Bills acquire WR mike Williams

His twitter is something. Gave a shoutout to his baby mama on her birthday.

The Instagram is a bunch of him rapping. Him and Stevie can live their rap fantasies together.

Rap it up boys, just score Td's as well.

Couple visible bongs or hookahs on the Instagram too. I'm sure they were just smoking tobacco though.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that it's a great trade and Mike Williams is an exceptional WR. I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but I am familiar with his local "support system."

While I absolutely think it's possible that he turns over a new leaf and that the trade could serve as a wake up call, if he and/or the Bills do not take concrete measures to insulate him from "drama," I think he will continue to make negative headlines.

This is precisely why I believe the trade is a beneficial one. People with the talks of trading Stevie have lost their mind. If anyone can help Mike mature and connect with him on a "swagger" level, it's Stevie. Vice versa, I think Mike can help Stevie learn how to fight for the ball when the ball isn't thrown perfectly.

Reconnecting with Marrone and playing for his hometown are also pluses. But I do agree that it requires some monitoring.

I think it's interesting that they are going after these hometown kids, like Williams and Graham. It almost makes me wonder if this is intentional, and they think local guys are more likely to come, stay, and buy in/be happy and productive in WNY. Maybe that means they want Mack too for that reason.

i said that too JR. I think it goes right along with having guys that want to be here and are excited about being Buffalo Bills. It kinda reminds me of a guy like Fred Jackson. Regardless if he's from here or not, he loves this team, this community, these fans and he does everything to prove himself to everyone. He's the heart and soul of this team. I honestly think that local guys that grew up here, were most likely huge Bills fans, and must be super stoked to play for their favorite team growing up. And that will only help the transition to young guys, and free agents. I think the hometown love will rub off on guys. It will give them a sense of pride being on the team and in the town.

This is precisely why I believe the trade is a beneficial one. People with the talks of trading Stevie have lost their mind. If anyone can help Mike mature and connect with him on a "swagger" level, it's Stevie. Vice versa, I think Mike can help Stevie learn how to fight for the ball when the ball isn't thrown perfectly.

Reconnecting with Marrone and playing for his hometown are also pluses. But I do agree that it requires some monitoring.

Not to knock SJ, but I have never heard him even described as a player who might help another player "mature"--especially a train wreck like Williams.

Also, given the murky conditions under which he exited Syracuse (Marrone says he quit, Williams says there was a "miscommunication" leading him to walk out of Marrone's office, but he didn't quit), hard to know what level of respect he holds Marrone in.

Not to knock SJ, but I have never heard him even described as a player who might help another player "mature"--especially a train wreck like Williams.

Also, given the murky conditions under which he exited Syracuse (Marrone says he quit, Williams says there was a "miscommunication" leading him to walk out of Marrone's office, but he didn't quit), hard to know what level of respect he holds Marrone in.

Idk about that. Hearing from all the "youngsters" interviews last year, they all had positive stuff to say about Stevie. He definitely at least to me looking in as an outsider, looks like the "big brother" type.

i said that too JR. I think it goes right along with having guys that want to be here and are excited about being Buffalo Bills. It kinda reminds me of a guy like Fred Jackson. Regardless if he's from here or not, he loves this team, this community, these fans and he does everything to prove himself to everyone. He's the heart and soul of this team. I honestly think that local guys that grew up here, were most likely huge Bills fans, and must be super stoked to play for their favorite team growing up. And that will only help the transition to young guys, and free agents. I think the hometown love will rub off on guys. It will give them a sense of pride being on the team and in the town.

Agreed. This seems to be a really smart way to build chemistry, loyalty, and pride. Lets hope it works!

Agreed. This seems to be a really smart way to build chemistry, loyalty, and pride. Lets hope it works!

not sure if it would link to rumors of is moving up. But it would be pretty sweet taking Mack. Although I am not sold on Mack, I'm ok with it if they think he's a dominant player.

Is there any way that Marrone could have talked to Mike Williams prior to the trade? Maybe given permission to by TB? To see where he's at in his development?

Just want to call this cryptic comment out. Pure speculation? Or you know something?

Just remember it.

I have a feeling he knows or has enough faith to believe in something. I sort of have faith in a few.

If it is just idle speculation - well, Cletus has been critical of SJ13 before.

Edited by jboyst62

So, back week1 I signed up for the Panthers board to see what does. I seldom post, mostly read. Posted last week when it was so sad being here and didn't want to be around the Jim and Ralph stuff.

Anyway...they really want us to cut SJ13. They think it's likely and cite some Rotoworld article.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/99539-stevie-johnson-is-about-to-get-cut/

Is there any way that Marrone could have talked to Mike Williams prior to the trade? Maybe given permission to by TB? To see where he's at in his development?

Just remember it.

I have a feeling he knows or has enough faith to believe in something. I sort of have faith in a few.

If it is just idle speculation - well, Cletus has been critical of SJ13 before.

Noted. Went back through his posts and don't see anything that indicates great insider insight though. I long for the days of NGU

Rogers - 0 yards, 0 TDs when cut

Williams - 25 TDs, thousands of yards

I'm not sure what you missed but the mastercard priceless term would have ben great here!

What makes you think that if we don't draft an OT at #9 we won't lose Glenn?

What makes people think we automaticalliy lose Glenn if we do? Caps goin up y'all

I think it would be a lot worse if he stabbed his brother.

Gold Jerry. GOLD!

Edited by beerme1

This is a no brainer. Proven talent for low cost/investment. Marrone is a discipline guy and the fact that he is willing to take Williams back bodes well. Give him a shot. If it works out we get a #1 receiver who fits our scheme relatively cheaply. If it doesn't work and and the knucklehead goes off the res. then at least you have put some competition in at the position and have a little more flexibility to take best player available at #9 or below if we trade down. Way to go, boys….

I saw him play at Syracuse during his short career here, the guy can flat out play. His incidents here were minor and I think the last one was an otherwise inconsequential car accident which was after curfew. Although the incidents at SU were not individually a big deal, he had a lot of them. In Tampa he had a DUI arrest that was dismissed in 2010 (you can see the field sobriety test on youtube and it had to be one of the worst DUI arrests ever). He blew under the legal limit and had a clean urine test. He also kicked in a door and caused $200 worth of damage resulting in criminal mischief charges.

I think being released by Tampa and playing for Marrone will probably help him get his head back in the game but sadly, it won't last but a year or two before it'll all go sour. I think its a good deal if we get two good years out of him.

Absolutely love this move! :wub:

This is the epitome of low-risk / high reward. Mike Williams is a 6'2" / 212 LB WR in the prime of his career being only 26 years old. 25 TD's in his 4 years at TB with atrocious QB's throwing him the ball; that is the type of production we need from our WR's. In comparison, Stevie has 28 TD's in 6 seasons.

Now consider it only cost a 6th round pick... Name the last 6th round pick that has done anything in the last decade for this team?? Call me crazy, but I'd much rather have Williams then spending the 9th overall pick on Mike Evans. I will take proven NFL production every single time over a rookie who is a total unknown. Remember spending a 2nd round pick on James Hardy?... that's just once recent example. A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

Yes, he has some off-field issues but nothing crazy. Marrone knows exactly what type of person he is having been his coach & I'm sure he gave this a go-ahead.

STRENGTHS Tall receiver with a good frame. Long-strider that is explosive off the line with fluid hips. Punches out of press coverage and runs precise underneath routes. Leaps well and is adept at high-pointing the ball which makes him a threat in the red zone. Does not take plays off and is solid blocker. Productive when he is on the field.

Doug Whaley :worthy: is really impressing me & is already the best GM this team has had in a long time. Moves like this & getting Jerry Hughes (10 sacks) for Kelvin Sheppard are how you build a legitimate NFL contender. I cannot wait to see what he has planned for the draft. I never thought I could get this excited for a draft... it cannot get here fast enough!