media had heard this. For what ever it's worth.

It would clearly be for Clowney. Not sure why Texans want to trade that far down, but that trade is a no brainer for the Bills. Hughes is a decent pass rusher but Clowney makes this a different defense. Not many obvious trade partners for Texans. St. Louis already has Quinn in Clowney role. Jacksonville, Oakland, and Cleveland all need QB's and probably aren't giving up picks for a non-QB. Atlanta makes sense but with Julio Jones trade still in rear view mirror, they're probably not gonna give up a lot of picks.

I don't like that (alleged) trade much, but if it involved signing Chris Johnson as a FA it would be more palatable.