Bills acquire WR mike Williams

Lets hope this is the Mike Williams we are getting...music NSFW, but cool song!

Honestly, I know these are all highlight reels, but I am generally impressed with what I've seen from Mike Williams. I don't know if the Bills are done in FA, but that looks pretty promising.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Williams has much more to offer than Kenny Britt and comes way cheaper than DeSean Jackson. Good move. I wonder who made the first phone call. TB or the Bills?

Britt is a scrub compared to MW and MW is a choir boy compared to Britt. The Buffalo connection makes it even better.

I just love what CBSSPORTLINE had to write. Im pretty sure if he produces like he did in the past he would be a #1 in Buffalo. read this:

Would you believe he was the No. 17 Fantasy wideout in 2012? The No. 11 wideout in 2010? He's 6-2, 212 pounds and plays bigger when he's right. He caught 11 touchdowns as a rookie, nine in 2012. The Bills brought him in because they needed a big red-zone target.

The Bills are expected to retain Steve Johnson, but if they release him (and his $8.5 million cap hit) Williams would become immediately relevant starting opposite Robert Woods. As it is Williams is worth tracking throughout the spring and summer, especially if Buffalo does not draft a receiver early.

"Though he is not a burner (4.5 speed), Williams is adept at getting behind defenses with his sharp and effective route running," according to Chris Brown of the team's website. "

Edited by curitiba

One crazy thought... There is a certain QB who threw all those passes to Mike Williams in 2010, 2011 and 2012. The same QB that the Bills seriously pursued last fall when EJ went down with the knee injury during the Browns game. The same QB who is still on the market and can be acquired for a league-minimum contract.

Honestly, I know these are all highlight reels, but I am generally impressed with what I've seen from Mike Williams. I don't know if the Bills are done in FA, but that looks pretty promising.

The best part is that he didn't even come in FA. He was a trade and will not hurt against our comp pick for Byrd.

Still, we will get stuck with a 5th or 6th for Byrd.

But, we deserve a 3rd.

The best part is that he didn't even come in FA. He was a trade and will not hurt against our comp pick for Byrd.

Still, we will get stuck with a 5th or 6th for Byrd.

But, we deserve a 3rd.

The Bills are eliminated from comp picks in the 2015 draft.

There will be zero comp picks. We know this now.

Unless I am missing something I don't see how?

What am I missing?!?

The comp pick process is described in the Byrd thread.

First criteria is a numbers game input vs output.

We have signed more players than we lost. Therefore the Bills do not meet the criteria therefore they do not get a comp pick.

The later criteria looks at numbers. The Bills don't make it to the later criteria.

One crazy thought... There is a certain QB who threw all those passes to Mike Williams in 2010, 2011 and 2012. The same QB that the Bills seriously pursued last fall when EJ went down with the knee injury during the Browns game. The same QB who is still on the market and can be acquired for a league-minimum contract.

Wait.... Are we talking about the same QB that went 20 for 53 on Monday night football for the Vikes last year? I like where your heads at!

Wait.... Are we talking about the same QB that went 20 for 53 on Monday night football for the Vikes last year? I like where your heads at!

[sarcasm] Yeah that is an intelligent comment and that game is an accurate representation of Freeman's potential. [/sarcasm]

Unless I am missing something I don't see how?

What am I missing?!?

its two tiered - first quantity then quality. we dont qualify on quantity, and couldnt qualify even if every outstanding free agent from our 2013 roster signed elsewhere..... the only thing that would get us a pick for byrd would be if several people we signed ended up on IR this summer or cut.

The comp pick process is described in the Byrd thread.

First criteria is a numbers game input vs output.

We have signed more players than we lost. Therefore the Bills do not meet the criteria therefore they do not get a comp pick.

The later criteria looks at numbers. The Bills don't make it to the later criteria.

This may be true but has nothing to do with Mike Williams. This was a trade.

"Though he is not a burner (4.5 speed), Williams is adept at getting behind defenses with his sharp and effective route running," according to Chris Brown of the team's website. "

Watching that highlight video on the previous page you can tell he must cut like a knife. Most of his routes I don't see a defender within a few yards of him.

EDIT: and I realize I just made an unintentional knife pun about a guy that was stabbed.

Edited by The Wiz